Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

I Finally Started My"Tip Down" Shanty...

(1/5) > >>

Wyoming_Ice:
I have been kicking this build around for a couple of years now. I have finally started the shanty.
First of all I would like to Thank Beeler for his build a few years ago. I have studied his thread for several hours over the last years. His awesome build is the inspiration for my tip down build.
Thank you again Sir !!!

Okay, here I go...
The shanty is 6' X 7'. It's base is 2"x 4" pressure treated. With 1/2" plywood on top. 1 1/2" and 2" board insulation to fill the gap between plywood and the ice.
1 1/2" X 1 1/2" Studs with 1 1/2" board insulation in between them for strength.

The windows are double pane Lexan. The two side windows will pivot out for ventilation.

This is a start. I have more photos and will post them soon.       :tipup:

Wyo Ice

Wyoming_Ice:
I forgot to post pictures of the trailer that will be attached  to the shanty. It is a small flatbed that I picked up from a friend. Thanks TR Fishing !!!
I need to extend the tongue and weld some gussets on it.  It will be roughed up and painted as well.

It will be worked on as soon as I finish the shanty.     :tipup:

Wyo Ice

Beeler:
Looks Good Wyoming! ....The last few seasons I used a Shappell Bay Runner, not as nice as the "Tip Down". Thinking about building another one this fall. Not much I would change on my design. I still would use the boat shrink wrap for the outside of the shanty, (it's free).
Keep posting pictures.  :clap:

Beeler

English:
I will be following your progress. I've been thinking about one of these for two winters and need to get with it. My old shanty is falling apart and it's time for a new one. 

Old Goat:
good start I agree Beeler makes a nice ice shanty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version