Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: NE Iowa  (Read 1422 times)

Offline mzellner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Zeeman1
NE Iowa
« on: Jan 05, 2005, 10:03 AM »
http://Checking any reports for Lake Volga ?  Been fishing Manchester area and had moderate luck.  Bullheads!!!!! and had medium gills last night.  All in all it's better than a day at work.  Later Zeeman ;D ;D ;D

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
Re: NE Iowa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Where you catchin' them Bullheads at? I sure could go for some good cold water Bullhead fillets. If it ain't to big of a secret let know. please.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Where you catchin' them Bullheads at? I sure could go for some good cold water Bullhead fillets. If it ain't to big of a secret let know. please.

I was catching nice bullheads at Silver Lake (worth Co), put them back tho, I was huntin for the perch myself.  Kept catching them on dead minnows, both the bullheads and perch that is.  The bull heads were actually nice, beefy guys.  My Grandpa would have loved to have a pail full of em... Not sure if that's too far for you to travel, takes me an hour to get there, but it's all about the fishin...

Offline 1coldchemist

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater fanatic!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I caught a bullhead through the ice at the Manchester city pond just the other day.  Decent fish, not huge but he had a lot of meat on him.  A guy there told me they caught lots of them there through the ice last year.  Caught him on a spoon tipped with a couple waxworms.  Thought he was a nice crappie,  oh well ;D
mmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . ice

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2005, 06:02 AM »
mzellner, THanks for the information. I may just have to take a road trip on up there and try for some of them there nice ole' bull heads. Thanks again.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.