Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607414 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22740 on: Feb 28, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Good evening another day of light rain . I believe the next few days will see lower temperatures so the snow/slush mixture at lake might freeze and make for easier travel.
Eddie hope you had a good morning fishing trip and were able to bring home some fish for a fry.
Raquettedacker thank you sharing about fishers attacking porcupines i wondered what might have killed the one in Whopper Stopper's photo.
Ice Wanderer may you get a day with light or no wind this week and be able to get out fishing. Safe travels to your wife and happy Birthday wishes for your MIL . I agree allow some businesses may allow employees to continue working from home once this pandemic end provide productivity numbers stay high and save on costs associated with running an office.
Old goat if you get in another ice fishing trip before the season ends in your area may you avoid the skunk and bring home some fish.
Hunts2long may the headache be over for you. Glad you had a nice breakfast with Lindsay. have a safe trip to NYC.
Icefisher-45 happy to read your wife is doing well. May Mr.Dickens and the new kitten get along with each other.
capt.Jim good to see a post from you happy for the two of you that the sale of NJ. home is complete and you received the final check. Best to your DIL with her college studies. TRY and keep up with your grand children and enjoy the time spent with them.
Whopper Stopper thank you for all the WI. sturgeon spearing season reports. Sorry to hear the increased ice fishing activity at lakes in your area made you decide to sit out this season.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations on the fish. thank you for sharing the photos. Ditto whopper Stopper's words about your plan coming together.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22741 on: Mar 01, 2021, 02:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Time to flip the calendar again...welcome to March!  :tipup:
  Windy and raining here this am, 34*, gusts expected in the 40mph range today, high of 41.

Steve...I was pleasantly surprised with the ice conditions yesterday. Like you mentioned, the warmer temps and rain knocked the snow/slush down and it locked back up making for a very easy drag.  :thumbsup:  The fishing was terrible, but the conditions were good!  ;D
  Marv...many thanks for sharing the sturgeon season with us, really enjoyed that!  :clap: :bow:  Glad you had a good outing at the shack snowshoeing, now I know what takes out the porcupines other than vehicles!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  FH4... thanks for sharing the pictures and congrats on the fishing!  :clap:  Best wishes getting the loans paid off...you’re on a good track!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...CONGRATULATIO NS on the house, it’s been a long wait for you!!  Great job to you and your wife with the grandchildren, safe travels to come with the NJ trips.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45... congrats on your new addition to the family, hope Mr.Dickens and the new kitty get along well...best wishes!   :clap:
  Bud...hope everything is working out well with your new roommate!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...saw a couple of skunks out last week on my ride into work...must be close to Twitterpating season again!   ;D 
  H2...hope the lanes treated you and the team well last night!  :thumbsup:  Not familiar with Fill or Bust...will have to google that one.  ;D
  Jeff...safe travels to your wife, and very Happy Birthday wishes sent to her Mom!!  :clap: :bow:  Good day to take the day off on the ice today, winds are cooking this morning and expected to get stronger as the day goes on...best of luck this week!   :thumbsup:
  OG...hope your fishing trip produced yesterday!   :thumbsup:

I decided to stay close to home and try my local lake yesterday in case the conditions were real bad. Was the first one in the parking area and figured that was a bad sign, lol. Couldn’t believe how good the ice conditions actually turned out to be after this past weeks weather though, it was almost like glare ice and very easy dragging.
  Made it out to one of my spots in 35’ water and drilled a few holes, couldn’t find any perch. Searched for a little while, nothing. Went in a little shallower and started drilling again, snapped off one of the wing bolts that hold the auger on the drill extension...Doh!  :%$#!: Didn’t lose the auger, but unfortunately didn’t have a replacement with me either. Went back and fished the other holes for about another hour, lost the only hit I had....caught the kitty!
  Oh well, crap happens they say, lol. It was a learning experience....ordering up 2 replacements to have one on hand at all times.  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22742 on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 38* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie........We were going to go until I saw the radar and read your report, so I guess I'll stay home. :%$#!:
                          Dom.........I also didn't know that Fishers attacked porcupines, thanks for that bit of information. :thumbsup:
                          Capt.J......It's been a long wait to get things finalized on the sale of your house, congratulations. :clap: Safe travels on your trip
                 to NJ and back. :flex:
                          Marv........Thank you for the Sturgeon reports, I enjoyed them very much. :thumbsup: :bow:
                          I-45.........Getting a new kitten isalways fun and I hope Mr. Dickens accepts it with an open heart. :thumbsup:
                          Bud..........Getting a new roommate can be trying at times, I hope all works out. :flex:
                          Fish..........Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure with us. :clap:
                          Wally........It looks like a rough week ahead weather wise, it doesn't look like I'll get out till Thursday. :%$#!:
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22743 on: Mar 01, 2021, 04:54 AM »
Happy Birthday  Mr TomTurkey.....,
🎉🎂🎈   👍👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22744 on: Mar 01, 2021, 05:09 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

16 heading 22 later today. Another dusting of snow overnight, but a nice warm spell starting tomorrow with mid 40's for the rest of the week and even talk of a 50 ???

Happy Birthday to the Twins......Dom and TT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Eddie....sorry your ice time didn't produce. Certainly happy you didn't lose the auger :thumbsup:  May you and the crew have a safe and productive week :thumbsup:

IW.... Please send your m-i-l a Happy Birthday from MN  :clap: :clap:

WW.... It doesn't sound promising weather wise for a fishing trip :%$#!:

h2l.... Will be looking for a good bowling report :thumbsup:

I have a few things I would like to do this week but need some snow to disappear first. So with that a day in the garage is in order.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22745 on: Mar 01, 2021, 05:59 AM »
Morning All.....

20° at the house, 13° in town & 17° here at work. Heading for a high of 38°.

Another week of the old "slave to the grind" starts today & it's looking like a busy one. At least I have a 3 day weekend at the end of this one instead of a 2 day weekend. Those 2 day weekends go by way to fast.

Time to finish this coffee & get to work. Hope everyone has a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22746 on: Mar 01, 2021, 06:17 AM »
Morning all,

TT/Raquette.......Happy Birthday to you both  :thumbsup: :clap:  enjoy your day  ;)2

WS.....thanks for sharing the season with us, I am totally fascinated by the whole subject  :whistle:

Eddie.....sorry the striped kitty found you yesterday  :(  glad you didn't lose your auger  :o

IW.....some crazy wind forecast for this week  :%$#!:  guess it will help get rid of any remaining snow/slush  :-\

FH4.....congrats on the fish   :bow:    good luck with the loan payoffs  :thumbsup:

CapJ.....glad to hear the sale is finally complete  :clap:   enjoy every exhausting minute with the grandbabies  :thumbsup:

IF45.....congrats on the newest addition  :woot:

Raining outside my window now, 40* and breezy. High wind warnings of wind gusts in the 60mph range along with wind chills of 10-20 below zero from 1:00 this afternoon until 10:00 tomorrow morning  :blink: :cookoo:   

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22747 on: Mar 01, 2021, 06:48 AM »
358 and raining. Heading for 2* tonight, welcome to March.
Happy Birthday to Raq, and TT.
WS, looks like they had a great season this year.
F/H, thanks for the fishing update.
Eddie, glad the conditions were good, sorry the bite was off. Big 3 day contest on the lake this coming weekend. Season is about over.
We went into bowling last night in 3rd place, 3 points out of 1st. We bowled the 2nd place team and took 3 of 4. That moved us into 2nd only 1 point back. Five weeks to go.
Going to be a cold start for the city on Tuesday morning but it looks like a sunny day.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22748 on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:02 AM »
Thanks for the  birthday wishes from my twin, Raquettdacker!  You too Marv.

Nothing planed for the day other than going to get my license plates renewed so I do not have to pay a penalty. I have to use a kiosk at a grocery store as it is impossible to get into an office to get them.

No ice fishing on our lake as they turned on the pumps that keep the water up as the lake level is low. There are a lot of mad ice fishers as our pike season does not end until the 15th of March.

Porkies are destructive to timber as the eat the  bark off of the upper limbs of trees. I almost lost permission on a big piece of property as I told the owner that I could not find anything to kill one with when I was fishing the stream on the property. I stopped at the deceased owners nephew's a while back as he had inherited all of his uncles properties. I still can fish and hunt it except for deer as he has relatives that hunt deer on it. Too bad I can not hunt the deer as there was a lot of buck sign on it when I walked in on it. The property has changed a lot since I started trapping it 50 years ago. Like my property it is fully wooded now. It was nothing but sand blows back then.

Capt J I had some friends move to Tennessee. The used a Budget rental to move. It took three trips to get every thing moved. He had to get moved as he had to find work down there. He found with all of the restrictions here had made it to hard to find work.

WW Thanks for the birthday wishes as well! There is a butterfly exhibit  at a place in Gr. I will have  to see if I can find a link. They have butterflies from all over the world. You can actually walk among them, having them land n you. The pace was started by the founder of a huge grocery chain. The GR area is privlegded to have a few people that have given back to the community. The founders of Amway have also given a lot back also.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22749 on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:07 AM »
Broadcasting live from the shop,
Happy Birthday Tom and Dom!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22750 on: Mar 01, 2021, 12:02 PM »
Happy Birthday Tom Turkey and Raquettdacker

iW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22751 on: Mar 01, 2021, 12:17 PM »
Happy birthday to and raq have a great day today.

Well back at the grind and looks like one day off this weekend before back in the air unless some loads are not done and will have to work Saturday for a bit. But makes a travel day pay the government really well with a 7th day pay day. Looks like Temps are supposed to be around 50 towards the end of the week sounds like one lake is opening up and seen an open spot on the lake I fished this weekend still plenty of ice on this lake for a bit but the other lake might be boat season when I am off the work thing towards April the walleye might be good to go at that time will see how it goes and hopefully have the greenhouse done. Going with a hard structure this go round to hopefully stop the wind and weather from tearing anything. Have a good week.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22752 on: Mar 01, 2021, 01:26 PM »
Oh yeah, no pun intended.....2 birds with one cake ?  Happy B-day T Turkey, Dom.
Capt-Jim if I haven't typed it before I'm betting having the house sale all complete is a real relief.

bluebird skies again, hardly a breeze, lots of the snow cover should be a distant memory soon.

Checked out an Antique Mall/Gallery, could be the place to move a lot of my china.  Might have to wait a little until a space opens up.  :unsure:

Stopped in, and see there were a lot of shoppers, and not just browsing, but loading up shopping carts.

Good to hear, more vaccine is about to find arms, and get this virus whipped.

take care all stay safe.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22753 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:17 PM »
Good evening the wind has arrived here in my section of NY. it will feel like 9 degrees tomorrow morning with the wind chill. Prayers for all in Kentucky and West Virginia who are dealing with flooding after a few days of heavy rain.
happy Birthday greeting and wishes sent to Tom Turkey and Raquettedacker hope both of you gentlemen had nice days.
Eddie good to read travel on the ice was easier on Sunday thanks to the rain and recent warmer temperatures. Glad you did not loose your auger when the bolt snapped.
Ice Wanderer looking at weather forecast appears most of the week will be windy  hopefully there will be one calm day so you can get in a fishing trip.
Whopper Stopper hope you do not have to many projects to do once the snow melts out your way.
SpitzoMT may your work week not get to hectic.
Wallyworld may you not see any problems from the strong winds.  May Mr.WW and his fellow firemen not be called out during the sub-zero wind chill.
TomTurkey may you have your license plates renewed. The seasons for  Northern Pike,Walleye and Chain Pickerel here in NY. also ends on March 15 TH.
Fish/hunt4evr may you find a green house that will stand up to the high winds that are common in the Rocky Mountain states. Have a good work week enjoy the time with your family before you are traveling once more for work.
IFF good to read you might have found a place to sell your china collection.

Stay safe and keep healthy.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22754 on: Mar 02, 2021, 02:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The WNW winds are still howling this am, 25-35mph steady gusts 40-50.   Snow showers and 7* this am, high of 22 today. Things are supposed to settle down late afternoon evening... :thumbsup:

Steve... thanks, the auger bound up slightly just as it was breaking through and snapped that bolt. Forgot all about another old Strikemaster auger I had collecting dust in my garage...ready for the ice again!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...good luck with the china, sounds like the right place with the right customers.   :thumbsup:
  FH4..hope the rest of the week goes well, will be looking forward to your greenhouse build!   :thumbsup:
  Tom/Dom....hope you fellas both enjoyed your day yesterday!!   :clap:
  H2...congrats on the bowling, have a safe trip to the City....best wishes to your wife with today’s appointment.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I think these high winds are just Drifters way of saying hello... :whistle:  Hope there’s no problems with the power today. Any plans for a Mass trip soon?  :thumbsup:
  Spitz... hope the rest of the week goes by quickly, 3 day weekends should be mandatory, lol.  :icefish:
  Marv...the fishing was slow, but it was definitely nice getting out for a little while anyway. :thumbsup:  How did everything go with your garage project yesterday?   
  Jeff...I saw your area was going to be below freezing this am and with the high winds...stay warm!  :thumbsup:

The lights flickered a few times since I’ve been up, fingers crossed. Still cruising along on the terrazzo work, more rumors floating around about us getting shutdown end of April...have some irons in the fire should that take place and one offer to start immediately. Going to stay put and see what happens come April..that time again, Cawfee’s on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22755 on: Mar 02, 2021, 04:04 AM »
Good morning Eddie!  Good morning everyone :bow:

+20, going to squeak out a +45 later today. The snow will be on the run through next weekend from the sounds of it :clap:

Eddie.... It's always good having a backup plan :thumbsup: Yesterdays tinkering went well, I always enjoy my time time out there ;D

IW.... How much wood have you went through so far this winter ??? Enjoy your quiet time :thumbsup:

WW.... Sounds windy there.....Hang on Ma'am :thumbsup:

Bud.... Hope all goes well with the china sale :thumbsup:

TT/Dom.... Hope you guys didn't celebrate too hard last night ;D

Yesterday my old boss called, just to visit, I bet we talked for an hour. Kind of funny when I worked for him some days he didn't say anything for 3 days ???

This morning first off will be a walk and then I am going to get my saws in order for some cutting. My Sister said they would like the last 3 basswoods knocked down by the end of the week. I'm not sure what the hurry is as the new septic system is still a couple months out, but at least I will be done clearing trees, which is fine by me.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22756 on: Mar 02, 2021, 04:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 2* and very windy here on my hill, with snow showers overnight. ::)
                           Eddie.......I hope it's only a rumor that you'll be getting shut down in April. :unsure: Aren't you almost ready to retire? ???
                           Tom........ That's to bad that you lost the right to deer hunt that property. :%$#!: The association couldn't wait another 14 days to turn on the pumps. :cookoo:
                           Bud.........Good luck selling the china. :thumbsup:
                           H2l..........Safe travels to the city in this wind, there are a lot of spots on the Thruway where there is nothing to break the wind from blowing you
                vehicle around. :whistle:
                           Marv........Enjoy the Polish dinner tonight. :flex: :thumbsup:
                           Wally........Hope you escaped any power outages and Mr. WW didn't have to go out on any calls last night. :unsure:
                           Fish.........Take pictures of the grrenhose build to share as you progress with it. :flex:
                           Spitzo......When I worked  before I retired we had 3 day weekends, it was good  so I could get a lot done at home. :flex:
                           Last night around 7:20 the power went out, so I got my generator out hooked up and running. I discovered I only had 2.5 gal. in a can but a full tank
                in the generator so off to town to refill my cans. On the way we were in a whiteout condition so the drive was slow. As I was going down the hill, I ran
                in to the branches of a tree that knocked out the power, luckily no damage was done. On the way home from town I had to detour because the county sheriff
                was blocking the road. About 9;30 the power came back on. I didn't need to make the gas run but around here you never know.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.
                            I see Marv has posted while I typed. I have gone through 4 cords of wood. Thank you I will, it's just me and the weather cat.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22757 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Morning all,

H2L...hope all goes well in the city  ;)  hang on tight to that steering wheel today  :o

WS.....sounds like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods  :clap:  hope it sticks around  :-\

Eddie.....fingers crossed a shut down doesn't happen AGAIN  ::)  glad you have a plan B & C  ;)2  no plans yet on a MA trip, still trying to be careful, especially since no one at my son's is vaccinated yet and it's still unknown if we could be carriers after being vaccinated  :(

MrC.....the wind has been CRAZY here too  :pinch:  MrWW has been in and out a few times since it all began, trees & wires down all over  ::)  hope you didn't lose power

IW.....always better to have supplies and not need them than to need them and not have them   :whistle:  glad you weren't w/o power for too long  :)  that burst of snow took visibility to zero in a flash  :o

IFF....congrats on finding a great place to sell Janice's collection, I'm sure someone is waiting to give it a loving new home   :thumbsup:

TT....the butterfly house sounds beautiful  :clap:

Cold and windy this morning, wind chill is -12*  ::)  at least the little blizzard didn't last too long last night and we never lost power here   :clap: 

Online SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22758 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:26 AM »
Good Morning ER's.....

30° at the house this morning, 27° in town & 21° here at work. Forecasted to hit a whopping 42° today, which will be a heat wave for us haha.

Busy busy day here at work today, but the last two days look less hectic.

Trying out some new coffee this morning that my wife ordered off the internet. It's Banana Nut Crunch & it is delicious.

Time to get after it & get this day over with. Have a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22759 on: Mar 02, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Good day like much of the North Eastern U.S. windy here checked the weather forecast around 10AM it was 22 degrees outside then but feels like 8 degrees with the windchill. High Wind advisory in effect until 1 PM. There were around 20 thousand folks without power at one time (Monday night into Tuesday morning) in a three county area. (Orange,Ulster and Dutchess) I live in Orange county and thankfully never lost power. There is a patch of ice on roadway outside my windows melting as the day warms up thankfully so far know one leaving my complex has skidded their vehicle while driving over this patch of ice as there are cars parked on one side of the patch and my building on the other.
Eddie may your vehicle not have been buffeted around to bad by the winds on your drive to work this morning. Glad you have plans in place should your work site get shut down. Nice that you have a second auger and are able to fish.
Whopper Stopper hope all is good at your old work place and your old boss did not try to lure you back into working for him. Best to your with the tree work for your sister.
Ice Wanderer good you only lost power for two hours and now have gas in storage for your generator . Glad there is no damage to your vehicle from running into the tree branches . 
Wallyworld  smart waiting until your son and his family get vaccinated before making a visit. A big thank you to Mr.WW and all ther other first responders who go out in the hazardous weather to help others. :clap: :clap:  :bow:
SpitzoMT  may the warmer weather not effect local ice conditions on lakes so you can get another trip in before it starts to stay above freezing over night and ice conditons get bad. The coffe your wife ordered sounds like a breakfast cereal. Happy for her you like the taste.

May all in the North East not suffer any major damage from the winds. Have a good Tuesday.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22760 on: Mar 02, 2021, 01:34 PM »
4* this morning when we left at 4am. Really had to be on my toes most of the drive down, just glad there was no blowing snow. The check-up went very well. Starting to see more cars and trucks on the road. Wife also said things are looking more normal in the hospital.
Hope everyone had a good Tuesday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22761 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Got my second COVID shot yesterday.
I'm still alive and have all of my parts.  ;D
Second time for me has been easier than the first.
Had a bid of a headache and injection site soreness.
Not as sore as poke 1 though.
Guess I can go anywhere and do anything now.   :whistle:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22762 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Good evening the pavment warmed up enough today so that most of the ice patch mentioned in my post this morning melted  there is still some standing water.
Hunts2long congratulations to your wife on the good check up.  :clap: :thumbsup: Glad you had safe trips to and from NYC.
Drifter may the headache and injection site soreness pass quickly form your second Covid vaccine shot. Sadly you could still be a carrier of the virus or even contract Corona virus after receiving the shots. The Vaccine is not a magic cure. ;)2

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22763 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Well, the roof is still on and we never lost power yesterday!!   ;D   20* with very light wind this am, high of 36 today.

Steve...glad you didn’t lose power either, saw lots of trees down yesterday on my way drive home. The roads were pretty slick yesterday morning from the snow showers here, but within a 10 mile drive towards Albany nothing.  :thumbsup:
  Dave...congrats on the 2nd vaccination, glad the side effects are minimal.   :clap:  Still waiting to get mine, hopefully the Johnson & Johnson vaccination will be available...one and done.
  Spitz...banana nut crunch...sounds tasty! Hope your work day went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...smart play on your part holding off on the visit, it’s sad, but smart.  :bow:  Read the Oneida thread every day, sounds like the conditions there are almost exactly what I had on my local lake...any thoughts of giving that a try? Best of luck to you and Mr.WW if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...today looks like a good day for chasing those lakers!! Best of luck if that’s on your planner today!  :thumbsup:  Almost ready to retire...had to adjust my schedule on that as the beating I would take for going out early wasn’t permissible...looks like 2 more years, but we’ll see what happens.
  Marv...took a peak at our 10 day forecast here, see some 40’s and 50’s for next week. Hope the saws are all ready for your sisters project...be safe!   :thumbsup:

Got a group text yesterday morning from the foreman as I was leaving for work, he wouldn’t be coming in. A very large pine blew down and landed on a few of the vehicles in his driveway. His brand new Dodge truck was spared, but unfortunately his wife’s, daughter, and sons cars were not. Looking at the pictures he later sent, 2 of the vehicles may be totaled. Thankfully it was the vehicles and not the house...but a sad thing no matter how you look at it.
  Time to get ready for the Hump Day...Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22764 on: Mar 03, 2021, 04:38 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello, heading out to a local lake (Delta) in a few  :icefish:   :tipup:   :thumbsup:  Hope something's biting  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22765 on: Mar 03, 2021, 05:46 AM »
18* this morning.
WW, hope you have a good day on the ice.
Eddie, those big white pines can do a number when one comes down. I see more and more people around the lake taking them down.
Drifter, glad the second shot went better.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22766 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Good morning all :bow:

28 getting into the 40's again today. Things are getting sloppy.

Dave.... Glad to read everything is still intact :clap:

mr.clean.... The old boss always makes sure I know the door is still open.

Eddie.... 2 years will fly by in a blink. My saws are on hold for at least one more day. I need my b-i-l to pull a couple trees for me when I drop them. Unfortunately he has  Dr. appointments getting in the way so I am waiting on him.

IW....I trust you are up to your elbows in slime? :icefish:

WW.... Best of luck today :icefish:

I have an old Stihl .026 that I am going to tear apart this morning. About the only place I use it is the Gun Club and the time is getting closer to my needing to work off my dues again. I like it out there because it's very light and about perfect for brush clearing, cutting saplings, or medium trees (14"). 

But first.... time for a walk.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and stay healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22767 on: Mar 03, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Good day, blue sky ,sunshine and head to a high of near fifty degrees today. Looking at the extended forecast for my area we will be entering a period of roller coaster temperatures after today the daily highs will be in the middle to upper thirties until Monday by next Wednesday I may see sixty degrees. Looks like the ice patch I mentioned yesterday will be a concern for a while as melt water from snow collects and the freeze over night. Took a quick look at my local newspapers website before logging in here some sad news a 17 year old football player from Wallkill high school (Ulster County) died after the first day of practice. New York state public schools canceled the Fall sports season and is now having Spring football and soccer.
Eddie good road conditions improved as you headed to Albany yesterday morning . Sorry to read about the damage to your Foremen's family vehicles agree thankfully not his house. I believe many conifers do not have deep root systems making them more likely to blow over in high winds.
Wallyworld may the two of you have a good day of fishing at Delta Lake. I will check back tonight to see if you posted a report from the trip.
Whopper Stopper think many of us are headed towards "Mud Season as temperatures rise with the approach of Spring. It must be nice to know you are missed by your former employer. May your BIL's doctor not find any problems that prevent him from helping you with the tree work.  Best to you getting the chainsaw running like new so it's ready for the annual job at the gun club. Have you or your SIL heard back from sheriff's department about your carry permit renewals.
Hunts2long I've seen the damage done by large pine trees so can understand people having them removed from their properties.
Ice Wanderer hope you left early to fish with your friend Jon today and not computer or other problems that kept you from posting this morning.

May everyone have a good Wednesday stay safe and healthy. Best to all with fishing trips planed for this week.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22768 on: Mar 03, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Looks like the china will get pushed to a back burner.  Niece that watches after the brother in Olympia is in need of a car.  I bought a very well maintained, 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, from a neighbor and will drive it out to her.  It cost me $2,500 and is a lot less than repairing what she has, its only got 165,000 miles on it, and hers is at over 200K

That is after I get my second virus shot.  And not being in a hurry to fly back, will more than likely join up with the Pro Guide Nephew and get in on some fishing.  Who knows, maybe even a Halibut or two.

WW hope the Delta fish keep you busy

Dave, I think my mapping program was way off,  "One day and 10 hours" drive time from me to Yellow knife  ?? Now I know its got to be more than 1,300 miles,  Was watching some of the newer history channel about life in the NWT, but think they are further south and east of Grate Slave Lake area.

Now to find some breakfast, and my runaway coffee cup.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22769 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Looks like the china will get pushed to a back burner.  Niece that watches after the brother in Olympia is in need of a car.  I bought a very well maintained, 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, from a neighbor and will drive it out to her.  It cost me $2,500 and is a lot less than repairing what she has, its only got 165,000 miles on it, and hers is at over 200K

Dave, I think my mapping program was way off,  "One day and 10 hours" drive time from me to Yellow knife  ?? Now I know its got to be more than 1,300 miles,  Was watching some of the newer history channel about life in the NWT, but think they are further south and east of Grate Slave Lake area.

Bud....Hats off to you for picking up the Jeep for your Niece and delivering it :clap: :clap:

Dave would be more like 36 hours 2,182 miles from you. Of course if you drive like him you could probably shave off about 15 hours  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.