Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 536798 times)

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #3210 on: Jan 27, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Don't believe anything this man says. He is of questionable character and catches no fish.  ;)

Well the guy who does the fishing report for the Outdoor Section in the Spokesman Review each Thursday repeated what he said.  It is funny to read his reports each week where he tells you about stuff you have already read online either here or on Washington Lakes Reports at washingtonlakes.com  So what's is really new, we are all fishermen, which means we are by definition we are prone to exaggeration and lies.

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3211 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:27 PM »
Rough day today.  Up at 3. On the lake by 445.  Started at lower twin, 4 or so inches of slop on the ice, which is degrading quick, only put 1 trout on the ice.  Fished it yesterday and did ok, 1 kome, and some perch of mixed sizes.  After lower twin this morning a buddy and I hit shepherd, 1 crappie and almost zero marks. Ice was decent.  After that we headed to cocolalla. It's in bad shape. We hit the south end and still needed a plank to get to the ice, buddy still post holed through. Was a bit sketchy.  Ice is only God for about 100 yards off shore, after that it's spongy and soft. We caught a dozen or so pile bait perch and 1 keeper.   After that slop fest we headed to mirror.  1 trout off the bottom and 3 hours of chasing kokanee at mixed depths with few bites we called it a day at sunset.

Was a tough day and ice is going south fast everywhere.  Wish I had better news for everyone.  I didn't even catch enough fish for dinner.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3212 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Rough day today.  Up at 3. On the lake by 445.  Started at lower twin, 4 or so inches of slop on the ice, which is degrading quick, only put 1 trout on the ice.  Fished it yesterday and did ok, 1 kome, and some perch of mixed sizes.  After lower twin this morning a buddy and I hit shepherd, 1 crappie and almost zero marks. Ice was decent.  After that we headed to cocolalla. It's in bad shape. We hit the south end and still needed a plank to get to the ice, buddy still post holed through. Was a bit sketchy.  Ice is only God for about 100 yards off shore, after that it's spongy and soft. We caught a dozen or so pile bait perch and 1 keeper.   After that slop fest we headed to mirror.  1 trout off the bottom and 3 hours of chasing kokanee at mixed depths with few bites we called it a day at sunset.

Was a tough day and ice is going south fast everywhere.  Wish I had better news for everyone.  I didn't even catch enough fish for dinner.

Best you warm up a bit.       ;)2

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3213 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Has anyone been out to Round lake? We might make the trek tomorrow if the conditions haven’t deteriorated too badly.

sihlms391

« Reply #3214 on: Jan 27, 2018, 11:41 PM »
Was out there for few hours today.   Caught a Brook trout.   Ice was ok.  Had to watch for old holes. 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3215 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Thanks for the report. I think we are going to stick with Eloika again today. It’s a bit closer and we have a score to settle with a lunker  that broke one of us off.  ;)

Offline Skookum1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3216 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Well the guy who does the fishing report for the Outdoor Section in the Spokesman Review each Thursday repeated what he said.  It is funny to read his reports each week where he tells you about stuff you have already read online either here or on Washington Lakes Reports at washingtonlakes.com  So what's is really new, we are all fishermen, which means we are by definition we are prone to exaggeration and lies.

I was just making a joke, I'm the friend he's stating in his report. Lol. Steve this Blake.

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3217 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:40 PM »
I was just making a joke, I'm the friend he's stating in his report. Lol. Steve this Blake.
figured that was you lol

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3218 on: Jan 30, 2018, 09:53 PM »
Fernan is very unsafe don't even try to get on it
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3219 on: Jan 30, 2018, 10:49 PM »
As of Saturday 1/27 the ice at spirit was better than it was the weekend before. The shoreline is getting a bit soft but if you stay on the beaten path it is decent. We had a great day fishing with JimTom (catskinner) and caught 22 Kokanee, 1 chinook, and a dandy crappie.  This warm weather and rain could've changed conditions since then so I'd be cautious.

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Why can't it go from warm to instant fishable ice?
« Reply #3220 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Has anyone been out to Round lake? We might make the trek tomorrow if the conditions haven’t deteriorated too badly.

Did you make it up there? If so how was the ice, isn't it pretty shady there this time of year.
Doing what I do best, exploiting the natural resources of the world.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3221 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:46 AM »
Another sad ice season here in the north.  The forecast doesn't look very good either.  Be safe out there.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3222 on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:22 AM »
I've already packed my gear  up. That's not to say that it could not be quickly unpacked if we had a Valentines Day miracle....but it's not looking good. I echo Blueduck's remarks; please be safe/careful out there.

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3223 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Anyone been up to Priest Lake or heard anything about any ice up there?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3224 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:36 PM »
No ice on priestlake still ice on Avondale but a board is used to get on there, hayden not sure been out kokanee fishing in a canoe
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3225 on: Feb 02, 2018, 03:02 PM »
No ice on priestlake still ice on Avondale but a board is used to get on there, hayden not sure been out kokanee fishing in a canoe

You have been fishing Hayden with a canoe?  Is there a board that is left at Avondale or is it BOB bring own board?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3226 on: Feb 02, 2018, 04:05 PM »
The honeysuckle side of hayden is open water just been going out in a canoe fishing from it as for avondale there should still be a board out there

Offline dmpplantz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3227 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:43 PM »
Anybody check out blue or Chase this weekend and can report on ice condition?

Offline waltermaurer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3228 on: Feb 03, 2018, 05:14 PM »
You have been fishing Hayden with a canoe?  Is there a board that is left at Avondale or is it BOB bring own board?
Sorry, I took my board off Avondale yesterday afternoon (Friday) because I've seen no one else on the ice since Monday.  Ice in middle is still 8", fishing is as slow as ever.  Easiest way onto the ice now would be an extension ladder spanning at least 12 ft (but after today's 50F temp, maybe that's not good enough). 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3229 on: Feb 03, 2018, 10:50 PM »
              I took my board off Avondale yesterday afternoon, Friday.

Good deed Walter.

Maybe you saved someone's life.        :clap: ;)2 :angel

sihlms391

« Reply #3230 on: Feb 08, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Went out and check ice today.  Kelso lake has 10 inches .   Round is almost melted.   There was one guy out on ice at mirror.   Didn't go out and talk to him. 

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3231 on: Feb 09, 2018, 10:31 AM »
hows access at kelso?  Lots of open water at shoreline?

sihlms391

« Reply #3232 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Go to public dock and walk off it.  Caught some trout today. Ice is pretty good. Kelso lake

Offline Packernut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3233 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Just wanted to share that they are kill8ng the perch at Curlew lake in Washington.  I took a run up from Spokane a few weeks ago.  We were not in the right spot but many catching over 100 perch in 4 hours.  Easy access.  Took just under 3 hours.  Go to northwest fishing reports for great pictures and recent post.  10 inches of ice.  If I knew there was still good ice I would have gone this weekend. 

Packernut

Offline Packernut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3234 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Just wanted to share that they are kill8ng the perch at Curlew lake in Washington.  I took a run up from Spokane a few weeks ago.  We were not in the right spot but many catching over 100 perch in 4 hours.  Easy access.  Took just under 3 hours.  Go to northwest fishing reports for great pictures and recent post.  10 inches of ice.  If I knew there was still good ice I would have gone this weekend. 

Packernut

sihlms391

« Reply #3235 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Anyone been out checking any lakes still ice on them?

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3236 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:16 PM »
I imagine a few might be back in play by the end of next week if the forecast holds.

sihlms391

« Reply #3237 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:26 PM »
I be checking places Friday.  I know Kelso is good.  Guys are still fishing sportsman access. 

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3238 on: Feb 15, 2018, 02:33 AM »
What are they using at Kelso for terminal gear?

sihlms391

« Reply #3239 on: Feb 15, 2018, 08:31 AM »
I just use any jigs and worm. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.