Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Tip down project

(1/4) > >>

waterfowl_warrior09:
So after watching beeler and wyo ice' project , I finally started. Shack is 6'3" square inside, actual footprint is 6'6" square. Shed roof style, peaj on trailer side is 6'10 down to 6'6". Starting to come together pretty good now. Used 1.5x1.5 studs and rafters, 2x4 base with half in ply. Using tin roofing as exterior, seems about lightest I could find and couldn't beat the price(free). Almost everything has been either scrounged up or bartered for been pretty cheap. I'd say all together into I have less than a hundo. Used half in plexi for Windows, made one a pivot window for venting, also gonna leave rafters tails open for venting. Probably will end up adding a few more vents to be sure. Got a hook up on sprayfoam so will end up doing 3" in base (r-31) and about 1.5-2" in walls and lid(about r-21). Didn't get any treated wood because foam we use is waterproof once an inch thick according to NCFI, hopefully is should work out haha. At this point it's just add a few more pieces of tin, paint then attaching it to trailer base. Before foaming I can still move it real easy by hand. I'll keep yas posted, and I welcome all insight criticism s haha. First permy build, always looking for advice!!

mr.clean:
Looks great so far , remember to run any electrical system before spray foaming interior of the shanty. Looking forward to more photos as your build moves forward toward completion.
Steve

Modified 55:
If I were alittle further north I would build a tip down. Just hate to have something that nice and not be able to have on the ice ever couple of weeks. Keep up the great work.

Beeler:
Looks good! The metal sheeting will make it stiff and the spray foam will keep it warm. I would still glue and screw some corner braces. What are you going to do about taillights? Good for you to get fired up to build a shack in the middle of summer!

osiris:
are u adding any shelves or a bench or using portable chairs how about leds for lighting? looks good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version