Author Topic: CJ Strike ice???  (Read 6408 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Re: CJ Strike ice???
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:38 PM »
My daughter and I have gotten into some really nice 12" crappie just inside cove arm from the boat. Got into some bass last year too. I think it only hits like a little over 20' of water in the middle. But there are lots of rocks and weeds in closer to the bank, within 40yds or so all the way around.

Next cold spell I'm gonna have to check it out w/ the flasher.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2011, 07:02 PM »
After this week im guessing that most ice will melt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:34 PM »
today was the first time i went on the ice out there and got nothing

Seems like you were the last one there, how about a report on the ice conditions?
Keep your gun powder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

Offline mhfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2011, 08:32 PM »
It was about 6" of slick wet ice with no snow at crane falls.  cove arm you wouldn't want to walk on the edges, it was real weak, but in away from the edges it was about 6" too.  With this warm temps the next couple weeks I am just going to take the next few weeks off the ice till we get freezing again, even little camas was slushed over and messy.

Offline Zolar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Was there last Thurs, Ice about 3 in in the Narrows.  A few brave souls with life jackets were out there.  It's been too warm and we need some more cold weather. I decided to fish the dam. I left with a skunky smell.

Offline jezzhuntin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:35 AM »
A few brave souls with life jackets were out there. 

Brave?  Chit that sounds stupid.  ain't no ice I am going on that I feel I need a life jacket.  Stupid is stupid does...  Be nice if we could back down into the freezing temps, been an odd year for ice fishing thus far.

Offline VistaPawn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:48 AM »
Was there Sunday 1/15/17 in 0 to 4 degrees (cold!). 12+ inches in Brunuea arm. Can get in on Jacks Creek road, no grade. 2/3 way across lake to edge of old channel (see topo map). Caught 25 perch and couple 14" trout. Nice size perch - all keepers. Watch in cameras, liking the wax worms (pet shop) over the cut worms. Half on the jigs, half on the beadhead droppers. Cross fingers the ice holds for this Saturday! In a black ice cube - names Dave, stop by and say hi.  ::)

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #37 on: Jan 19, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Thanks for the report on CJ, was going to go up last weekend but decided not to go, I'm shooting for next Friday and Sat. planning on bringing my sled up sounds like the ice is in good shape. I haven't been down Jacks Creek road for a number of years, is there a place where I guy can turn around with a trailer behind, thanks for any info.

Offline StrikeMojo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2017, 12:08 PM »
You should be good to turn around at any one of 3 or 4 places near the lake down Jacks Creek road.
Tight Lines,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.