The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: cooney  (Read 672 times)

Offline fishjunkie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines and smoking reels
cooney
« on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:36 PM »
 iced 2 ling 22 and  half and  they  other  21and half inches long  they  where  caught on a chartreuse Lindy dart and a glow diver  there  bellies  where  packed  full of craw daddies caught  about 5:00 pm off north shore  the  weather dam cold
early to bed early to  rise  fish like  hell and  make up lies

Offline Old Man Winter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: cooney
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:52 PM »
I've also noticed my ling (not from Cooney) are hard with crayfish. Even caught one (crayfish) on a tipup last year. Tried it and it worked great :)

Offline fishjunkie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tight lines and smoking reels
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2011, 10:59 PM »
just  went  on  line  to  find  rubber  craw fish  did find  a diver   made  by redel  that  might  work am going  to  try it
early to bed early to  rise  fish like  hell and  make up lies

Offline miguelito

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:10 PM »
I caught a 8 lb ling in Peck through the ice last winter that had a big leopard frog in it.  Not sure how to explain that one...

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:13 AM »
I caught a 8 lb ling in Peck through the ice last winter that had a big leopard frog in it.  Not sure how to explain that one...

8 pounds... wow, that's a big ling and a fish to be proud of.  An old female obviously... any idea how old?  It takes a long, long time for a ling to get that big and those are the prime spawners that keep the fishery alive.

Offline miguelito

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:04 AM »
I have no clue how old it was.  Ling are still new to me so I eat them all.  I release walleye over 4 lbs and big pike but I haven't caught enough ling to give them that status yet.  Maybe now that I have killed a big one I can release the next one, although she sure was good...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.