Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

False flags on the polar style.

(1/7) > >>

flagup!:
I like to use the polar style tip ups, every once in a while,because they are so sensitive.  But seems like I get false flags a lot; due to shiners setting them off.  I know there's different ways to hook the flag, but are there any other ideas to keep these things from popping due to the bait.  I find myself always going back to my heritage lakers.   

sawbelliesam:
There is a set screw on the shaft. The shorter the amount of shaft that sticks up, the harder it will be for the flag to trip. In other words, you'll be submerging the reel farther. Try having about an inch and a half or so sticking up, and experiment with it. It makes a difference. Good luck.

sawbelliesam:
There is a set screw on the shaft. The shorter the amount of shaft that sticks up, the harder it will be for the flag to trip. In other words, you'll be submerging the reel farther. Try having about an inch and a half or so sticking up, and experiment with it. It makes a difference. Good luck.

hardwater diehard:
Are you using the anti wind trip mechanism ..if not actually bending the flag rod some can help

1:09 mark

hardwater diehard:
You may have to rewind your tip up to achieve the methods in the diagram .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version