New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle  (Read 3880 times)

Offline icefreak55

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 3rd Year Apprentice
Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:35 PM »
So the last couple years ...no matter what I did my coffee would not stay hot ... Last night I was pissed when I got home about it and did a little research ... Found out that all you have to do is call them .. give them the info off the the bottom of your thermos .... Got a new one coming today  :thumbsup:

It was very easy ....

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/about-us/contact-us
   ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:22 PM »
I did the same thing a couple months ago. Realized it had a lifetime warranty, and the bracket holding the handle came un-welded. They sent me a brand new one.  Zip-tied the handle and Now I have 2.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2013, 03:13 PM »
Neighbor just bought his first thermos. told me it said it would keep hot things hot and cold things cold. I asked what he had in it.  He said, a cup of soup and a Popsicle...

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Hey Stormy back in 1977 when I started construction I used the glass lined thermos's. Broke a few. Decided to get a stainless steel one. My father in-law picked one up for me in Binghamton. It was called  UNO- VAC. I still use it to this day. And I still have to put 2 cups of cold water in it before I put the hot water in it to make my tea, so I can drink it at break time.
 But that's a thing of the past for the most part, since I retired last spring.
 We need to meet up on Oneida when it freezes up again.
 This is kc from ff.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:46 PM »
well, they would not give me a new one. they said mine was made in 1979 and the warranty does not cover WEAR & TEAR. can you believe that? they gave me a discount code that never expires so here you go guys"CONDISCOUNTS". they said it is good for 25% off when you shop on their website. enjoy.

HIMO
                                                         Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Noticed mine wasn't keeping the coffee hot during deer season.  Gave it the boiling water test today at 0900.  Cold at 1700. Just called, new one on the way--purchased in '83.  Thanks for the reminder.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Good to know, never knewnthat they'd replace them.  A company with integrity, I like that

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:51 PM »
I've been having the same problem with mine.  Just filled out their "claims" form through e-mail.  Will see what they say.  I loved the thing when it worked last season.  Don't know what happened from last year to this year.  It looks perfect on the outside.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:54 PM »
Mine doesn't keep things hot anymore either, I am going to see if they'll get a new one coming in my direction.  Thanks in advance for letting me know about this, hopefully I'll be successful
Mark it 8 dude

Offline tundra1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2013, 06:01 PM »
 ;D only one to buy!!!!!use mine daily for years.
just not enough time    <*)((><     >*)(((((((((>< 

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2013, 07:59 PM »
We bought 2 of the smaller 16 ounce ones not too long ago . They look like a mini version of the classic design without the handle .

Last week the bride and I were going hiking and I made hot chocolate to take . I preheated with boiling water for 10 minutes and made the chocolate with boiling water .

It was a forty degree day and I left it in the truck till we got back .

Long story short we got back to the truck 4 hours later and it was stone cold .

I havent used this but a couple of times and it never has been worth a crap .

Anybody else have this issue with these 16 ouncers ?

Any idea what the heck could possibly be wrong with an almost new thermos other than its made in china ?

I'm going to call the 800 number but if they are all junk these days whats the point .  >:(

Offline slabspanker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • i sell wood and wood products
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:34 AM »
i purchased mine @ Wally world and it would not keep anything warm for more than an hour. Emailed customer service, and they sent me a brand new one. This one works awesome. Sold the other @ a garage sale.
wood is good

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:48 AM »
Just got one for x mas and it keeps my coffee pipeing hot for at least 8 hours

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:33 PM »
just called them one made in 1991, the other 1995 they said under warty. two new ones in ten days !!!!!! ;D :clap:
retired let the fishing begin

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:35 PM »
this company is gonna go under due to this thread.... LMAO
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:46 PM »
just want to say mine were made inUSA!!!! NOT CHINA!!!  ;)2

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2013, 08:51 PM »
just want to say mine were made inUSA!!!! NOT CHINA!!!  ;)2

Yeah well your new ones are going to have an egg roll in them .

The 16 ozers Ive got are import and while they will replace them , I'm not confidant that the replacements will be any better than the ones that are being replaced .

Our Global Economy is awesome .  ::)

Offline mike thebutcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2013, 09:21 AM »
If they wont replace it heres a tip I picked up and it works great.  Grab a can of spray foam insulation and at the bottom edge  drill a hole the exact size of the fill tube and at the top of the neck/edge of the thermos drill an 1/8" hole.  Then slowly fill with foam from the bottom until it just starts coming out the top.  Using the minimal expansion is your best bet.  I used this tip and to say it works great is an understatement.  Keeps stuff hot from at least 12-16 hrs. 

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2013, 09:34 PM »
If they wont replace it heres a tip I picked up and it works great.  Grab a can of spray foam insulation and at the bottom edge  drill a hole the exact size of the fill tube and at the top of the neck/edge of the thermos drill an 1/8" hole.  Then slowly fill with foam from the bottom until it just starts coming out the top.  Using the minimal expansion is your best bet.  I used this tip and to say it works great is an understatement.  Keeps stuff hot from at least 12-16 hrs.

At the bottom edge from the side or up from the very bottom ? If that makes sense .

Sounds like a good fix and if they wont replace it theres nothing to lose at this point because it is pretty much useless anyways .

Thanks for the tip .  :tipup:

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I have had a thermos now for 5 years and will never buy another brand. It's a Nissan. Listen, I made coffee to test it out, piping hot, put in thermos, set thermos outside in the winter overnight and all of the following next day, opened it up, still steaming. This thing is incredible

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:48 AM »

Thought I'd try this on my old Stanley for something to do last week.  No one ever mentions the powdered charcoal packed in the vacuum chamber.  Can't put foam in till it's removed and it's about impossible to get it out.  When it does come out, it's like a powdered graphite explosion.  Screw that, spend your time better and put the cost of the foam toward a new Nissan.  In my experience the foam also needs to be exposed to air for proper curing or it stays in a liquid state, won't cure properly or does so inconsistently.  Not saying it can't be done or won't work but heads up and good luck if you endeavor to try.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:52 AM »
this company is gonna go under due to this thread.... LMAO
Hopefully not before I get mine replaced!
Mark it 8 dude

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2013, 08:42 AM »
the real problem is when pmi started manufacturing them...off to china, unfortunately like everything else.. :-\....if you have an older one, still made by alladdin, you got the best. made in USA.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2013, 09:17 AM »
bump
Gator Nation

Offline mike thebutcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Mine didnt have the powdered charcoal in it sorry bout that.  however the foam one works better than any thermos I have ever had.  just my 2 cents

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Had my doubts but the new one showed up today.  Gonna give it workout this week.  Weighs about half what the old one did, but if it works as designed, that's a good thing.  No complaints from me, after 29 years.........geez.   Thanks Stanley.

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #26 on: Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Neighbor just bought his first thermos. told me it said it would keep hot things hot and cold things cold. I asked what he had in it.  He said, a cup of soup and a Popsicle...
budumbump good one  ;D

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 28, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Got mine today a half gal and a quart one. made in china, but I will try them . my first ones made in 1991. thanks stanley !!!!

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 28, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Thanks Icefreak would have never known this. I have a 94 and they are sending one, on its way.   I did the test the other day with hot chocolate with my boy. Put hot water in, let set for 5 min then put the hot chocolate and with in I would say 3 to 4 hours cold chocolate :-\
Well I hope the new one works
Gator Nation

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 09, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Only took about a 5 minute phone conversation.  I Got my replacement thermos today  (about a week and a half after the phone call).  Great customer service.
Mark it 8 dude

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.