Author Topic: K2 Product Hard Deck Product Reviews  (Read 562 times)

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
K2 Product Hard Deck Product Reviews
« on: Feb 28, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Unsure how much of this will get edited...so here goes:

Well for us at least, unless Mama Nature and the Polar Vortex do a major flip flop, we're prepping for the soft water. So with that being said, here's my review on hard deck gear purchased and tested along with rated stars (1 being least liked 5 being most liked):

Honda 4 Stroke 10" auger. Very nice no mixing oil to gas. But I did find punching holes with it well didn't have as much ump-pah I expected and would like bog down lift up slightly and put down worked great. I do like the fact though I didn't smell like gas and it was very quiet including punching holes in tent. However, after seeing the Nils and the drill setup I may look to further enhance for next year...lighter (weight is everything for us) no oil or gas just charging battery. 3 Star

New Vexilar FL-20 totally enjoyed it but I have to admit the zoom features I never used. So the old FL12 to be honest would've met my needs and yep still have the old one. 3 Star

Foldable ice rod holders from Action Tackle Products worked fantastic. Took up no room in sled and very easy to use. Will be looking at getting a couple more of these. 5 star

Google Action Tackle Products

And yes again the Action Tackle Product bite indicator totally ROCKS and showing one the slightest of hits/nibbles. 5 Star

Google Action Tackle Products

Foldable RV Step Stool 9". Mr. Mike Hall had one pictured and told us where he got it. Made the purchase and LOVED IT to set flasher on. Foldable and takes up very little space in sled. Way better than setting flasher on a bucket plus bucket takes up valuable sled space. 5 Star

Google Camping World

Didn't buy the Anti-Gravity Micro Start specifically for ice fishing but of all the gear ops checked...VERY IMPRESSED and well worth the investment and can be used year round...jumping a dead battery and charging my cell phone is what I used it for...very compact and easily fits into glove box, backpack, sled, pocket...the other possibilities with this item are there. 5 Star

Google Anti-Gravity Micro Start

For lures well Mr. Mike Hall presented us with the Sonic Bait Fish (SBF) from Macks Lures and I can tell you this, we'll be using these lures again next hard deck season. Produced numerous PERCHZILLAS on our last trip to Cascade. 5 Star

Google Macks Lures

Bait Purchased: Knutsons a BIG THANK YOU.  All bait arrived alive and when expected.  Great service and product line.  5 Star

So a few K2 product reviews.

So anyone else willing to share reviews?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: K2 Product Hard Deck Product Reviews
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Good product reviews K2, I picked up a 6in nils convertible this year like dubob for the days I'm packing light and the expected catch is not too big. That thing cuts thru the ice great. I was getting 10-14 holes thru 12-15in ice per battery with my 19.2v craftsman. Talking with dubob i will be keeping my eye out for a higher amp/hr battery though. I found when not using the battery it is good to keep it in your jacket for more longevity while out there. I also picked up a 949i and a Marcum LX7. The 949i worked great, plenty of room and when we stayed the night in it the insulated roof and walls made a big difference for retaining heat thru the nite. The tent fits great in the bag plenty of room. the only thing i was not to happy with is that for only being like 10lbs or so heavier than my QF3 it sure feels like more. But it really dont matter when im riding the sled. The Marcum LX7 preformed great. i was really impressed with the 6 color palet and where i have always been using a graph (hard and soft water) it was a good fit for me. The thing read all my jigs from the smallest crappie jigs to the big tanks at the gorge. I dont think i will be upgrading my firmware on it as the 3.17 is working just great. But its good to know i can when they get the bugs worked out on the 4.06. I will probably be looking into the trolling motor mount for this thing in the boat. Should be great drop shotting and jigging
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.