Author Topic: Location?  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Location?
« on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Why don't you icefisherman post your location on the (Show your post) (location) and (join date) it sure would be nice where you all live. I didn't when I first signed up ,but I went back and showed where I am located. Jerry

Offline Lowrance25

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Location?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:46 AM »
I agree. Some people just don't wanna give away the area they are in. Lol

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:49 AM »
It's funny when someone asks a question about Bass Lake, or Mud Lake, but never gives there location, or even what State they are from?

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Yes it sure helps to give advice to someone when you know where they live.
At least give your state.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:56 AM »
I simply enjoy knowing where these people posting these are from.  Don't worry, not going to come and invade!

Offline Oahuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:02 AM »
Never thought of it. Think I got it now.  ;D
I'm pretty dammit!

Offline Scott Beitzel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:09 AM »
no worries on coming here and invading as yuo had better bring a boat as there is no ice on the lake yet . god i love this winter weather .( yuck)
i wish we would have a better winter heck it's almost like a chilly fall day of weather here lil snow now and than and then maybe rain for a day or so lil wind but nuthing that lasts longer than 1 day cold or not .

sorry for the rant but couldn't resisit  and couldnt rem. if my location was on my profile either ,

Scott

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:11 AM »
It's funny when someone asks a question about Bass Lake, or Mud Lake, but never gives there location, or even what State they are from?

MI has over 50 'Bass Lakes' in the state. Heck some counties have more than one Bass Lake with no qualifier, ie, east, west, north, south, etc.

I never understood not providing location info. It just seems like a common courtesy to do so. Well that and I don't fear an online stalker coming to get me.  ;D

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:13 AM »
See how great this is, now we are all sharing and relating no matter where we're from.   ;D

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »
A location helps tremendously when trying to respond to a post with good info.  Too many lakes in WI alone that are named Mud, Bass, Long, etc.. Not to mention the amount of lakes in other states with the same names.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Why don't you icefisherman post your location on the (Show your post) (location) and (join date) it sure would be nice where you all live. I didn't when I first signed up ,but I went back and showed where I am located. Jerry

You know where I'm from Jerry. ;)

Have you had a chance to use those jigs I painted for you last year?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I think it should absolutely be a prerequisite before you even post to have your "Location" area filled in. There's been a thread on this in the Comment/Suggestion area that I posted a year ago. It needs to become a basic rule. I won't even answer a post without a location. I see no excuse/reason why a location is left blank, other than a devious one... :whistle: Perhaps when a person makes their first post without a location,  they need to be nicely informed to have a location posted.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:01 AM »
LG NY here, waiting on some damn ice!!
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Thanks, Lake George tells me absolutely nothing.  ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »

See until you told me N.Y. I had no idea where Lake George is at? I know of a Lake George in IL.

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Not sure, I'm never shy to tell my location. Always like seeing where others are from so I always put mine up.

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:52 AM »

This is something I have also often wondered about. What are you afraid of anyway? Maybe they are hiding from the law, eh? ;DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Good idea :tipup:  Plus gps coords of honey holes also appreciated!! lol

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:05 PM »
It's not just locations of lakes or where the fishing is hot.
How many times have we heard where can I find lure X or fishing gizmo X or a repair shop for X. It is nice for those in that area to know so the person can be pointed in the right direction.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:16 PM »
Colton, st. Lawrence County, New York.. Mostly on the st. Lawrence river. Come on up and fish we got over something like 700 miles of river :)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:25 PM »
I say we take a poll and run with the results... ;)2

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:39 PM »
I agree, But the Problem with requiring a location is that some would still get around it by listing fictitious cities or even a wrong state..

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:42 PM »
People that ask vague questions about a specific area are newbies to the board, and probably the internet too. They don't yet realize that the world doesn't revolve around them and the internet is a whole lot bigger than their little solar system.

If you ever see me asking an area specific question, it'll be posted in the correct forum (Canada) and in the proper sub forums (Ontario and Alberta) where people are familiar with the lakes I'm asking questions about.

Here's an idea, why don't we just show everyones IP addy and have them post a couple of credit card numers along with their social security number too?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:57 PM »
People that ask vague questions about a specific area are newbies to the board, and probably the internet too. They don't yet realize that the world doesn't revolve around them and the internet is a whole lot bigger than their little solar system.

If you ever see me asking an area specific question, it'll be posted in the correct forum (Canada) and in the proper sub forums (Ontario and Alberta) where people are familiar with the lakes I'm asking questions about.

Here's an idea, why don't we just show everyones IP addy and have them post a couple of credit card numers along with their social security number too?
Good idea! You'll be takin the lead then eh?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:00 PM »
I agree, But the Problem with requiring a location is that some would still get around it by listing fictitious cities or even a wrong state..

I see a lot of people with locations listed as fishville usa, on the ice, etc....They don't have to put it in their profiles, but it does help if they mention the area they are looking for information on.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Good idea! You'll be takin the lead then eh?

Nah... I'll go last. I'm not one of the nosies that needs to know where everyone is from and I understand why people ask the vague area specific questions.

Offline mjbmxz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Holy balls it's gonna pull us through the ice!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it funny!
Just Jiggle it, Jiggle It  :D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Nah... I'll go last. I'm not one of the nosies that needs to know where everyone is from and I understand why people ask the vague area specific questions.
I was referring to the IP addy, credit card and SS numbers.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:24 PM »
I wouldn't call posting a location as criteria for being a "nosie", whatever that implication may intend to apply. For "specific" info related questions, ie; "area", some "specific" info must be provided as to be able to answer accurately as possible the given question.
Apparently the "If the shoe fits" syndrome is in effect here... ::)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:26 PM »
I'm feeling yer pain Jenn.... I think you are gonna need to stick to the smaller waters this season. The King's
 gonna take a while to lock up.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.