The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: I guess she’s sung  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I guess she’s sung
« on: Apr 06, 2019, 06:05 PM »
 :( I’m done for the season in southern Maine. Tried casting towards the ice edge and then a few rivers and streams. Great big skunk. Spring sucks  :P

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I guess she’s sung
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2019, 07:47 PM »
:( I’m done for the season in southern Maine. Tried casting towards the ice edge and then a few rivers and streams. Great big skunk. Spring sucks  :P

This makes me glad I don't live in southern Maine. April ice is my favorite fishing. There's still over 2 feet here.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2019, 03:16 AM »
Not even close to done. My auger was buried in 3’ of ice a couple days ago. Enjoy it while it lasts...

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2019, 08:02 AM »
there’s still lots of ice on the ponds.  I checked several lakes and ponds in the Poland/gray area yesterday but couldn’t get on the ice from shore (without trespassing). I love ice fishing, but not prepared to plank my way to the ice and hope I can get back later.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Done here. Tried this morning very bad ice. Saw a few bass boats out in a couple places. Getting mine ready and will put launce it in a couple days when the rain ends.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Not even close to done. My auger was buried in 3’ of ice a couple days ago. Enjoy it while it lasts...
same here. will be awhile until we have enough open water to fish.

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Traveled north yesterday, 3 feet of ice but the top 6 inches we're breaking up pretty bad, any one still going be careful and watch out for areas where people have taken off their shacks and large holes that have opened up from old drilled holes, I saw them both yesterday, I did catch a few nice fish but am done for the season.

Be safe
Bait goes on the hook... hook goes in the water...smelt is in the water...OUR SMELT!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.