Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1633292 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22860 on: Mar 11, 2021, 07:02 AM »
Dom.....Balls!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22861 on: Mar 11, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....that's quite a drive, especially after the fever  :o  glad you made it safely and your niece is happy with the Jeep  :thumbsup:  enjoy your visit   ;)

WS.....condolences to you and the family on the loss of your friend  :'(   cherish your memories and let them bring you comfort and a smile  :)

Eddie....good luck this afternoon, should be absolutely beautiful out there, be safe  :icefish:

IW.....not honeycombed yet but today's sun, possible showers and tomorrow's winds will definitely leave a mark  :%$#!:  water was eating away pretty good at the holes yesterday   ::)  good luck today, be safe  ;)

H2L......the park was full of people enjoying the sun yesterday when we came off the lake dressed in our winter gear, got some funny looks from the ones in shorts and t-shirts   :blink:  :woot:

FH4....hope the trip home isn't held up too bad by the weather  :-\

MrC.....must be flowers and trees budding in your area with this warm spell  @)  guess the lakes are about done for ice fishing, sorry you didn't get a chance to get out  :(

After 2 days of 8-9 hours on the lake I had a hard time getting focused this morning  :wacko:  time for another cup of coffee and decide what the day will bring  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22862 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:58 AM »
Good day, forty five when I checked the temperature heading to sixty eight rain showers in the fore cast right now a light wind and few clouds in otherwise blue sky. Tomorrow drops back to fifties and wind increases to 10-15 mph. I took a quick look at my local newspaper's website this morning and saw an article about NY. trout stocking and rules changes so to my fellow New Yorkers visit the DEC website before heading out for trout once the season opens for this year. Also a friendly reminder seasons for Walleye,Northern Pike and Chain pickerel closes on the 15Th which is this coming Monday.
IFF may you not have any more reactions to your second vaccine shot. Glad you got to your Niece's safely and she is happy with the Jeep. Have a good visit and enjoy any time spent fishing.
Fish/hunt4ever think you might be spending the weekend in Ohio I see there is a big Winter storm coming to the Rocky Mountains feet of snow expected in some places.
Eddie hope you added sun screen to your fishing gear have a good trip. Nice day to be outside working.
Ice Wanderer good to read sons #1-2 got a fishing trip in and the ice in your area has not started to honey comb.Best to you and son #3 on today's trip, ditto on the sun screen. happy to hear you received your arthritis medications.
Whopper Stopper condolences to you and the family on passing of your friend ditto Wallyworld's comment. Besides the chicken dinner did you receive any special presents on your big day.
Hunts2long I will have to give that radio station a listen usually my radio is tuned to WPDH (101.5 fm) out of Poughkeepsie classic rock. the station has a strong signal I've beeen able to listen to it while in the Albany area. Best to your wife with her second vaccine shot.
Raquttedacker you have been a busy man looks like you are off to a good start with this years plants. I don't remember if your work place sells Easter flower if it does may you sell out this year.
Wallyworld think you might have found a perch spawning area or holding spot.  once again congratulations to the two of you on a couple days of good fishing. I need to take a look at the trees and plants today's weather should get the move to Spring started hopefully we don't have a return to colder weather that kills off an early blooming flowers.
Drifter-016 hope all is good with you. i saw in the paper former NHL player and member of the U.S. 1980  ice hockey team Mark Pavolich passed recently.

Have a good Thursday stay safe and healthy.
 steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22863 on: Mar 11, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Dom,  What Marv said, how many in your crew ?  thats a lot of potting, yes Sir.

Did I mention how glad I am for not being in Denver this coming week end ?  and going over the passes that may have 24-48" of snow dumped on them doesn't sound like anything I would want to be driving thru.  So a plane ticket is in my future  :thumbsup:

right now wetting any fishing lines is still to be determined.

off to enjoy a beautiful morning of sunshine.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22864 on: Mar 11, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, We had a couple of beautiful days. Haven’t been able to use the computer or phone my headaches have been debilitating. My headache Dr upped my meds and am seeing another Dr at the end of the month. Getting my Neuro stimulator next Thursday. Their going to place 1 lead in my lower back and 1 lead up by my neck to see if that helps my headaches and my back pain. New Kitten Lady Macbeth has settled in and Her and Mr Dickens are getting along. My wife is still tired trying to take care of everything. I’m sorry about the long post.

IFF, Glad your feeling better and your niece loves the Jeep.

Whopper Stopper, Happy Belated Birthday.

Mason Eddie, Thats great news that you’ll finally be able to visit your mom.

WallyWorld, Those are great fish. Definitely a good day on the ice.

Raquettedacker, Hope you had help filling all those pots. Do you sell Easter flowers?

Hunts2long, Hope your wife gets her second shot soon and has no reaction.

Ice Wanderer, Hope everything is going well.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22865 on: Mar 11, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Well work is still going but checked in for plane tickets so we will see hownit goes  have a good safe night and day hopefully will be posting from home tomorrow night. Looks like the storm might be pushed to Saturday but trying not to jinx myself just have to wait and see.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22867 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:03 PM »
Good evening brief period of rain this afternoon otherwise a beautiful day even saw a few motorcycles on the highways. I was out earlier some small ponds here are ice free so this is likely the last weekend of fishing in my area . Possibly some lakes in the higher elevation areas of the Catskill mountains will survive another week.
IFF if the forecast is correct many parts of the Rockies will receive major snow falls.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear it has been a rough period for you lately with the headaches. Prayer said that your surgery goes well and the stimulator provides relief from your problems. happy to read "Lady Macbeth" and Mr. Dickens are getting along with each other. Guessing you or you wife like classic British literature by your pet names.
Fish/Hunt4ever if you can get a flight/flights may you beat the coming storm. In my opinion better to be stuck at your home or the hotel in Ohio then somewhere along your flight route home.
Drifter I'm guessing major Winter storms are not uncommon in the NWT at this time of year. Looks like no trip to the cabin this weekend.

A good and safe night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22868 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:32 PM »
I'll go to the cabin Saturday I think. Storm is North of me on the barrens.
Wind is usually bad and they get blizzard conditions.
Too easy to die out in the middle of nowhere.
Red X is my cabin and red circle is the area of the diamond mines

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22869 on: Mar 12, 2021, 02:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  43*, winds are blowing strong again 20-30, high of 50 today.

Jeff...hope the lakers played nice yesterday for you!   Getting my first vaccination shot today.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...so sorry to read about the passing of your friend, my condolences to you and the ladies.
  Dom...wow, what an operation! Thank you for sharing all your hard work, will be looking forward to seeing everything progressing, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally...the weather was great yesterday for about the first 2 hours, then the wind and rain moved in.  :%$#!:  I stuck it out until 4:30 but left with the kitty, lol.
 It was 62* when I walked out on the ice yesterday...sloppy on top, but still lots of ice!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...forgot the sunscreen, but must say, that sun fealt good until the clouds and rain moved in! Thanks for the heads up on the trout changes, will look into that today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...X2 on Steve’s reply, sending thoughts your prayers way everything works out with the stimulator....best wishes!!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...now I know why you chose that Aerosmith song in your fishing video... ;D  :thumbsup:
  FH4...hope all the flights are on schedule...safe travels!   :thumbsup:

Running way behind this am...not much to share on yesterday’s fishing other than I left them swimming, wherever they were hiding!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22870 on: Mar 12, 2021, 02:56 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 41* and a slight wind here.
                       I'm running late Jon and I are meeting early trying to get a half day in , I'll post later and let you all in on the fun.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22871 on: Mar 12, 2021, 05:30 AM »
37* and clear. No wind, yet. Got up to 56* yesterday.
WW, I have seen those looks when you come off the water in the Spring or Fall and it is about 30 degrees warmer on shore.
Eddie, I saw that "cat" a lot last summer.
Ice45, glad to hear the cat and dog are getting along.
I checked with the drug store, the wife will be getting her second shot on Sat.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22872 on: Mar 12, 2021, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....glad to hear MrsH2's shot #2 is coming, opens the door to her surgery soon  :thumbsup:

IW....good luck, will be looking for your report later  ;)2

Eddie....sorry the kitty found you  :(  congrats on getting a vaccine appointment so quickly :clap:

WS.....fingers crossed you won't be seeing any major snow in your area  ::)

FH4.....safe travels  ;)

IF45....glad your critters are getting along  :thumbsup:  hope your upcoming implant gives you some relief from the pain   ;)

MrC....seeing quite a few bikes out and about around here also, guess they don't care about all the sand/salt still on the roads  :blink:  :pinch:

Had temps flirting with 70* yesterday with lots of sun and breezy winds,  most all of the snow is gone now  @)  sun is out in full force this morning altho it's about 30* cooler, supposed to get windy later, should help dry things out  :clap:  time to start thinking about yard work  :flex:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22873 on: Mar 12, 2021, 08:43 AM »
What a difference a day makes. 51* yesterday morning. 31* this morning. With the wind and temperature the last couple of days the snow is mostly gone.

When I talked to my son that lives of over at my other property I need to pray for some snow so he can burn my brush pile as the snow is gone over there too. Hopefully not like the April 3rd storm I drove in years ago. What should have been 2 1/2 hours ended up 6 hours and I was still 30 miles from home. I ended up staying over night with a cousin at that point. With out snow on the ground I do not dare burn the brush pile. As long as there is snow on the ground no burn permit is needed.

ww Here is a link to the butterfly exhibit.

www..meijergardens.org/calender/butterflies-are-blooming

I got an email the other day from our DNR about ice fishing. A little late for that as ice fishing in most of the state is over.

H@L You can not believe the looks I got when I came into town after working on the Lake Michigan shore line in my heavy Carhart's in the  spring. Every one in town were in shorts and t-shirts.

Dom got his education in the green house business when he was working in Holland, Michigan. The must have educated him well. Maybe addicted him to working in the dirt. You should see all of the green houses over there.

IF-45 Praying that the stimulator helps with your problems. Mine helps a lot with my lower back problems.

Time to get some things done before my mind says it is time for a nap.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22874 on: Mar 12, 2021, 09:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 50* here and sunny. My wife is home today and we dropped Dickens off at the vets for a dental. Poor boy will be coming home with no teeth.  My wife is a wreck.

Tom Turkey, Thats to bad all the snow melted. Can you get a permit? Not sure when your burning season is.

WallyWorld, Have seen a few motorcycles on the road. It is getting to be that time of year for yard work. When are you going to start prepping the boat?

Hunts2long, Thats good news your wife is getting her second shot. Prayers she has no side effects.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck today.

Mason Eddie, Hope you have a good day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22875 on: Mar 12, 2021, 01:45 PM »
IF-45
Where the brush pile is, burning it is only safe when there is snow on the ground.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22876 on: Mar 12, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Tom want me to see if the  Rockies will send you more snow ?   ;)
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22877 on: Mar 12, 2021, 05:39 PM »

Good evening ER's,
                        It's 41* with wind gust up to 23 mph here on my hill, and my wind gauge is kind of protected. ::)
                        I-45.........I hope the stimulator gives you some relief from headaches and any discomfort you are experiencing. :flex:
                        Dave........The diamond mines are way out there. :o
                        Eddie.......I'm glad you got your shot today, is it the one shot or do you go back for a second one? ??? Sorry you got the striped Kitty. :(
                        Dom........Your greenhouses look fabulous, good job. :thumbsup:
                        H2l..........Glad your wife is getting her second shot tomorrow, I get my second one Sunday. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                        Steve.......I received my MEDS on Tuesday, I'm feeling a lot better. :flex:
                        Wally........The recent temperatures sure have put a hurt on the ice, but temps are going to drop a below freezing so some might heal up. :unsure:
                        Our fishing excursion this morning turned out to be somewhat of a bust, only 1 fish a salmon was caught by Jon. I did have a flag but it stole my bait. :%$#!:
                 My #2 son and a friend also fished with us today. #2 son said that his daughter wants to fish with me one time this year so we are going to try and attempt
                 a trip tomorrow at a small lake where I caught my personal best Northern Pike, it should be interesting.
                         I hope everyone has a good evenng.

IW

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22878 on: Mar 12, 2021, 05:55 PM »
No we dont do easter plants.  And theres only only Me and three helpers...   Planting actually goes fast.. Almost everything that came in is done...  Its filling pots of all different sizes and moving them to the houses they go in.. ;D
 Thousands of plugs came in yesterday..  Just racks of them..

Everything is filling up.  95 % that came in yesterday now is done..  Going to work on removing the plastic from the caved in one now most of the snow melted..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #22879 on: Mar 12, 2021, 08:45 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody

48* today, rain, breezy, supposed to be like this all weekend

I see some birthdays while I was gone, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Some nice hauls of fish being seen, Congratulations

IFF - Yes, it is nice to finally be done with the NJ house, what a headache

45 - Good luck with the new stimulator, Mr. Dickens on soft food now?

Mrs. W.W. - Almost time for Easter Cookies?

Drifter - Are you going to keep tracks on the new ride all year?

I.W. - RA is killer when meds in short supply, glad you where able to get new supply - good luck with fishing with the granddaughter first time

RD - Plants look great

We are all in good health here, Ellie & I had covid testing done, both negative, Ellie had her 1st shot of vaccine, second next week

After all the processing of the money from the NJ house sale, the lawyer took his share which trimmed the final total a bit >:(, a little steeper than was expected, but, with
     all that he did, could have been worse - Will be roadtripping to NJ for the rest of our stuff, leaving Sunday with DST starting, should make good time in the daylight,
     weather will be questionable, but, have to get things going, so biting the bullet, when we had the covid testing, registering for the shot was on individual basis, my
     confirmation came in today for the 17th, St. Pat's Day, I won't be here so I will have to reregister for another time, knew that was going to happen

The grandkids are a trip - Grandson Nicholas(2.5) is doing the "terrible twos", he just doesn't realize that Pop Pop don't play that game-time out chair will need rebuilding
     Granddaughter Mila(1.5) has a mind of her own, martial arts training physical and mental for her, what she lacks in size is made up in attitude-future boyfriends beware!

Mason - Going to try one last trip before season end? - How is mom?

Clean - Are you ready for the next weather system coming east?

Be Safe
Stay Warm
Have Fun
Tight Lines
Records & Limits
Safe Travels
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Good Eats & Drink
Get Well Soon
Thoughts & Prayers
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22880 on: Mar 13, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

TT....thanks for the butterfly link  :thumbsup:

IW....have fun with your granddaughter today, be safe  :icefish:

CapJ.....safe travels to and from  ;)2

IF45.....boat's ready to go, waiting for the launch to clear of snow  ;)2

Raq.....love to see the spring greens  :clap:

Lots of reports of ice rescues in this area yesterday  :pinch: :(  guess the winds did quite a number on things  :wacko:  our gear will be getting put away in the next day or two once it's all aired/dried out  @)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22881 on: Mar 13, 2021, 06:27 AM »
19* this morning, sunny but windy.
Capt. Jim, have a safe trip.
Dom, always nice to see the pictures of the green houses. The snow is going fast and I can see some running water in the river. All the ice is gone on West Stoney.
We are doing St. Patties day today. Lindsay and Rocky are going to be here.
My brother and nephew boiled for the first time yesterday. They had about 700 gallon of sap. My brother also got his second shot on Wed. said he had the chills and a little sore on Thursday but was fine yesterday. His wife had no issues. We will see how the wife does after today's shot.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22882 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* with plenty of sunshine and winds here this am, high of 36.

H2...best wishes to your wife with today’s 2nd vaccination, hopefully no side effects! Enjoy your St.Patrick’s Day celebration today...corned beef and cabbage on the menu?...yum!!!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope all those involved in the ice rescues made it out safe!!  Congrats to you and Mr.WW on a strong finish this season...won’t be too long until the boating season now!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...wishing you safe travels and clear roads tomorrow, glad everything is now cleared up with the house!   :thumbsup:  The time out chair is still alive and well here also!
  Dom...awesome pictures, amazing amount of work for a 3 member staff!!  :clap: :bow:
  Jeff...best of luck with your granddaughter today, hope the winds aren’t so bad up there!!  :thumbsup:   :icefish:  They weren’t offering the 1 shot vaccination yesterday, so will have to go back next month for #2. So far, the only noticeable issue is a little soreness from the injection.
  Bud...some crazy snow amounts forecasted for the Rocky’s...Wow!!  :cookoo:
  I-45...poor Mr.Dickens, hope he’s doing ok today.  :thumbsup:  We once had a cat we adopted from an elderly woman who had to have its teeth removed, was on a wet food diet but occasionally would get into some of the others kibble.   ;D
  Marv...hope everything is going well out in Minnysoda, still getting warm weather there?  :thumbsup:

The grandchildren are here for the weekend, so doubtful I will see any of the last ice this weekend. Not ready to call it quits just yet though, hoping to get another trip in this week if the weather holds...we’ll see, not willing to take the polar plunge chasing panfish that have been tight lipped.  ;D
  A poker game/ house warming with my brothers and BIL’s on the planner this evening...wish me luck, I usually donate!!  Cawfee’s still on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22883 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Good day in the upper thirties currently heading to a high in the upper forties big switch from Wednesday when it reached seventy. That was nice but to quick of a warm up turned the thermosat down slightly still had it reach 75 in my apartment .I received some mixed news on the local lacrosse seen replies to my emails one local college is playing this year and will live stream their home games on their athletics website. Another college located in Northern Dutchess county will not have a men's team this year and going forward will no longer play men's lacrosse due to lack of interest and trouble getting enough players to field a team. Hopefully at some future date they will once again have a team.
Drifter thank you for the map may the storm stay North of you. Have a good weekend at the cabin.
Eddie hope your face and arms don't look like a cooked lobster today after the fishing trip. Congratulations to the new home owner,best to you in the poker game.
Hunts2long may your wife not have any problems from her second vaccine shot. The maple sap is really flowing with the warmer weather good start for your brother and nephew. Enjoy the ST.Patricks celebration.
Wallyworld  hopefully we do not see reports of any deaths as this ice fishing season winds down here in NY. Guess some folks could not resist the urge to ride their bikes even with the sand /salt still on roadways.
Tomturkey can you get a barrel/barrels to burn the brush know it is more work cutting things to fit into the barrel.
Icefisher-45 may all have gone well with Mr.Dickens dental work and he adjust to his new diet.
Ice Wanderer have a good day with your granddaughter hope she lands a good sized pike.
Raquettedacker thank you for answering my question about the Easter plants. Thanks for the photos you and your coworkers have been busy.
Capt.Jim good to hear all is well sounds like the grandchildren keep you and Ellie busy. ;D :whistle: I don't know how fast appointments for the vaccine shots get filled in your area but may want to rethink trip to NJ. Here in my county (Orange) demand is exceeding current supply of vaccine doses. New York has 62 counties and mine currently is at 61ST place in number of vaccines administered. So If you can make the trip at another time or delay it some get the shot when yo can and don't register for another date. Safe journey if you do head East this week.
Fish/hunt4ever hope you got back to Wyoming without to many problems.

Have a good Saturday stay safe and healthy. Be careful if headed out onto the late season ice.
 Steve

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22884 on: Mar 13, 2021, 10:59 AM »
Well it was a long 21 hour day but got the results done for the plant and made it home safe and sound. No snow in Denver but with a delayed plane in Chicago some people were going to have to spend the night in Denver and the snow was supposed to start around 2 am. Hope they made it out. Also got some bad news yesterday as a buddy/retired coworker has been in the hospital trying to figure out what was wrong found out heart issues that he has been dealing with is not good and no expected to make it much longer sad day for sure. Have a good one all stay safe.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22885 on: Mar 13, 2021, 02:40 PM »
FH4.....thoughts and prayers for your friend, hope his remaining time is pain free  :(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22886 on: Mar 13, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Ran out to the cabin for a few hours today to do a little trail packing.
T'was chilly with -26C temps and a cool breeze out of the East.
After the work was done I went over and shot the breeze with the neighours. They were shoveling and flooding the rink.
Spent about an hour there before my fingers started to get frost nipped. Loaded up the sled and didn't even put the cover on.
Hands were too cold. Took a while to thaw out. Winds are supposed to blow 20+ mph from the East for the next 24 hours before swinging around to the West. Snow's supposed to start tonight, I'm back home watching hockey now.  :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22887 on: Mar 13, 2021, 07:16 PM »
 Good evening after posting earlier today headed to Paramus,NJ. to meet up with my sister at the cemetery where our parents and some other relatives are buried.  The graves/niches now all are decorated for Easter, once we finished with the graves we had a late lunch in cemetery parking area. One the way home was going to stop at the Paramus location of one of Hunts2long's wifes favorite stores Trader Joe's never got inside the store parking lot was packed and line of customers waiting to get inside the building. Also made a side trip and drove through one of the state parks in my area lots of people out enjoying the day. Some of the lakes had open water,ice cover on others was greyish-white with sings of refrozen spots.
Fish/hunt4ever long day for you between work and travel. glad you made it home safely hope the storm is not giving you a lot of snow. Sorry to hear about your friend ditto Wallyworld's words.
Drifter-016 may you hands be recovered from the exposure to cold. May the trail you made freeze up and give you easy travel at the cabin. May you also not see to much snow.

Have a safe and pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22888 on: Mar 14, 2021, 05:27 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 29* and calm at this point. ::)
                     Fish........That is sure a long day, Glad you made it home OK and the storm didn't affect you. :thumbsup: I'm sorry to read about you friend.
           Prayers are sent from this part of the country. :(
                     Dave.......You have to watch your fingers, frost bite can sneak up on you. :%$#!:
                     Wally.......I hope you were able to get out yesterday, the temps were good to help ice survive. :flex:
                     Eddie.......I hope you were able to sneak away for a quick trip as well. ???
                     Marv........What's on your planner today? ???
                     H2l..........Good luck tonight at the lanes, maybe you can knock the other team out of that tie. :whistle:
                     Yesterday I went fishing with my #2 son and his 2 kids, also his friend and his wife and daughter were along. Where we went, there was 2 feet of ice.
            it will be a a while for that to go. It also has an access that is in the shade at this time of year all day. It is also our night Crappie lake. A few fish were caught
            but nothing to brag about.
                     I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22889 on: Mar 14, 2021, 06:03 AM »
26* and clear. A couple cool days on the way.
Drifter doesn't take long at -26. Glad you got out to the cabin.
Mr. C, thanks for the info on the food places. We have also found that Trader Joe's way too busy to go into a couple times. Lindsay told us yesterday that there is a new one going up in the Saratoga area.
Nephew produced about 14 gallons yesterday.
Corned beef dinner was very good.
Ice in the river has broken up down past the house.
F/H4, thoughts with your friend.
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.