The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: East Fork Perch Derby  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: East Fork Perch Derby
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Yep me to Green eskimo flip shack III white dodge pickup 2500 (lots of mud on it) pullin a trailer witha 4x4 wheeler
BBJ

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:41 PM »
well someone stole my 12 foot ramps but i'm still heading out anyway red/black dodge dually with blue and yellow sled don't be shy say hello
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Da jigger
I'm at the trails end motel ( sounds bad)pack ur sleeping bag. Cell is 366 3942. I like in hobson biuy not braving roads leave a message and give ya partculars
BBJ

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Wow what a day. How did everyone do that went we ended up with 86 perch and 14.96 pounds not enough to place but close.
BBJ

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Thanks for the offer wish i'd caught it earlier, maybe next year we can all pitch in on a place or i'll bring a camper up. We ended up at the B and B motel , don't stay at that place. Amongst other reasons they did not plow there driveway and we had to dig are way out this morning, took 40 min. Again Thank You.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline CLUB 32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2010, 10:07 PM »
86 perch and almost 16 lbs...thats pretty good.  We had a terrible day, the wind collapsed our shack repeatedly, I don't know if you saw it but it was the big red eskimo shack out in the middle, it had to have been quite a sight.  Spent more time messing with it than we did fishing.  As the day progressed we realized we were lagging so we packed up and headed home.  It was a pretty big disappointment.
Below the radar.  Under the glass.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Anyone know what weight won it? I thought about going but tried somewhere else to avoid the crowd. Were there tons of people or did the weather keep them away?

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Da jigger I saw that parking lot it was a mess. I live by stanford I cancled the room when they cut it to a one day.

19 some pounds won it. About 80 teams.

I was disapointed also I generaly catch my 100 there. I know a lot of guys had problems with the wind. I saw some tie theirs to 4 wheelers and snowmobiles.
BBJ

Offline cjwalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Winning weight was 19.98lb, 2nd place was 19.96lbs.  We ended up with 100 fish and 17.06lbs and took 6th place, no "big ones" but ended up with $200, so can't complain.  the top 3 teams, were the top 3 last year as well just in a different order.   Kinda bummed that the 2nd day got cancelled, but had fun watching football!

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:30 PM »
teams that finished 2nd and 3rd were actually the winning team last year and there wasn't even a half pound difference between 3rd and first, 3rd being 19.66. It was a bummer the second day was cancelled.  >:(
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 26, 2010, 03:11 PM »
It was disapointing about 2nd day
my partner didn't do so hot caught 6 fish I caught 45 but not near enough to carry him
also ended up with two frostbit fingers and a broken icehouse.
dam wind picked my frabill trekker up with my partner inside and flopped it over and blew him about 10 feet
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:45 PM »
Does the fishing go down hill after the derby?  That seems like a lot of fish to be taken out of that little lake.

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:46 PM »
Heck no. There is pike and perch in there and very few pike. They do this derby to thin the numbers down. When the started this thing a perch .5 was a good fish. I have seen several 1 to 1.5 lb fish since. My first year we had a 100 fish and only weighed in at 11 lbs

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Very few pike.  On Sat. I saw 3 of them on the camera.  One was a pig.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Good to know. I guess you thin some out to make more food for the rest

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Just sitting here thinking of tournements and this one in particular is a great one. Lots of fish and a good turn out, with 100% PAY BACK. These guys and DAVE put the work in it for the LOVE of fishing what a bunch of GOOD guys. Also would like to thank Walleyes Unlimited for there donation, and Dons sporting goods. These two chipped in a $1000.00 a piece. 

Thank you
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I was going to head up there this weekend.  Does anyone know how it is fishing?  What is the best place to setup, near the dam or closer to shore?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Fabucci,
I usaly fish the dam side by the outlet,I have done well on both ends.
BBJ

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Thanks.  Do just jig with minnows?  Any strategy would help.  I have fished, but never for perch.  I am looking forward to it.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I have had my best luck with orange jigs and maggotts and perch eyes once you catch one.  usually fish right on bottom to 2 ft above bottom. I have a bunch of the cheap bulk jigs from sportsmans so they dont really have a name.  anything orange seems to work for me.  I have had luck on a silver swedish pimple too.  I usually fish twards the middle of the lake.  I head out from the boat ramp and start a 1/4 of the way out  then move twards the middle until i find them.  seems like they have been in 20 fow but that was a few weeks ago.  once you find them there are tons of them.  i think you just need to find the right depth 

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Thanks so much for the information.  I am looking to head up there Saturday.  I will give a report when I get back.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:33 AM »
you bet.  might head up there one day this weekend might see ya around.  I drive a white dodge diesel and have a yellow lab for a fishing partner.  if ya see me stop by and say hello

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I drive a green F-150 and will most likely have a wife and a terrier mutt for fishing partners this weekend.

Do you find yourself moving around alot or do you just sit in one place?  Do you want to find them and then sit?

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Once I find them I usually stay there. I have a camera and found that once you find them you're into them all day. They just might not bite all day. Seems like they bite pretty slow from 11 to 1 then pick back up.

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Thanks for the information.  If I don't see you, good luck.

Brian

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Feb 06, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Did you make it up there today? If so howd you do? Might head up before the game.

Offline butter spoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2010, 07:27 PM »
went out last weekend. we had the green jeep on the ice, only car out there and plenty of ice to drive on. whats up with that? everyone pulled sleds and what not out on the ice and we just drove until we thought we found a good spot. no one came near us at all! 120 perch for saturday and sunday i was stoked

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 12, 2010, 12:39 AM »
heading up on saturday.  what were ya catching them on?

Offline Eye.Deprived

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Feb 13, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I was up there and  used a hali and pop it off the bottom and let it rest for a bit as close to the bottom as you can get it catch one and use his eyes for bait and you are in the money

Offline Fabucci

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I did not make it up last weekend.  The weather kind of scared me off of driving 3 hours up there.

I will be there this Sunday, rain snow or sleet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.