New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Honeoye Lake  (Read 20667 times)

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Honeoye Lake
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2013, 04:51 PM »
I heard dan is alive just too sick to run the shop

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:26 PM »
More detialed information on Bait Shops near Honeoye Lake:

The Outdoor Store
6550 Route 5 & 20
Bloomfield, NY 14469
(585) 657-7412

Tell'Em Where You Got it Shop
11431 South Lackawana St (Rt 21 South)
Wayland, NY 14572
Phone: (585) 728-2328

Also, keep your eyes open for bait for sale on the ice near the public boat launch on weekends (Fri-Sun).

You can order wax worms and spikes though Interent suppliers too.  Does anyone have an Internet supplier that they would recomend?

Thanks!

JA-DA BAIT www.jadabait.net good prices and Free shipping! ;)

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline Walleyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:48 PM »
JA-DA BAIT www.jadabait.net good prices and Free shipping! ;)

howesfc,

Thanks for the recommendation!
Walleyeman

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2013, 06:38 PM »
I heard dan is alive just too sick to run the shop
Well that's awesome if he is. Why is the shop shut down though. 2 years ago somebody else ran it for a while I remember cause he was sick then as well
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Fished tonight from 3pm - 630pm. Fished at the ice minefield opisite side from the south launch. Bite was horrid again. Nothing on tip-ups, and a few gills and a rock bass jigging. Talked to a couple of IS'ers out there and no one was having much luck.

Offline namkcolmeh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2013, 03:20 PM »
I hope that Dan  is still with us. Great guy, had some good conversations with him. Prayers for him and his family.
Life is short, I got plenty time to sleep when I die!

Offline hombregato

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Us Ice Shanty Rookies have to have 5 posts before the world opens to us.  I just moved up from Long Island and the Spud did not contact Ice on Lake Ronkonoma.  I would like to fish Honeoye this week 2/9 or 2/10 since the recent freeze if someone has a spud report for me.  I will send a report out if I go out

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Hi noob.  You have two choices on Honeoye Lake.  From the south end boat launch straight accross or to the north perhaps a quarter mile (as far as the first point on the east side).  The ice is 3 in. or better.  There will be people in both areas when you get there. Take their advice on where it's not safe.  The other safe area is off Trident Marine, about 1 mile south of the north end on the east side.  You can park there.  Go straight out or north.  Going south toward Log Cabin Point may not be safe, yet.  Don't be the first person to go there.  Good luck.

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:49 PM »
Us Ice Shanty Rookies have to have 5 posts before the world opens to us.  I just moved up from Long Island and the Spud did not contact Ice on Lake Ronkonoma.  I would like to fish Honeoye this week 2/9 or 2/10 since the recent freeze if someone has a spud report for me.  I will send a report out if I go out

Its 3 post not 5 .  :tipup:

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
Honeoye?
« Reply #69 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:28 PM »
Anyone know if it is still okay to park at Trident Marine? Any info would be great.  Thanks!  :tipup:
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
Re: Honeoye?
« Reply #70 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:37 PM »
yes you can still park there
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Thanks! Always trying to be respectful...Much appreciated Beershanty.
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline rickblatner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 08, 2013, 01:54 PM »
Anyone fishing Honeoye this weekend?

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:51 PM »
I plan on fishing the south end of Honeoye tomorrow morning. Not sure of the ice conditions north of the launch though. I would like to get to the deeper water about 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile north.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
Re: Re: Honeoye Lake
« Reply #74 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Lost the biggest perch I've ever hooked at honeoye after I got it out off the hole. He got off the hook and got back in the hole somehow. I about cried, but oh well
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #75 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Ahhh...the one that got away.  ::)

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I'll be there in the morning, along with jigandgig and spoonfeeder. Looks as if we will have to get the poop on this site instead of reports and cond. just like the NHL, LOCKOUT. whatever. Guys that are whining about what the ice conditions need to have an interest about being on the said ice instead of making noise about what is posted where. I'm sure some will get my drift on what is being said here. Any how I'm chasing eyes in the am see you all on the hard water. Stay on top and stay safe.

Offline fellinonce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Is the kids clinic still on for tommorrow? I agree the r+c board got pretty stupid, but bad time to lock it down! Clinic, tourney, and a storm, conditions would be nice. 
Tap, Tap,.. Cross his eyes!

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow heading towards the middle around Log Cabin in my Old Blue Genz Trap!  Ice sounds good but gonna be interesting weather conditions...good luck!  :tipup:

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:58 PM »
Agreed, snow on the ice NEW ice, thin spots here and there, we will just keep an eye on each other until the lock out is lifted. If you don't walk it (ice that is) don't talk it. Stay on top and stay safe. See you all on the ice. Most know where we are.

Offline coolhand_luke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 09, 2013, 07:12 AM »
Can't agree with you more Crzyeyevan.  I have shifted to this site a well for she scoop, at least for the time being.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:24 AM »
It did get a little stupid there and needed to be locked for a bit. Anyway, can't get there 'till Monday, good luck this weekend guys.Here is what we got last Thurs.

Offline NYJigger72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Headed out in the am around 6:30 from trident if anyone wants too meet up. We will have to clams one single and one double. See you there. Stay safe.

Offline hombregato

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Feb 17, 2013, 09:04 AM »
Fished Honeoye 2/17/13 and it was sunny most of the day.  The ice was 4 inches.  We went out at Trident and fished deep water by the brown roof.  Our crew caught a couple of Perch on minnows.  Had a little Blue Gill action along East lake road, mostly grunts.  The day was mostly a wash. Watch out at the Trident boat ramp as the ice was broken on the way in and we exited on a neighbors property

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:17 PM »
Fished Honeoye 2/17/13 and it was sunny most of the day.  The ice was 4 inches.  We went out at Trident and fished deep water by the brown roof.  Our crew caught a couple of Perch on minnows.  Had a little Blue Gill action along East lake road, mostly grunts.  The day was mostly a wash. Watch out at the Trident boat ramp as the ice was broken on the way in and we exited on a neighbors property

same story as yesterday (sat). guess the cold night never locked it up.

Offline packer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Could anyone tell me if grubs have been productive for perch or do I need to bring minnows ?

Offline bunnyasassyn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Could anyone tell me if grubs have been productive for perch or do I need to bring minnows ?
I have been doing pretty decent with a small jig loaded with 4 or 5 spikes. I did have one nice frenzy on a small rapala tipped with waxies. Did have some luck on the arctic warriors with fatheads Saturday afternoon, but mostly i just jig around with spikes till i find fish. Good luck!

Offline packer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Thanks alot for the info hopefully i can give it a try this weekend depending on ice conditions

Offline fishman11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:28 PM »
is there walleye in honeoye?  and where is a good area to go near the state launch?
jig pull fillet eat

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #89 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:55 PM »
There are lots of walleye in Hnoeoye.  With the weed issues that past coulpe years, the only game in town is to find them in the open structureless basin of the lake.  This is one of the hardest lakes to catch walleye in because they are very well fed. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.