The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Input For A Montana Moderator  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Input For A Montana Moderator
« on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:37 AM »
 ::)
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline FishN4Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Input For A Montana Moderator
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011, 08:57 AM »

I would like to nominate.....drum roll please................ .WHATPOLE!
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I guess I got caught up on the dog thing, but that sort of thing has been happening i.e. TRR thread.

I get frustrated with multiple topics like silos, canyon ferry, canyon ferry perch, hows canyon ferry, what is hole in the wall or people going on for a whole page talking about catch and release on the picture thread.  

I've been using the shanty three years and this year especially there has been more "fights" and people calling each other out.
I'd like more info.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I have been moderating the site off and on all day, every day. if you find a post offensive,PM me and I will check it out for you. duplicate posts ,do the same.

HIMO
                                                             Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:59 PM »
really dont see the point most posts are helpful or just asking type posts.and in my opinion there are very few that get hot..cant we moderate ourselves?

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:14 PM »
the few people who cause trouble are taken care of, in due order.I personally see no need for a separate Moderator for Montana. you guys do a fine job of policing yourself. keep up the good work.

HIMO
                                                         Iceshanty Moderator

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Well if we "really need one" I say let whatpole take it over. I can bet being a MOD is more work than any of us know. But each year more and more people are finding this forum and some dont know all the functions like search or are to lazy to read thru everything. I dont think we need one BUT if the repeats keep up sure lets get one and the fighting I like it, its a great read and funny to see how tuff pple are online.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2011, 01:57 PM »
Has D_Flack been dealt with?

D_Flack has been banned.he will not bother you any longer.

HIMO
                                                            Iceshanty Moderator

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
2 cents
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:06 PM »
No one asked for my opinion, but here it is anyway.  Multiple posts on the same or similar topics don't bother me a whole bunch.  Checking message dates will tell you what's recent and what isn't.  Many times I'm more likely to check threads with a few rather than extensive responses.  20 or 30 responses to a question/comment can be cumbersome to wade through.

It seems that when a contributor (?) is allowed to post one or two mean-spirited or personally defaming messages, that contributor considers it a license to kill, and will continue to push the boundaries.  Sometimes there just seems to be way-y-y-y too much testosterone flowing. . .  :wacko:
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Well as I type this, I know for a fact a good member is deleting his posts because of the slander bieng said. I asked for input for a moderator from the MT vicinity in hopes of keeping some of the good members on board. I know this website has 1000's of members, so 5 -8 leaving is no big deal, but it is when they were the main contributors to the MT portion.

THE SLANDERER'S HAVE BEEN BANNED. GIVE IT A REST. I HAVE IT COVERED.

HIMO
                                                            ICESHANTY MODERATOR

Offline mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:47 PM »
I'm just a low post-count newjack around here, but HIMO seems to do a fine job of keeping things reasonable. I usually just check in on the w. montana threads and havn't seen a single post that seemed objectionable or even confrontational (look at me and my big words! :o Maybe the folks on the east side of the state need to drill a few holes and mellow out. Getting all spicy on a ice fishing forum is pretty weak. Anyway...go fishing, be happy!

Offline icefich

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2011, 01:21 PM »
I just wanted to suggest that everyone try to think back to when they were just starting out ice fishing and had lots of questions. The new people on here whose questions seem to be so bothersome for some reason, are the same people who will be contributors in the future. I would urge more patience and understanding for all of us. Questions, IMHO, are the life blood of this community, and the answering of those questions simply bring us closer together. :-\ I really do hope for you all to have a GREAT fishing season, and also hope that it is successful in all the different ways that we each choose to measure success. Tight lines everyone! :)

Ron

Offline vicster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2011, 04:57 PM »

THE SLANDERER'S HAVE BEEN BANNED. GIVE IT A REST. I HAVE IT COVERED.

HIMO
                                                            ICESHANTY MODERATOR

Thanks, and I second the give it a rest.  Lets hear about fishing, that's what we are here for right ;)

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2011, 05:58 PM »
I 2nd your post, Ron. It always agrevates me when you get into something new and ask a lot of questions and people get annoyed at you. Or people on a forum say its alreadt been covered in other posts. If its a duplicate, don't read it if you don't want to. I don't read the topics about stuff in E. MT because I don't live out there. Actually, when there's a new topic started say on CF, its nice. Let the old one go on and start with the new one. Less posts to wade thru. Good site.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Thanks Mr. HIMO. We all appreciate your efforts.
So many fish, so little time.

oldschoolben

« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:54 AM »
yes we need someone my good friend icetoker has been banned on iceshanty for nothing

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:20 PM »
What??  I'd like to see the post that got him banned......I must have missed something.......

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:24 PM »
your friend icetoker has been banned by the owner of the site for posts regarding smoking pot and by his inciteful comments when told why his posts were removed and his name changed. it was not for nothing. like I said before I have it covered so relax and go fishing.

HIMO
                                                                   Iceshanty Moderator

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:28 PM »
your friend icetoker has been banned by the owner of the site for posts regarding smoking pot and by his inciteful comments when told why his posts were removed and his name changed. it was not for nothing. like I said before I have it covered so relax and go fishing.

HIMO
                                                                   Iceshanty Moderator
  Thanke HIMO! Your a good man and work very hard to keep this site FAMILY ORIENTED. keep up the good work bud!!!

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:58 PM »
oldschoolben while some in montana have a card and can legally smoke pot...this is not only a montana forum and nationally it is not legal.. also this is a family oriented forum.. so if "toker" would respect others he wouldnt have been banned. also i saw him on yesterday so wasnt banned as of then.why not just make a general ice fishing name and keep what he does on the ice to himself..my .02 cents

Offline smokeybear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:32 PM »
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it gets annoying when people preach their personal ethics to folks that are not breaking any laws.  Yes, it bothers me when people keep every big female they catch, but if its legal and above board, leave them alone.  I have some older friends who like to keep every fish they catch until they limit out...its not the way I do it, but it's their right, so I keep my mouth shut and do my explaining when they ask me why I'm putting that big smallmouth back in the water. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.