The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: cold feet  (Read 3603 times)

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: cold feet
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2015, 01:12 PM »
a buck and a doe in Ct. nothing yet in Vt.

Offline Blackink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2015, 08:42 PM »
Nothing better at 4am when chipping holes and setting lines than toasty toes!

A - Cha....Cha....Cha....C ha......

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2015, 06:55 AM »
True dat!

Offline DaSquatch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2015, 07:24 AM »
I frostbit my feet badly 30 years ago, and have fought with cold feet ever since.  For me, wool socks inside Sorel Arctic packs are the best.  The ones rated to -100 (yeah, right!).   Unless there's more than a couple of inches of water on the ice, then it's rubber baffins.   Disassemble them at night to get them perfectly dry and don't lace them up too tight.   Wear water-shedding pants or gaiters outside of  the boots for drilling.  Also, if I'm fishing out of the truck or permanent shack, I take a dry spare pair.  If my feet get cold, even it I don't think that they're wet, I change out.  Usually fixes the problem.

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2015, 11:06 AM »
I just purchased Muck Artic Pro for this season, if the season ever comes that is...
Still have my Baffin pak boots for backup, and coupled with 75% merino wool socks I'm hopeful this will do the trick.

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2016, 06:19 AM »
Had my first day fishing in the titans. They were a bit clunking but the day started out below zero and my feet were toasty all day long! Thanks to everyone here for their help!

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Good to hear, Sonny!  I had my Titans out for the first time this year on Saturday and had toasty toes all day.  Never had to put in toe warmers, either.  They are clunky, but I think it's worth it.

Offline kgf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2016, 09:52 AM »
 Go with the Baffin's you won't be sorry. I got a pair of the Control Max Pac 's on sale at Cabelas recently they're awesome !!! I've used them several times already and have not gotten cold once. They're rated for something ridiculous like -90-f to so I'm pretty sure they'll handle whatever I'm going to be out in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.