The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice update  (Read 1533 times)

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice update
« on: Dec 29, 2021, 07:44 AM »
Since some of the central vt ponds that managed to  stayed locked since Thanksgiving have a "solid" 2-3" of ice currently, there's already a few crazies out there ripping lips.   Anybody looked at  the larger shallower lakes yet? Curious about Elmore but its a pretty far drive to just spud and leave. Be safe everyone, and happy spudding  :tipup:
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2021, 09:47 AM »
I went out yesterday on Champlain off swanton-Alburgh bridge. 4-5" black ice.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Since some of the central vt ponds that managed to  stayed locked since Thanksgiving have a "solid" 2-3" of ice currently, there's already a few crazies out there ripping lips.   Anybody looked at  the larger shallower lakes yet? Curious about Elmore but its a pretty far drive to just spud and leave. Be safe everyone, and happy spudding  :tipup:
Tried Iroquois yesterday. 4-5" of mostly black ice right off the state access, but do not venture south (right) off the access. Ice very quickly goes to 1 1/2". Did not see or mark a fish in 4-7 FOW. But they have to be there somewhere.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline scottk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I saw a few people fishing Fairfield pond yesterday and Lake Carmi the day before.  Don't know how much ice, but they were out there.

Offline BomoBrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2021, 06:19 PM »
The north end of Bomoseen has 4 inches and Kent Pond has 6.   The bite on Kent was good too.

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Is that the end where the footbridge is?

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Awesome,  I may take a look at a few places this weekend, but I don't anticipate fishing. I have a pretty hard time keeping focused on the fishing when I know the ice is less than 6".   I've fished on some crazy ice before, over really slow water, roped to shore wearing a life vest. Wasn't really for me. But we did manage to catch a few eaters that day. 
"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.