Author Topic: ice spikes to the d-rings on front of jacket  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
ice spikes to the d-rings on front of jacket
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to connect ice spikes to the d-rings on a the front of a Striker Ice jacket?   Looking for a something that will hold the spikes to the d-ring but allow you to pull it away from the jacket when needed..if you break thru the ice.

Thanks
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: ice spikes to the d-rings on front of jacket
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2017, 10:53 PM »
what about adding a metal eye bolt to the top of each one and then use a length of one wrap velcro. this will rip away if pulled hard enough, just make sure it's only one wrap and not more than one. you can tear this stuff with your fingers, but it will be strong enough to hold it in place. try it and see what you think. i would want the ones that have the points retracted tho.

i don't worry about spikes wearing a float suit. i just use my elbows and back and kick to get more of me on ice and then bend the knees and roll away from the hole.

this works best for float suits in my opinion and i have used this method. the suit wants to keep you on your back so why fight it and make it harder to get out.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ice spikes to the d-rings on front of jacket
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:00 PM »
This is just my thinking but I keep mine in/on my bibs.

There are lot of days when my coat rides in my sled on the way out/in so I don't overheat or hangs on my auger in the ice while I'm hole hopping/tending tip ups. My bibs are always on but my coat is not.

Just a thought.

J-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.