Author Topic: Ion Battery Replacement  (Read 404 times)

Offline Flagging

• IceShanty Rookie
Ion Battery Replacement
« on: Jan 23, 2022, 07:47 PM »
Hey all - I didn't see a thread on this but my search has been a bit wonky, so my apologies if this is a known topic.  Anyhow, I have two Ion batteries, one is junk and the other was smashed in a pressure ridge crash (holds charge but casing which holds battery to auger was broke).  At $200 for a battery replacement, I'm not sure I want to go that route for a 6 year old auger.  Are there any after market batteries people are using or mods to make other batteries work with the Ion? 

Offline IceSpartan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ion Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2022, 08:42 AM »
Hey all - I didn't see a thread on this but my search has been a bit wonky, so my apologies if this is a known topic.  Anyhow, I have two Ion batteries, one is junk and the other was smashed in a pressure ridge crash (holds charge but casing which holds battery to auger was broke).  At $200 for a battery replacement, I'm not sure I want to go that route for a 6 year old auger.  Are there any after market batteries people are using or mods to make other batteries work with the Ion?
Is the unit in good shape otherwise?  If it is I’d just bite the bullet and buy the battery.  Think of it as the motor on your Ion auger.  If you had to replace the engine on a gas auger it wouldn’t be cheap either.  My Ion is in its 4th year and the battery is still strong.  At $200, that’s $50 per year if I had to replace the battery after this season.  Beer money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.