The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Favorite Trout Rods?  (Read 868 times)

Offline CaptHoss

• IceShanty Rookie
Favorite Trout Rods?
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Looking at getting a few new rods this season and was wondering what everyones' favorite trout rods are?  I've been fishing a 26" ML cheap Clam rod and really cheap UL around 22" for the last couple years and like them but want something with some more refined actions and for different situations.  Definitely going to try out a few of the Mojo Ice series rods from St. Croix but want one or two specialty rods.  A nice progressive action to keep big fish pinned on small trebles and light wire hooks would definitely be something I'm looking for but could still handle some of the big 2.5+ pound fish we find in our lakes out here.
The ice is always safe. The question is, are you?

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Favorite Trout Rods?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 08:15 PM »
I picked up a couple Berkeley amped rods last year that worked well for trout, perch and salmon.

Offline MNpup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Della Bay's "15 for 2" is a great ML trout rod. Super sensitive, nice parabolic bend to keep fish pinned and i like the length. Also enjoyed using the "Lamp Lighter" on larger trout for similar reasons.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2020, 10:38 PM »
the Clam deadmeat rods are nice for a visual bite, but for a feel bite I like DH perch pounder.

Offline GrizzFire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:11 PM »
A little late, but for targeting smaller trout I love the fight on my 13 Fishing Thermo Ice L and for bigger fish I use my 13 Fishing Code Blue in Medium. Both are also not gonna break the bank. I think the Code Blue is 30 bucks for a combo and the Thermo Ice Combo is 25

Offline CaptHoss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Cool Thanks guys!
The ice is always safe. The question is, are you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.