Author Topic: Under Armour.....Is it worth it?  (Read 2894 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Under Armour.....Is it worth it?
« on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:59 AM »
I thought I saw a post around here somewhere on under armour but I have yet to fid it again. I have been looking at this stuff for a season or two now and was wondering if anyone else has them and if they are worth the coin..

If you have them do you have the loose gear or tight gear? 

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Ken                                          

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Under Armour.....Is it worth it?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2006, 08:36 AM »
I thought I saw a post around here somewhere on under armour but I have yet to fid it again. I have been looking at this stuff for a season or two now and was wondering if anyone else has them and if they are worth the coin..

If you have them do you have the loose gear or tight gear? 

i guess it depends on your style? i personally use the tight stuff, it feels alot lighter and doesnt shift during the day and just my preference :-\ :tipup:

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2006, 10:26 PM »
I have a few sets. I like the heat gear bottoms and the loose gear tops. I seem to keep my upper body warmer with several loose fitting layers.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I have a few sets. I like the heat gear bottoms and the loose gear tops. I seem to keep my upper body warmer with several loose fitting layers.

yeah, the loose layers provide better circulation and with good blood flow means good heat being sent around the body by the heart, but if you move or sweat alot, the tight fitting stuff is better because its better at wicking the moisture away, wich prevents it from freezing and making you even colder, plus even if you do sit still in the tight stuff, the seams are so that they dont really restrict blood flow, so your good either way :tipup:

ps, you wear heat gear in the winter? heat gear keeps you cool, cold gear keeps you warm :tipup:

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2006, 10:52 PM »
I have a set of the tight fitting Under Armor and it's one of the best things I've bought for ice fishing.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2006, 08:24 AM »
I took the plunge last night, and orderd a set of uncer armour cold gear, along with a pair of there cold gear boot socks. Convinced the wife it would make a great x-mas gift

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2006, 10:12 PM »
yeah, the loose layers provide better circulation and with good blood flow means good heat being sent around the body by the heart, but if you move or sweat alot, the tight fitting stuff is better because its better at wicking the moisture away, wich prevents it from freezing and making you even colder, plus even if you do sit still in the tight stuff, the seams are so that they dont really restrict blood flow, so your good either way :tipup:

ps, you wear heat gear in the winter? heat gear keeps you cool, cold gear keeps you warm :tipup:

yeah you are correct. My bottoms are cold gear, the tight fitting ones, and tops are loose gear.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2006, 02:40 PM »
I am sure the tight ones are awesome but if you have a lot of body hair... they are very uncomfortable... I don't care for my tight U armor shirt

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Time for a wax there reuben.   :o     ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.