Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Trailer recommendation for atv

(1/3) > >>

tve:
Just bought an ATV. What advice can you give on buying a trailer. Is a utility trailer ok or should bi go with an enclosed. And what size do you advise?

DaleL57:
I have a utility trailer.
Works fine for me.
Also use it for yard work in the other 3 seasons.

Fisherman 1:
Enclosed without batting an eye.  I had a 3 wall cargo trailer and even with a complete cover for the ATV,  the salt/calcium just permeated it, each outing was a trip to the car wash.  I got a 6 x 10 enclosed cargo trailer and now the ATV is clean all winter.  In summer I can use it to sleep in on longer trips.  I could get my ATV and Otter cottage flip over in sideways behind the ATV.  If I did it again, I would go with a 6 x 12, just for the extra room.

Whopper Stopper:
I also have an enclosed trailer 6"x14'. 
It's nice when arriving at the lake to have everything clean and dry.
My next one will be a  7'x 14' just to allow for more side room and possibly a shelf or two.

WS

DrummerManDrew:
I bought a tandem 7x14 aluminum utility trailer this year. One thing I considered was how the life of the trailer would hold up to my specific region. In all, I choose to go with the aluminum because the trailer was lighter, resists the salts from the roads so it wont rust and I am actually able to haul more in its class. its 7000 gvw and the trailer weighs 1500 so Im able to haul 5500 if I need to. on a steel trailer, the trail in the same class may weigh around 2000-2500 lbs restricting what you could haul. There is a great debate over aluminum vs steel... take your time and do your research and you wont be let down either way you go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version