Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Ice fishing trash, litter.

(1/4) > >>

yoopr:
I hope all of you had a great and successful, albeit short ice fishing season on the great Lakes this year.
One of my pet peeves is how much trash some ice fishermen leave behind. From beer cans to bait containers.
 I have seen many fishermen pick up trash as they see it, and I do too, but tons of litter is left  on the ice every year.
My wife took an early spring walk by the Ford river mouth today, she came back and said the sheer amount of trash was disgusting - she grabbed a garbage bag, went back out and carried it completely full back to the car, it weighed no less than 30 pounds, she said there is still a bunch more, she found beer cans, soda bottles, cigarette containers, bait containers, lengths of fishing line, bottles, plastic zip lock bags with rotting bait all washed up on the shore, which means it's fresh from this season.
Ford River mouth was a popular ice fishing spot this year.

It would be great if everyone did a better job, picking up after others who just don't care, and those of you who think it's ok to litter in or on our Great Lakes, please  change your attitude, please respect the lakes and shores, respect your sport, respect others.

Thanks,
Looking forward to seeing all my ice fishing friends next season.

atallgiraffe:
Thanks for bringing this up! I always pick up trash as I encounter it, but it doesn't make me happy.

How anyone can consider themselves a sportsperson and then so blatantly disrespect the resource that provides them the opportunity is beyond me.

Thanks to you and your wife for doing your part, and thanks to all of you who help keep our resources clean.

Lac Vieux Desert had a lot of trash, attached photo from there back in January

SPIN 1:

People suck

Extcat:
I have not seen much this year, not everyone’s bad!

yoopr:

--- Quote from: atallgiraffe on Apr 01, 2021, 09:48 PM ---Thanks for bringing this up! I always pick up trash as I encounter it, but it doesn't make me happy.

How anyone can consider themselves a sportsperson and then so blatantly disrespect the resource that provides them the opportunity is beyond me.

Thanks to you and your wife for doing your part, and thanks to all of you who help keep our resources clean.

Lac Vieux Desert had a lot of trash, attached photo from there back in January

--- End quote ---

I appreciate your reply, I know a lot of people who pick up other trash - all the time, as you said, the blatant disrespect is baffling. I hope that by bringing this up, people start to see that their trash left on the ice doesn't magically disappear
--- Quote from: Extcat on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57 PM ---I have not seen much this year, not everyone’s bad!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version