Author Topic: Pond in new london  (Read 705 times)

Offline piet15

• IceShanty Rookie
Pond in new london
« on: Jan 30, 2014, 02:55 PM »
Does anybody know if the pond near chuckechesse in newlondon has access to fish in and if it is any good fishing. It is called brandegee lake any info or water depth would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pond in new london
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2014, 04:37 PM »
I bring my kids there once or twice a year because its 5 minutes from my house. Most of the pond is between 5 and 10 feet and some areas are very weedy. It's full of small picks and bass (hardly anyone fishes there year round). I've pulled a 5 pound bass out of there and a few big picks but most are much smaller. I've had a few days when flags are flying constantly, and I've only been skunked there once, so you should have a busy day. Park behind Spring Hill Suites and there's a small path through the woods to the pond. People have been out there this week so the ice should be OK. Try a long row right down the middle. You will most likely have the place to yourself.

Offline piet15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:51 PM »
sounds good thanks!

Offline piet15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2014, 11:44 AM »
I bring my kids there once or twice a year because its 5 minutes from my house. Most of the pond is between 5 and 10 feet and some areas are very weedy. It's full of small picks and bass (hardly anyone fishes there year round). I've pulled a 5 pound bass out of there and a few big picks but most are much smaller. I've had a few days when flags are flying constantly, and I've only been skunked there once, so you should have a busy day. Park behind Spring Hill Suites and there's a small path through the woods to the pond. People have been out there this week so the ice should be OK. Try a long row right down the middle. You will most likely have the place to yourself.
Do you know if there are any type of perch there??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.