The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice up-date chart  (Read 7457 times)

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
Re: Ice up-date chart
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Ive switched it over to "waterfowl mode" for the next couple months,you can GPS my freezer and get quads for this guy...

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:21 AM »
CORNBREAD RULES! Go to this site. I'm sure, like me this will end up as a saved link on your favorites.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArS0US9mIvixdDFFNDRqc2s3Q2N2VzlfWV9IZ09UX3c

Offline BigSkyEyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Nice - Good work Cornbread!

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Awesome CB. Will def keep that updated!

;D

MTA

Offline b-fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:49 PM »
now thats a cool tool

Offline Batanga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Sorry. But ice fishing shouldn't be that complicated.   Either go see for yourself or check the threads here or in the reports and conditions section

Can't find the "Reports and Conditions" section.  I'm logged in and all that...did they move it from last year?  Any help finding this section would be great!  Thanks guys...

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Can't find the "Reports and Conditions" section.  I'm logged in and all that...did they move it from last year?  Any help finding this section would be great!  Thanks guys...

You need 5 posts to unlock it.  You're almost there.
  BE THERE!

Offline Batanga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Thanks!  Didn't know this...only 2 more posts to go :)

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:12 PM »
I just added the ice thickness for Beavertail Pond. The ice was 3" around MOST of the pond. Beavertail has several warm springs feedin it, so there are a few spots thinner than 3".

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days

Offline jh179380

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:36 PM »
How was the fishing?

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2011, 07:08 PM »

Offline Cochise66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2011, 01:40 PM »
My compliments Cornbread.  This will be a great resource through first ice to last ice in the spring.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 09, 2011, 01:29 PM »
One question CB,is Helena valley the reg res or lake helena?

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:01 PM »
listed is the regulating res up past the golf course.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:18 PM »
So lake Helena isnt on the list?

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:41 PM »
So lake Helena isnt on the list?

Ask for it to be added to the Montana Fishing Reports And Conditions page and I'm sure some one will put it on the the ice conditions report if you post up how much ice there is.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline montanahardwater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 10, 2011, 10:11 AM »
It is now added as Helena, Lake

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 10, 2011, 12:37 PM »
awsome ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline icing_perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:36 PM »
Not sure who updates the chart but checked out Wadsworth this afternoon, found 4-5 inches by the first parking areas you come to.  A guy that went around the lake as far as you can drive said the same thing.  With it getting thinner as you go.  If you head out make sure and check the ice as you go.  I was out there a few years ago and found 5-7 inches for first 100 yards or so then all of a sudden had about 2 so be careful out there.  I did manage 3 little stocked trout in the little under 2 hours that I was out.  2 on swedish pimple with part of a crawler and one on a ice jig and maggots.  Had 5-6 bites total while there.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Not sure who updates the chart but checked out Wadsworth this afternoon, found 4-5 inches by the first parking areas you come to.  A guy that went around the lake as far as you can drive said the same thing.  With it getting thinner as you go.  If you head out make sure and check the ice as you go.  I was out there a few years ago and found 5-7 inches for first 100 yards or so then all of a sudden had about 2 so be careful out there.  I did manage 3 little stocked trout in the little under 2 hours that I was out.  2 on swedish pimple with part of a crawler and one on a ice jig and maggots.  Had 5-6 bites total while there.

Anyone can update the chart. just put in the depth of ice in inches for the appropriate week. If you have a value greater than one shown update the upper bound e.g. if 2" - 5" is shown and you found it to be 7" three days later update the value to read 2" - 7" for that week. If you have a value lower than the one shown update the lower bound. If only one value is shown and you have a value greater or less than it update the value to be a bounds style e.g. if it reads 7" and you found 9" update it to read 7" - 9". If you want to add more than just a number right click on the cell and insert a comment. All cells with the little colored triangle in the upper right corner have comments in them. Just hover over the little triangle to see the comments others have left or to review your own comment.

Offline eyesntightlines

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beer on the ice is always nice!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:00 PM »
This is awesome to have, very cool Cornbread! I will help update the chart as the season gets going for me. Thanks again for the chart man! ;D

Offline AndyMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 11, 2011, 11:00 AM »
This is a really great tool.  Way to go guys

Bullelk34

« Reply #52 on: Dec 11, 2011, 03:26 PM »
I just updated it for Nevada Creek Reservoir. I wonder if we could make a new thread with the spreadsheet link and lock it? That way you wouldn't need to scroll through posts, just click on the link.

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Slow for you today Carl?? 

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 11, 2011, 11:01 PM »
I just bookmarked the page. Easy to get to now

Bullelk34

« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Slow for you today Carl??
Yes, slow!!!!!! but at least we were on the ice  ;D

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:23 AM »
I am ending up spending quite a bit of time now fixing all the weird things people are doing with the sheet e.g. filtering it so you can only see the lakes they want to look at etc. When you make any change to that sheet everyone else sees whatever changes you make including sorting and filtering changes so the next guy that comes in only sees a few lakes so he enters in the lakes that are missing not realizing they are already in there etc. It makes a giant mess, so if you are one of the folks filtering the data please unfilter it when you are done looking at it so I don't have to do so much cleanup each morning. I know there is a learning curve to using spreadsheets as a public document like this so I will keep allowing anonymous users to make edits like we do now but if it starts getting out of hand we will have to make it by login only so that we can control who can make edits. I really don't want to do that though because I think less people will use it if we force them to login to edit it so please when you make changes other than just entering in ice thickness or comments, please undo your changes before you close the document.

And FWIW, Upper and Lower Stillwater lakes are in Flathead county. Lincoln county along US-93 doesn't start until just above Blue Lake. If you want to see an interactive map of Flathead county you can use the county GIS groups map of it to help you see what is in that county: http://maps.flathead.mt.gov/ims/default.aspx

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Cornbread,

Lock the cells that they need not have access to so it stays up and runing with little changes and work on your end. I  really like this as we can get the info without searching each post. good job.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 12, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Cornbread,

Lock the cells that they need not have access to so it stays up and runing with little changes and work on your end. I  really like this as we can get the info without searching each post. good job.

Unfortunately Google Docs only lets me lock at the sheet level not the cell level or I would be all over that idea for sure. There are tons of requests to Google to implement that but so far as far down as it goes is sheet level locking.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 13, 2011, 12:07 AM »
I just noticed that Nelson Reservoir is no longer on the list.  Someone must have removed it.  By the way, thanks Cornbread.  This is a great resource.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.