Author Topic: Milwaukee drill with steel flighting and ripper blades  (Read 1568 times)

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Will be picking up a cordless Milwaukee this fall (the 1200 in lb one).  Question is, how well will it work with my prexisting 8" eskimo flighting with ripper blades, or does one need to switch to a shaver blade setup (pistol bit / lite flite etc).  Will the ripper blades provide too much resistance and burn out the drill?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Milwaukee drill with steel flighting and ripper blades
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2022, 05:13 PM »
If the auger drill unit is from a gas/propane auger it will be  a lot for the Milwaukee to hande ..because of weight . If monny is tight I suggest a hand auger with Mora/Shaver style blades . If money is flexable there are several composite augers that will do a much better job. Prices on the composite augers are at a premium now ...I suspect things will loosen up soon.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2022, 05:23 PM »
It'll work but you will have a hard time finding an adapter for the gas auger as the diameter is bigger then most drill adapter which are made for hand auger/electric augers. Hand auger are cheap but they lack a centering point so they skate a bit on glare ice till they bite.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2022, 05:41 PM »
It'll work but you will have a hard time finding an adapter for the gas auger as the diameter is bigger then most drill adapter which are made for hand auger/electric augers. Hand auger are cheap but they lack a centering point so they skate a bit on glare ice till they bite.

Strikemasters NDA-3 adapter will get the job done...as it is both a 22mm and a 18mm adapter ... but really a cordless set up shines with a lighter weight auger drill unit .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2022, 10:19 AM »
 I think that'd be awful hard on a drill.  Slap a mora on that thing and you'll have no regrets :tipup:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2022, 02:21 AM »
jpicks PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.