Author Topic: Shorelunch Kit  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shorelunch Kit
« on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Keith Sutton, a wonderful outdoor writer who has written books, written for ESPN, etc., posted a favorable review about this product. I haven't seen one in person but it does look convenient. I'm not endorsing it  but maybe someone has one and can chime in.

From Keith, "If you enjoy cooking a shore lunch or camp meal, check out www.bigzacs.com. You might want to put their Shore Lunch Sac on the list of Christmas gifts you want. It's the coolest new product I've seen this year, with everything you need for outdoor cooking/eating in one great package. I just got one myself and love it."

www.bigzacs.com
http://www.bigzacs.com/prototype.html

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shorelunch Kit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Looks more like a travelling stove kit, but cool non-the-less.  Nothing better than a shore lunch, I already have a slick kit I carry which is more about the food than the heat, just add fish.
Tight lines

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:50 PM »
In my neck of the woods we carry a grill from an old barbecue or a stainless rack from a fridge or stove in our boats and in our ice fishing sleds. Set over your fire you can place pots or pans on it or cook directly on it. Indispensible!!

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2011, 03:31 PM »
looks spiffy, but at a weight of 40lbs...  ouch, that'll keep ya hunched over for a bit.

Offline Quantrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waugh!! I have the hair of the BEAR in me!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Even on a NO bite day....a good shore lunch makes it all worth while :tipup:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Offline mojofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Looks very British - does the unit come equipped with a Sherpa to lug it around?  Very pretty unity anyway. 

On my lake we cook and have fires on the ice and sometimes cook on them.  We take a small old firepit (or a Weber Smokey Joe) and place it atop of a slightly larger size piece of plywood.  We cover the plywood with snow so when the heat of the fire melts the snow it melts on the plywood and insulated the ice below it.  If there is enough snow, we make a ice/snow bench around it.  Good way to warm up and defrost a frozen beer.  And we keep a bottle of chilled wine around for any wives who show up. 
It's Better to Beg for Forgiveness than to Ask for Permission

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2011, 09:09 AM »
To much clean up later on with that things.  I like to use paper when frying fish on the shore, then eat with paper towels and fingers, other wise sandwiches and hot thermos' with soup and hot drinks on the ice for me.

Offline potatomansoup

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Follow the code of the Fish Nerds...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Yikes
Looks like more work than is needed...
I'll stick with my coleman stove, if I need a fire I'll use some rocks make a circle and add sticks.
Still a cool idea, but too complicated for my needs.
For free fishy fun, check out the Fish Nerds Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2011, 02:16 PM »
and no eating and running....you would have to let that stuff cool down some, or i guess a quick soak would do that.  but yeah, I'll stick with precooking stuff at home, and re heating on my coleman propane stove.  Ive got stackable cookware, so If im reheating lots of stuff, I still only need two burners, but usually chili and brats.

Offline toecutter81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:20 AM »
That does look cool, but since we have a hard sided hut we cheat and have a stove in it. The kit looks very compact and suspect it would work great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.