Author Topic: Burbot Bash spot  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
Burbot Bash spot
« on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Any plans on the burbot bash spot for the ice shanty peeps? I went up a few years ago and we camped on the BLM land, and had a great time. Not much luck, but a really good time.

Offline y700

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Burbot Bash spot
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:33 AM »
We usually go the week before to avoid the crowds but I would be open to going if a bunch are getting together. 

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:39 AM »
 I have been wondering the same thing. What say ye Matt?  I think we should put Fishonone in charge to pick the spot since he got a new snowmobile this year!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Well we haven't pinned down a spot/date yet, me and fishon1 have decided to make one trip to the gorge and one trip up north to fish with prospector this year. Probably just have our own little bash & chase around some lakers. No scouting trip. If we do a bash tourney next year it will more than likely be the classic out of buckboard. We all have been getting burned out on traveling to manila to finish the burbot bashes up and the prizes have dwindled down quite a bit over the years. We will get a date/spot pinned down soon and anyone is welcome to come hang out and do some fishing. I'm really wanting to fish big bend again out of south buckboard. Hopefully it locks up good and safe asap
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:42 PM »
I have been wondering the same thing. What say ye Matt?  I think we should put Fishonone in charge to pick the spot since he got a new snowmobile this year!

Like musky said we don't plan on doing the bash this year but we do plan on going  up to the Gorge the end of January  for Lakers and even for ling all are welcome to come we will figure out the days with in a few weeks

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Well we haven't pinned down a spot/date yet, me and fishon1 have decided to make one trip to the gorge and one trip up north to fish with prospector this year. Probably just have our own little bash & chase around some lakers. No scouting trip. If we do a bash tourney next year it will more than likely be the classic out of buckboard. We all have been getting burned out on traveling to manila to finish the burbot bashes up and the prizes have dwindled down quite a bit over the years. We will get a date/spot pinned down soon and anyone is welcome to come hang out and do some fishing. I'm really wanting to fish big bend again out of south buckboard. Hopefully it locks up good and safe asap

Musky let me know when you guys plan to go and I will see if I can get time off to go with if that's okay??

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:20 PM »
I'm in for the end of Jan. Will be just getting back from Lake of the Woods trip in MN. Keep us posted

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Well Matt you going to post the days yet ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Ok so it sounds like the group is going to be split a bit this year. Me, fishonone, woofy, prospector, phishinphool & icecutterion along with a few other non I.S. members will be going up on January 27-29th. It will be in between the two tourneys (bash & classic). I'm hoping to be able to get into big bend area and as it gets closer we can pin down a spot.  I can get a map to whomever wants to join us, just post up here or shoot me a PM. Don't know whether we'll be staying on the ice or taking the trailer as of yet. Either way it will be a great time.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2017, 03:16 PM »
 Looking like I will be down there on the  21st and staying that week into the next weekend. Some of my buddies couldn't make the dates for the 27th, so I told them that I would Do both weekends.  I would take a map from you musky if you wouldn't mind. I am thinking about heading up to Firehole first and then meeting up with you guys wherever you decide.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.