Author Topic: Boots  (Read 2515 times)

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Boots
« on: Nov 16, 2022, 06:57 PM »
Looking to give up my mickeys.I know this was a topic in past posts.I want something lighter but just as warm.Any and all suggestions welcome

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2022, 07:35 PM »
Bogs Bozemans. Good to -70*. In the hunting stand and on the ice. Best I've ever worn.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2022, 06:07 AM »
I did a post last year on this .I got a lot of good years in my Mickey's but don't regret switching to something lighter.  I absolutely love the korkers polar vortex 1200. Super warm and lightweight. I can still drive in them when changing spots and my calf's aren't sore from weight of Mickey's after long walks. Baffin makes some really good options too.
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline Dinkgetter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2022, 12:45 PM »
Baffin Apex. I ordered 2 sizes larger than my shoe size. Had them for 12 years and still like new condition. Only use them for ice fishing and deer hunting. They take a while to break in. They are kind of stiff like a ski boot but will soften up when you break them in. Hope that helps.

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Looking to give up my mickeys.I know this was a topic in past posts.I want something lighter but just as warm.Any and all suggestions welcome

I have some Baffin boots and I love them.  can get pricey but you can find sales sometimes

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2022, 11:37 AM »
This thread got me thinking about giving up my mickey's. I started to check out some of the brands mentioned here. I liked the idea of how warm the Baffin Impact are but I read a review that said the seams leaked. I fish with water and slop on the ice way to often to have boots that leak.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:01 PM »
My buddy says Baffin is the way to go..He's had his for three years and loves them.  It's getting me thinking it's about time to trade the Mickeys after the next knee surgery.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:49 PM »
LACROSS

Offline 2LMKR2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2022, 12:32 PM »
Baffin! I got the Control Max 3 years and love them, warmest boots I have ever had! Then I bought their Canada Boot for days when it's not so cold, and hunting or just working outside in the snow.
Great quality boots!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2022, 02:36 PM »
Well I got an early Xmas gift .Went with the korkers 1200 .I can’t believe how light they are ,and the quick change out soles which I will get the studded soles when the ice comes .The quick dial lace system is awesum.Can’t wait to put them on and wear for ice fishing

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Check out the Baffin Titans. Love mine

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2022, 08:41 PM »
Well I got an early Xmas gift .Went with the korkers 1200 .I can’t believe how light they are ,and the quick change out soles which I will get the studded soles when the ice comes .The quick dial lace system is awesum.Can’t wait to put them on and wear for ice fishing
[/quote Ahh, love those Christmas gifts to me from me. LOL

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2022, 05:55 PM »

I love mine!. So light and can synch up the boots even with gloves with those dials. I have the studs and they are not huge but work pretty good. My bad knee sure appreciates the switch. You won't regret
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2022, 07:10 PM »
Yes my knees are going to love them .After walking around with the mickeys my knees are on fire at end of the day.Can’t wait

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2022, 09:09 PM »
was fishing in 5" of slush and found I had a leak, well I had good friend's from out of town up to fish and stuck it out for the whole day. the next day I fired a not to happy email to Kroker and let them know what I thought of their product to my dismay I had e return email telling me no problem, gave the date of sales where I bought them wasn't long after the new ones showed up at my door, had to cut the Toungs out of the old ones. you just can't beat that, I can tell you I have fished in them at -38 with no discomfort just use the most aggressive cleats you can get! [ sliped in the melt off and lost both knees ] I'm 67 now and being so lite I can walk miles again so if there are better boots than the korker's  show me.
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline silvercigar1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2022, 08:31 AM »
Had my korkers two years best boots I’ve ever had worth the money easy lace set up an interchangeable cleats are great

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:24 AM »
I wear Extreme Refrig Wear. Worked in cold storage facility temps from -10 to -40 feet never got cold. And boots are very light. :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:47 AM »
I wear Extreme Refrig Wear. Worked in cold storage facility temps from -10 to -40 feet never got cold. And boots are very light. :tipup:

Not to get sidetracked too much, but I have been using Refrigiware insulated jacket and pants for over 25 years now (original set still in use). It is an excellent mid to outer layer option...depending on temps. Usually wear it under my cold weather suit when outside the shack. Take off my CWS when inside. It is water repellent and a decent price.

https://refrigiwear.com/product/cooler-wear-jacket/

https://refrigiwear.com/product/cooler-wear-trousers/
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2022, 08:27 AM »
Had a Refrigirware snow mobile suit in early 60's. When I fell through the ice the paramedics cut it off when I was in ambulance, much to my chagrin!!!Bought another and wore it until 3 years ago when I think it shrunk a bit??? ::) Still like new, just a little tight! Bought a Striker Suit.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2022, 12:01 PM »
Do you buy your Korkers on line? I need wide size so hoping size 12 fits good. Wearing size 11 shoes now and wears cheapest.
THANKS
Tom

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2022, 03:27 PM »
When I got my korkers I bought from up north sports they were on sale free shipping a little over 200

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.