Author Topic: Location?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
Re: Location?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:29 PM »
I was referring to the IP addy, credit card and SS numbers.

So was I.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:36 PM »
I have to agree with the request for location. When I first joined in November I thought it was very interesting to read what was going on in the WORLD of fishing, and how people in other areas target different species.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:44 PM »
I agree...nothing wrong with giving up your "general" location...it's common courtesy. Unless you have something your trying to hide, like being a felon.............or a liar :whistle:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:48 PM »
I wouldn't call posting a location as criteria for being a "nosie", whatever that implication may intend to apply. For "specific" info related questions, ie; "area", some "specific" info must be provided as to be able to answer accurately as possible the given question.
Apparently the "If the shoe fits" syndrome is in effect here... ::)

I agree...nothing wrong with giving up your "general" location...it's common courtesy. Unless you have something your trying to hide, like being a felon.............or a liar :whistle:

What's wrong with asking where a person is from?

... is it really that painful to post a reply to a thread?
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I guess if your area only has a couple of lakes in the area and you don't want to advertise it, but like me saying NW WI. I could never fish all the lakes in a lifetime. I have at least 20 lakes to fish within a 20 min. drive

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:53 PM »

What's wrong with asking where a person is from?

... is it really that painful to post a reply to a thread?

There's nothing wrong with asking...but you shouldn't have to all the time...that's why there is a Location area for that info.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:56 PM »
There's nothing wrong with asking...but you shouldn't have to all the time...that's why there is a Location area for that info.

X2.........DUH  ::)

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:05 PM »

You don't have to post a reply to someone that won't give you their location. Posting replies and posting your location is all voluntary.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:10 PM »
So is choosing to help people that are sincere.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 02, 2012, 03:49 PM »
I think it should absolutely be a prerequisite before you even post to have your "Location" area filled in. There's been a thread on this in the Comment/Suggestion area that I posted a year ago. It needs to become a basic rule. I won't even answer a post without a location. I see no excuse/reason why a location is left blank, other than a devious one... :whistle: Perhaps when a person makes their first post without a location,  they need to be nicely informed to have a location posted.

Just my $.02 that it should be like filling out other online forms, that it has a (*mandatory) that you have to fill in order to complete the form. IMO it's just lazy and inconsiderate not to. At least the state would be nice!! Watch it!! I'm comming to fish right on top of you!! :roflmao:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #40 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:49 PM »
I think some guys and gals are worried about someone coming out to their posted location and taking over  :P
But in my opinion it takes ALOT more than just knowing the location to produce a catch  ;)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:10 PM »
People that ask vague questions about a specific area are newbies to the board, and probably the internet too. They don't yet realize that the world doesn't revolve around them and the internet is a whole lot bigger than their little solar system.

If you ever see me asking an area specific question, it'll be posted in the correct forum (Canada) and in the proper sub forums (Ontario and Alberta) where people are familiar with the lakes I'm asking questions about.

Here's an idea, why don't we just show everyones IP addy and have them post a couple of credit card numers along with their social security number too?
:o ::) :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Nah... I'll go last. I'm not one of the nosies that needs to know where everyone is from and I understand why people ask the vague area specific questions.
Sometimes it's only that other ice heads want to know so that they DON'T fish anywhere near you!! :roflmao:

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Sometimes it's only that other ice heads want to know so that they DON'T fish anywhere near you!! :roflmao:

That may be another reason I don't post my location, I could be fishing right next to you the next time you go fishing and you'd never know it! :-* ;)2

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:45 PM »
So why do you guys use forum handles rather than your actual names?   Must be a bunch of felons using aliases to hide from the law...
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:49 PM »
So why do you guys use forum handles rather than your actual names?   Must be a bunch of felons using aliases to hide from the law...

RapShack I guess you are a felon like the rest of is then.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:53 PM »

:roflmao:   :thumbsup:

Offline bpfohler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Just updated mine, guess I was just lazy when I signed up ;D

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:12 PM »

Here! Here!!!... give that man a beer and a shot bartender, I'm buying! :thumbsup:

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Oh no they're on to me :o  good thing I didn't post my location!  They'll never take Rusty Shackelford alive!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:37 PM »
That may be another reason I don't post my location, I could be fishing right next to you the next time you go fishing and you'd never know it! :-* ;)2

I won't be ice fishing the way it's going where I am!! Where am I??? Look on my LOC. :laugh: :whistle:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Is that Rapshack OR Rapsheet ??? :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:50 PM »

That's what we were taught in Special Forces before we engaged in a CO.  >:D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #53 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:55 PM »
I doubt it, I don't get around Alabama much.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:57 PM »

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Just because you stay home doesn't mean everyone stays home.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Icanttellya.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:07 PM »
That ain't agonna happen, we'd all recognize you, in any disguise, there's some things that just can't hide, plus we have photos of you, not to single you out, just the logical reason. Avoidance! :whistle: :roflmao:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:07 PM »
That mean you get out of the trailer once in awhile?? Better look over you shoulder. Someone could be lookin' ta steel yur fishin spot!! ::)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #59 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:12 PM »
And you won't even know what happened!!!  :unsure:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.