Author Topic: Saskatoon Pond  (Read 814 times)

Offline FishMongru

• IceShanty Rookie
Saskatoon Pond
« on: Dec 29, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Hey all, been reading this forum for awhile and just signed up. I figure I will give a report on Saskatoon Pond. Was out there Xmas Eve for the first ice fishing adventure of the year. Lots of nice stocked rainbows in there, but they seem to bite earlier in the day and slow rite down in the afternoon. There up near the top of the hole and loving the yellow jig heads with the hair and some trout bait.

Then Boxing day headed up to Camp lake, hoping to find one of those big rainbows in there. Caught lots of perch and rainbow, but nothing better than a good shore lunch. Best part was my cuz from ottawa was in and we got to pop his ice fishing cherry! Fun times.

Oh, if anyone goes to Saskatoon Pond, we created a fisherman snowman about 8' tall with a line going into a hole. So if anyone is out there see if our pal still exists and check his line! lol

grumpymoe

Re: Saskatoon Pond
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Welcome to Iceshanty and the Manitoba board FishMongru.....lots of great people here....and dont forget to sign up for the online tournament....Grump

Offline rnr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Saskatoon Pond
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Welcome to Iceshanty and the Manitoba board FishMongru.....lots of great people here....and dont forget to sign up for the online tournament....Grump
Hey grump what is this online tournament ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.