Author Topic: hebron beach/ wellington state park....  (Read 877 times)

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
hebron beach/ wellington state park....
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:30 PM »
went out driving around newfound today to check out launches, scouting for next yr.....wellington this yr., is all plowed out for parking only. def. need a sled to get to the boat launch. watched a group of sleds go onto the ice, and looked like there was a good 8" of slush near shore....(but cummings had no slush near shore).....not sure if i could take bob-house off at this point with these type of conditions.....hebron beach looked great saw about 20 houses spread around the lake at this spot.....looked like a good spot too get on and off but not sure how the fishin' is...would like to hear some info if anyone is willing to give it....i know i mentioned about getting off the ice, and it sounds  a little early, but im just getting ready...lol......see ya out there!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: hebron beach/ wellington state park....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I've never fished over that way in winter.  Never caught any fish over that way in Summer, except hornpout and bass in the marsh.  Mark a lot of fish in Summer.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I did pretty well when I went up there earlier this season.  With 20 houses out there, it is probably a got indicator on whether or not there are fish.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009, 05:43 PM »
With 20 houses, there is probably too much going on to get anything but a schooly to bite.
You'd be best to get just south of them off Indian Point if you can.  Setup in 60' Far enough from the pack..  better chance of larger fish.

I think I'll drill some holes off Cummings tonight, so that I can be quiet first thing in the morning...

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:11 PM »
they were all spread out across the lake....not bunched up......but the access is very inviting
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:20 PM »
they were all spread out across the lake....not bunched up......but the access is very inviting

Then drill some holes in front of the River 30 yrds past the markers.  Look for the 40-45' mark.  That's a small shelf. Then put another on bottom at 70-80'
They won't be that far apart...  Might want to use a live tipup sucker for these locations on bottom.  Oh ya,  10lb test 2lb diameter spiderwire and a hook that won't bend over on yah..  ;D 
Best to get out there Early Early

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.