The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Kzoo area  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Jibby

• IceShanty Rookie
Kzoo area
« on: Dec 21, 2022, 01:45 PM »
Anyone been out on any of the lakes in portage or kzoo? It’s been pretty cold the last few days, I’d like to get out tomorrow before the snowpocalypse hits, as long as there’s a few inches of ice.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Kzoo area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2022, 02:05 PM »
Anyone been out on any of the lakes in portage or kzoo? It’s been pretty cold the last few days, I’d like to get out tomorrow before the snowpocalypse hits, as long as there’s a few inches of ice.

Far as I've been hearing...no ice as of yet. Snow and wind that's coming isn't going to help. Probably gonna be the 1st before we can get on.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2022, 09:14 PM »
Spooky thin skim at most around what little I checked in the BC area, Waubascon lake, north of BC, usually starts early but didn't get over that way. 10" -12" of snow isn't good, as is the 40 - 50mph winds along with it. They're talking 40*+ and rain this time next week, ice killer. Too iffy for this old timer for awhile

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2022, 07:47 AM »
Spooky thin skim at most around what little I checked in the BC area, Waubascon lake, north of BC, usually starts early but didn't get over that way. 10" -12" of snow isn't good, as is the 40 - 50mph winds along with it. They're talking 40*+ and rain this time next week, ice killer. Too iffy for this old timer for awhile

Our saving grace is the fact there is no ice, considering the amount of snow we're supposed to get. Then Sunday through Wednesday it's supposed to get down right cold, so that "should" get some fishable ice on some of the easier freezing lakes. Then we have to hope the rain isn't too significant. Lot of "if's"...but there is a chance.  :-\

Offline Jibby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2022, 04:06 PM »
I’m gonna hit Long Lake in portage tomorrow on the south side by the boat launch. If I’m able to get out I’ll post ice conditions. Anybody been out there by chance to see what it looks like?

Offline Jibby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2022, 01:11 PM »
Went out from the boat launch today about noon. Looked like a few others had been out already. Only got out to about 3 fow and fished for a little bit. No fish. Ice was 3-4 inches, but only 1-2 was good clear ice. Little sketchy.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:49 AM »
Got out yesterday over by Delton. 2" at best. Yeah I'm a little guy  ;D. Couldn't get out as far as we needed to. Didn't mark very many and the ones that came in weren't interested. Only ended up with 4 Gills between us. Maybe next year.   ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.