Author Topic: Question  (Read 533 times)

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
Question
« on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:09 PM »
I've noticed some of the reports that were moved seem to have been removed completely. I did not see the topics listed on the r & c board, so were they condensed with other topics?
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:26 PM »
I've noticed some of the reports that were moved seem to have been removed completely. I did not see the topics listed on the r & c board, so were they condensed with other topics?

Yes, there is a merge function in the moderation controls. When the topic "Lake X Ice Conditions" is moved to the R&C board, it is then merged with the existing "Lake X" thread on the R&C board. Also, when there are a bunch of "hows the ice?" or "you goin there?" type stuff, some gets removed. The entire exercise is an effort to make it easy(er) for someone to get quick access to the info without having to wade through general discussion. If a post gets removed it's not because it's was an inappropriate post when it was made, it's simply to manage the clutter.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the R&C board, and also to the rest of you for being patient while I try to organize the boards.  ;D

Offline pikeman80

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:31 AM »
It is also a tool used to reduce the amount of people's BS fish stories like yours jessox
Eveyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.