Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Blackstrap 2020-2021

(1/90) > >>

Churchill River:
bigk, I see you started a thread on ice fishing season.  We better start one related to Blackstrap as most people will look for that.
I thought Rip would of started one already (as he is usually first to do so), but he must be tied up hunting still.

It looked like we were going to be able to walk out by Nov. 8th or so, but I see a couple days next week with highs of 8, so that might delay us
a bit.

I noticed the other day that the back arm at Blackrock was froze over, and some ice forming on the main water.  Waiting for 3 inches................ ........that's something you won't hear the ladies say.

I hope you all had your fill of open water fishing, and are ready for the hard water. 

DoubleHookSet:
Hey CR!
Thanks for setting up the thread. Been watching the highway cam pointed at the south end for the last couple days and I'm getting excited to get out there and wet my lines.

I appreciated the 3 Inches joke as well!

Looking forward to the hard water season.

sparksNfishing:
Has anyone mapped Blackstrap yet using Humminbird Helix?

LarsOlson:
Is it easy to share hummingbird maps? My dad got one this year, and I'd like to get the same brand if we can share maps.

It's my first year to go ice fishing around Saskatoon since I was 8, anything changed at Blackstrap at all? I remember it being good for perch, in about 20' of water. Is there a certain end of the lake to focus on, or pretty well all over?

Ralphyc:
Iced over at town of Shields, measured near shore and about a 1/2 inch. Was happy to see not much snow on ice! Still open water near North end of Shields as the birds were still floating. Shouldn't be too much longer with these cold temps.

Always measure your own ice and stay safe out there!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version