Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1689301 times)

Offline 1750outfiterss

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2190 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Farm& Fleet has Frabil recon on sale $179  $40 off reg
Aquatic Species Relocation Engineer 
I only fish twice a week
Once for 3 and
once for four

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2191 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:38 PM »
I got my email from Overtons, they said only the first order will be fulfilled.  They did offer a promo code for $10 off $50 TAKETEN

Oh well, got a Shimano Sienna for $5, I'll take it!  ;)

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2192 on: Jan 05, 2018, 01:45 PM »
We'll see if it works. Picked up a Striker Ice hat, some Maki plastics, and an Eskimo anchor drill adapter for $3 w/ free shipping.

I just received the anchor adapter today (guessing the other items will arrive separately). I'm glad they honored the deal given that it was promoted on social media rather than a code someone shared out and understand why they decided to honor 1 order per person. Trying to take advantage of the deal to get 10+ reels or tipups does seem excessive.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2193 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Still waiting on my overtons order conf that it’s shipped, not received yet

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2194 on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Still waiting on my overtons order conf that it’s shipped, not received yet

Only 1 order with the code will processed.  Got the email today.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2195 on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:09 PM »
That’s all I had !!

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2196 on: Jan 05, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Same here, one order made to overtons. Charged .7 cents on my card days ago. No shipping confirmation!

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2197 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Forgive me but what is all this Overtons about. Was there a great deal or something ?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2198 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Forgive me but what is all this Overtons about. Was there a great deal or something ?

They had a code for $25 off a $25 purchase. You're probably not missing much. They cancelled my wife's order of two tip ups, saying they're out of stock/not available, but still are selling them on the website. :-/

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2199 on: Jan 06, 2018, 04:29 AM »
Overton's has 20% off with free shipping with code icefish. Thinking of getting a jet sled to mount to my Smitty....but they would probably cancel the order..... :)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2200 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:55 AM »
you don't know if you don't try.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2201 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Brother ordered a striker climate coat for $127, thought that was a great deal!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2202 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Brother ordered a striker climate coat for $127, thought that was a great deal!
  Sharing is caring...where at?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2203 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:19 PM »
Overton's had the coat. It's $159 now.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2204 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:20 PM »
Yeah it was Overtons with the 20% coupon code stacked on top. Ended up being 135 with WI sales tax.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2205 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:51 PM »
Yeah it was Overtons with the 20% coupon code stacked on top. Ended up being 135 with WI sales tax.
Nice, thanks! 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2206 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:44 AM »
That is a smoking deal on the Striker Ice Climate Jacket.  I own 2 of them now, and they are unbelievable. 

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2207 on: Jan 07, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Those Cabela Auger bags are great for storing mid size pop up hubs. My eskimo fits in there rather easily compared to the provided eskimo carry bag. When it is colder than your ex wife's heart.  The quick pack up will be advantageous.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline FishingPhotographer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2208 on: Jan 07, 2018, 08:08 AM »
10% off $75 or more at FishUsa. Today only.
I should’ve chosen Fishin’Mortician as my username… ;-)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2209 on: Jan 07, 2018, 09:09 AM »
10% off $75 or more at FishUsa. Today only.

Was just going to say that..  also will add they carry nils blades..  so if they still have a few that's 10%off on a nils blade..  if you can't find one cheap nows a good time to get one..

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2210 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:57 AM »
So the cost of a new nils head is almost the cost of an entire auger. Wow....??

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2211 on: Jan 07, 2018, 11:18 AM »
So the cost of a new nils head is almost the cost of an entire auger. Wow....??

Yup that's why I switch to a 7 inch  mora auger I converted to laser blades.. hole is almost same size as a nils 8..   you can fit pike,walleye , larger fish threw it .. the mora is diffently made differently then the 7 and 8 inch laser..  but with the adaptor it cuts similar to a 4, 5 ,or 6 inch laser the 4.5, 6 ,and 8 inch nil..  all cut same just different presure or force used to cut with it per the size used .. the 7 and 8 inch laser augers don't punch threw as well as the nils..  cause they got ice breaking bars on them with they bite/cut threw ice  like it should.. but puch threw early cause of the angle the balades are set at and the bite the blade take threw ice..  cause they bite in so well which causes those bars hang up and at the last 3 to four inches of hole..  at that point auger won't turn at all .. so I went to a 7 mora with laser blade the blade cost $7.5 to sharpen and $20 to $40 to replace .. the cost to sharpen the nils is price of replacement of laser blades..  but I do have a off set handle on my mora auger like the nils.. my auger is basically a hodge podge of good auger parts..  that cuts really well and blades cheap.. for that reason the nils is touchy and expensive I don't think there company will last long but will see.. cause people have a hard time finding correct parts to Hoge podge together a great auger which make easier to sell nils. If you use my auger next to a nils they cut same..

Offline FishingPhotographer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2212 on: Jan 07, 2018, 11:23 AM »
That is a smoking deal on the Striker Ice Climate Jacket.  I own 2 of them now, and they are unbelievable. 

Do these run true to size, big, or small? I’m 6’2 240.
I should’ve chosen Fishin’Mortician as my username… ;-)

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #2213 on: Jan 07, 2018, 11:30 AM »
Do these run true to size, big, or small? I’m 6’2 240.

I'm the same size and my Striker Ice Predator 2XL Tall is a perfect fit.

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2214 on: Jan 07, 2018, 12:32 PM »
baffin titan mens 7 $33.29

just bought a pair for my GF.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191853155222

these were delivered as described. good fit. honkin boots.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2215 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:50 AM »
We need to make this thread a pin or sticky were it's easier to find.. lol's

Any how here's a deal they sent me a email about today..

$220 for a shappell 6500.

https://m.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/shappell-wide-house-6500-4-person-ice-fishing-shelter-16sppuwdhs6500xxxfic/16sppuwdhs6500xxxfic?camp=EML:FS_PRM:01082018_01082018_FS_e Comm_OneDayDeals:Body_IceFishingShelter&customerkey=34034272-16&mcid=24678338

Vex fl8 with genz blue box $289.99 reg price is $330

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Vexilar-FL8-SE-Genz-Pack

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2216 on: Jan 08, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Amazon has one of these with free shipping for prime for $499, same price at Walmart but $79 shipping charge there. I bought one as a back up for when I am in a hurry and the ice isn't exactly truck worthy and don't feel like hooking the atv trailer, but rather a quick after work fishing trip. From what I've seen it should do fine pulling a smitty sled.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Powersports-196cc-CT200U-Powered/dp/B0170U3U5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1513347901&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+mini+bike

Just an update on my experience with this. After receiving this promptly, but in completely torn box, I realized Amazon doesn't include the carrying racks. No biggie, and after a quick chat they gave me an extra $100 off so I felt pretty good about it.

By the way it is $499 shipped again today but I would highly discourage against it for anything else than summer fun riding.

This last Saturday I took it out and had a hell of a time starting it. Took me 20-30 minutes just to get it going (it was about 6 degrees out but still). It had a very tough time pulling a smitty sled. It would slip and the clutch would either force to drive full speed or nothing. I suppose if I added chains or screws into the tire it would have worked better on ice but it seemed like chains would be touch as it was pretty tight in the frame. I really didn't want to drill into the brand new tire. On the way from the lake the starter pull rope handle snapped into two parts on me but started better. It was also very heavy trying to get it into the truck.

I chatted with Amazon and decided that I would rather return it. They are picking it up today. They made me repackage it so I went out to Menards and bought a bunch of moving boxes and created a monstrosity of a box, hopefully it will not rip apart before they load it on a UPS truck.

At this point I am not sure what to get for a reliable small mode of transportation. Snowdog or a small Irbis snowmobile are both quite more expensive and still relatively bulky. I am hoping the ice auger cart comes to market soon. I would love to have something that would fit in the back of my small pickup or on a carrier rack, without hauling out a full size 4wheeler or snowmobile on a trailer.

Incidentally it is $499 shipped again today. I do not recommend this for anything more than summer fun riding though.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2217 on: Jan 08, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Just an update on my experience with this. After receiving this promptly, but in completely torn box, I realized Amazon doesn't include the carrying racks. No biggie, and after a quick chat they gave me an extra $100 off so I felt pretty good about it.

By the way it is $499 shipped again today but I would highly discourage against it for anything else than summer fun riding.

This last Saturday I took it out and had a hell of a time starting it. Took me 20-30 minutes just to get it going (it was about 6 degrees out but still). It had a very tough time pulling a smitty sled. It would slip and the clutch would either force to drive full speed or nothing. I suppose if I added chains or screws into the tire it would have worked better on ice but it seemed like chains would be touch as it was pretty tight in the frame. I really didn't want to drill into the brand new tire. On the way from the lake the starter pull rope handle snapped into two parts on me but started better. It was also very heavy trying to get it into the truck.

I chatted with Amazon and decided that I would rather return it. They are picking it up today. They made me repackage it so I went out to Menards and bought a bunch of moving boxes and created a monstrosity of a box, hopefully it will not rip apart before they load it on a UPS truck.

At this point I am not sure what to get for a reliable small mode of transportation. Snowdog or a small Irbis snowmobile are both quite more expensive and still relatively bulky. I am hoping the ice auger cart comes to market soon. I would love to have something that would fit in the back of my small pickup or on a carrier rack, without hauling out a full size 4wheeler or snowmobile on a trailer.

Incidentally it is $499 shipped again today. I do not recommend this for anything more than summer fun riding though.

Maybe a 3 wheeler??  Got to remember this year there is more snow it was predicted to be and there is a problem traveling threw snow with any wheels on a vehicle.. that's why I suggest looking on craigs list and face books listing page  for snowmobiles.. they handle snow way better then wheeled atvs and some time you can find them cheap.. like $400 but there used..  also I would not drive them further then you can walk back just a heads up.. just suggestions to look when spring get here for snow mobiles or even summer cause no ones useing them and font want store them so they let them go cheap.. now is time to sell cause we got snow.. so think about that before you by at a higher price..

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2218 on: Jan 08, 2018, 01:14 PM »

Maybe a 3 wheeler??  Got to remember this year there is more snow it was predicted to be and there is a problem traveling threw snow with any wheels on a vehicle.. that's why I suggest looking on craigs list and face books listing page  for snowmobiles.. they handle snow way better then wheeled atvs and some time you can find them cheap.. like $400 but there used..  also I would not drive them further then you can walk back just a heads up.. just suggestions to look when spring get here for snow mobiles or even summer cause no ones useing them and font want store them so they let them go cheap.. now is time to sell cause we got snow.. so think about that before you by at a higher price..

A classical Honda 3 seems still way large. Also in my part of MN there is basically no snow on the ice, the wind took it all away....snowmobile is way large.......I could certainly get either of those or even atv for less than a new snowdog but the issue for me is hauling it all out there......I do have a tilt trailer and can use both ATV and snowmobile but they are a pain for me to load, unload, travel with. I want something quick for after work.....I was really hoping this bike would have worked....

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2219 on: Jan 08, 2018, 01:28 PM »
sorry to here that. my ice minibike rips.i did put ice racing ice screws in the tires tho.i made sure to jet mine for cold weather and it starts 2nd pull on choke.i can do almost 30 on ice but no need too.will pull 2 tandem shanties easily too.mine is a baja warrior..screws make the difference because I could do wheelies on the ice.4 inches of snow no problem on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.