Author Topic: wiring taillights from atv to sled  (Read 1059 times)

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
wiring taillights from atv to sled
« on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:41 AM »
I have a drop basket on the wheeler and pull behind me a Frabill Predator Flip Over. Is it possible for me to run wiring to some lights behind the shack as you can not see the lights on my wheeler at all this way I can be seen crossing the lake at night. Any write up on how to do it.

surflizard

Re: wiring taillights from atv to sled
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Most of the newer model wheelers have a 12 volt power port on them for accessory's now. Trailer light kits are  relatively easy to install and fairly low priced. If it is an older wheeler, you can use a splice kit on your light circuit and use the 4 blade connector kit that comes with the trailer light kit. Auto parts stores and wal mart carry the kits.

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Or you could use one of them suction cup or magnetic light bars they use when towing vehicles. Plugs into the trailer harness on the vehicle and have along wire

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Go to a bicycle shop and get the rear red flashing LED light, they run off a couple AA batteries and seem to flash forever.  Screw them to a small plastic alligator clamp that will grab the edge of your hut.  No wiring needed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.