Author Topic: New K-Drill  (Read 2832 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New K-Drill
« on: Nov 16, 2017, 11:25 AM »
Well it finally got here. Cant wait to put it work.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New K-Drill
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Congrats! Hope you get a lot of good use our if it. Let us know how it drills for you.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Thank You and will do. I used a friends at the end of last season. It worked good. I have also used a drill with a 5 inch lazer. I did not care for the lazer binding up at the bottom, just before break through. Did not have that with the K-drill.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2017, 10:50 AM »
You should be plenty happy with that! What still are you running with it? Should be a beast on Illinois ice

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Milwaukee M-18 Fuel #2703-22
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Awesome. great combo

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2017, 08:36 PM »
Congrats Creel, have yet to see a K-drill in action.

I've been working on the hole break through on the Lazer, trying different things, yep it sucks.

Come on ice----this has to be a good year, we are due.
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Milwaukee M-18 Fuel #2703-22

hmm, never had my lazer bind up with my Fuel, cuts like butter.

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2017, 09:31 PM »
You're going to love it.  HND bought one last year and it was amazing.  I told him I wish my StrikeLite would hurry up and die so I can buy one like his. ;D

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:48 PM »
I was running a 5" lazer for the last few years and went to the 6" K-drill last season.  It's lighter and cuts smoother for sure.  Not really sure it cuts any faster than the lazer really, but it sure is easy to carry!  I'm running it off of a DeWalt 20 Volt using their 60 volt flex batteries and I'm not exactly sure how many holes it will cut on a single battery charge because I have to yet to kill a battery on a single outing.  I know I've but probably 30 holes on a single charge at least once though (about 11" of ice).   One of the biggest differences is that you can go right over a previously frozen over hole and slice right through without binding the auger.  That alone has saved me from drilling alot of holes.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:15 AM »
what's the best price you guys are seeing on K Drills?  I'm seeing Marine General @ $189 free shipping for the 6".  Seems pretty good.  Maybe Santa will deliver me one this year.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2017, 09:53 AM »
check that.  FISH USA has 15% off augers today.   $169.99 out the door.......
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2017, 10:01 AM »
check that.  FISH USA has 15% off augers today.   $169.99 out the door.......

AUGER15
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Well it has been a bit. I want to report the 6 inch K-Drill worked and worked well. Popped 15 holes in 12 inches of ice, first time out and it still showed full charge. Was as i remembered my buddy's from last year. Smooth, pretty quick, and effortless. Next time out only popped 4 holes. Same result. Except we landed on the crappie right away and did not have to scout for them. Oh and i did not put the drills handle on. It did not twist out of my hand. But i was careful with it. So over all. I would say it is a keeper.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.