The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: eskimo fuel grommet sealant  (Read 3452 times)

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
eskimo fuel grommet sealant
« on: Dec 10, 2016, 01:21 PM »
I already posted this in the auger subforum but thought someone here may know...thanks

Last night I did the first fill on my auger (purchased in 2010) and the fuel line grommet must have dried out and began to leak all over my basement floor.  I ordered a replacement from Eskimo but it could take weeks to arrive.

Is there a good temporary product that I can put over that seal to stop fuel from leaking so I can use the auger until I replace the grommet and fuel line?

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: eskimo fuel grommet sealant
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Have a local NAPA store? They have a couple kinds of sealant and may even have the grommet and fuel line.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:37 PM »
Try SEALALL,its made for fuel,ace hardware
Dont ask

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2016, 03:12 PM »
thanks guys, I think I managed to find something...Permatex gasket maker (gasoline safe).  It doesn't dry hard so I can cut it when my replacement parts arrive

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:26 AM »
I had that problem, lived with it for a season, just never filled the tank above the grommet and layed the auger on the exhaust side instead of the handle. Finally the silly tank design with the nuts encased in plastic gave out and I had to replace the tank, new line and grommet was ordered at that time as well

Offline hooker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:41 AM »
Eskimo has new tank design that has no grommets, was fairly inexpensive but easy to replace. If u order the new one u will be much happier than trying to seal the one with grommets.

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Well the Permatex stuff worked and I made a mess of it...starts out like toothpaste but after a few minutes it's quite fluid.  The grommet, line, and filter are on their way from Eskimo since I didn't know they had a replacement tank system...a phone call probably would have solved this.

Offline Montana Cheddarhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:54 PM »
I just had the same problem with my Eskimo auger.  I called customer service and they hooked me up with a new tank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.