Author Topic: not in kansas anymore  (Read 1881 times)

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
not in kansas anymore
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Son and I had a bad day.  Got a late start,  my atv wouldn't start.  Tried charging no luck.  Ran to webster and got a new battery and put on the charge.  Loaded my sons atv up, drove to north Hazleton,  went to unload then his wouldn't start!  So then I thought we would go over to Amsden lake and try it.  Never had a bite and only marked a couple fish.  The good thing is it only has one way to go from here.   

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: not in kansas anymore
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Whereabouts in SE Kansas? I'm an old Linn Co. boy! Every now and then I would cut square holes with a Stihl chainsaw in local ponds and Miami Co. Lake. Sorry to hear about your wheeler issues! Maybe one day you'll look back and laugh???  ;D

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:22 PM »
We were laughing today wondering what else could happen.  We live down in Allen county by iola.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new adventure.  Beats work.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:27 PM »
 :thumbsup:

We were laughing today wondering what else could happen.  We live down in Allen county by iola.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new adventure.  Beats work.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:35 PM »
Your work is worse than a day like that? You need a different job. I'd much rather work than have a bad day fishing.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2018, 11:35 AM »
The point of the trip was to spend time with my son, if we caught fish it is a bonus.  We dropped down to Nebraska on Friday and fished Saturday and Sunday catching some nice bluegill and crappie both days.  My son had a good time and that's all that matters.  I don't measure the success of a trip by the number of fish we bring home,  but by the time shared and the memories made.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.