Author Topic: LAST WEEKEND?  (Read 8583 times)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: LAST WEEKEND?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:16 AM »
Can I add "loggers" to the list?

You can!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:36 AM »
March is usually good for me. I hope you are not in South Korea.
Nope - sitting in the Calgary airport waiting to fly home... at least for now... holding out slim hopes for a final trip...

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Nope - sitting in the Calgary airport waiting to fly home... at least for now... holding out slim hopes for a final trip...

Pouring here right now doesn't look good.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 14, 2020, 03:17 PM »
Hoping to make a run on Tuesday - forecast is snow... but if I can find ice I will... snow is better than rain.

If not, work may slow way down if the sports don't come back... so I'll focus on a better spring than it was a winter... (though my guess it will all come back with a vengeance and there will be tons to do in a shortened schedule).

Good luck to those finishing up the season strong - and to those transitioning to the soft water.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Mar 14, 2020, 05:21 PM »
Way more ice out there than I figured
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 14, 2020, 05:28 PM »
North country is still holding strong for ice! It’s not over yet....

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #66 on: Mar 15, 2020, 11:52 PM »
Way more ice out there than I figured
i went yesterday and had 10 inches ..3 weeks off plenty of time to fish
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 16, 2020, 05:47 AM »
i went yesterday and had 10 inches ..3 weeks off plenty of time to fish
That's awesome, no better place to be during this s**tshow than on the ice for the next 3 weeks..
....... but I thought you were putting the boat in the water Saturday?
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #68 on: Mar 16, 2020, 05:56 AM »
That's awesome, no better place to be during this s**tshow than on the ice for the next 3 weeks..
....... but I thought you were putting the boat in the water Saturday?
i was but since I came back up to the lakes region due to no school we went to check some ice and there is still a ton..all this time off allows me to slowly get ready for open and ice fish at the same time
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline BIBBILL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Mar 16, 2020, 03:43 PM »
My final trip for the season ended up being great. Planned to target Rainbows but a buddy wanted to return somewhere we went once with little rewards for our effort. On another note pleasantly surprised with how well the shore held up and. I went to a different location on this lake than I tried last time and it really paid off. I was able to land 2 browns a 14.5" and a 16". These were also my first browns I've ever caught so it was a fantastic way to end the year!
"Commitment issues like a pressured crappie"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 16, 2020, 04:09 PM »
My final trip for the season ended up being great. Planned to target Rainbows but a buddy wanted to return somewhere we went once with little rewards for our effort. On another note pleasantly surprised with how well the shore held up and. I went to a different location on this lake than I tried last time and it really paid off. I was able to land 2 browns a 14.5" and a 16". These were also my first browns I've ever caught so it was a fantastic way to end the year!

Nice browns congrats. Nice way to end the year. I caught one 14" bow on 9" of ice this morning I'm still out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.