Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116658 times)

Offline firefish5000

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:02 PM »
 Well my name is Cal I am from NE Minnesota and have been here for 5 years . I only work during the summer months so I travel and fish during the winter and call palmer home. I am always in search of that unknown lake with a large trout or pike with my name on it.

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Well my name is Cal I am from NE Minnesota and have been here for 5 years . I only work during the summer months so I travel and fish during the winter and call palmer home. I am always in search of that unknown lake with a large trout or pike with my name on it.

Hello...I'm originally from Chicago, but lived in Grand Marias, Cook (on Lake Vermillion) and in Bigfork....miss walleye! Welcome...jb

Offline firefish5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:41 AM »
small world.. I went to high school in Orr, college at Ely and last place I lived was Grand Marais. Must say I miss all the pan fish an walleye.

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 27, 2007, 05:32 PM »
small world.. I went to high school in Orr, college at Ely and last place I lived was Grand Marais. Must say I miss all the pan fish an walleye.

small world indeed...what do you do for a living that brings you up here? 

Offline firefish5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Dec 28, 2007, 02:31 AM »
small world indeed...what do you do for a living that brings you up here? 

Forestry, Fire , and Rescue tech. What brought you here.

P.S. did a little spear fishing at memory lake today....there is without a doubt a few nice pike lurking in there.

Offline ulflyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Forestry, Fire , and Rescue tech. What brought you here.

P.S. did a little spear fishing at memory lake today....there is without a doubt a few nice pike lurking in there.

I'm in a subspeciality of medical imaging...been here 26 years now. Heading out in a few minutes for Big Beaver lake....Caught a 22 inch rainbow and a bunch of hi teens there last Saturday. Daughter lost "moby trout" there....I cut 10 inch holes....he filled it up before spitting the jig!!!!!!

After the 1st, I'll be concentrating on northerns and bot....maybe we can catch up down the trail....

Offline mparzick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 30, 2007, 02:47 PM »
hello, my name is matt, just joined site.loking forword to all the good info.

Offline jeepinjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 01, 2008, 08:24 PM »
Hello My name is John i have lived in alaska for about 18 years Nice to met everyone. :tipup:

Offline lostsheep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:56 PM »
hello, new to ice fishing, love this site and all the knowlege. zack, north p-hole

Offline whatabout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 06, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Hello to All. Moved to Alaska in the late 70's. Love fishing of any kind. Exposed my son to fishing when he was 3 or 4 years old, now I am following him. He told me of this forum and has been really jazzed about ice fishing, so here I am. I have done a little ice fishing, but he is ahead of me on this one.  (Not for long) Did I mention competition? ;D Look forward to spending some time w/him, and talking w/members of the forum. Also now that I qualify as a old guy, I can hook him into drilling holes and hauling gear. I just clutch the old heart and try not to smile and let nature take its coarse. Good Fishing to you all. Bob

Offline nathan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:25 PM »
hi there! i've been reading this forum for a year now with no posts.  i guess it's about time. 

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Well my name is Ian, I live in Anchorage. Have been a long time AK res. but spend a bunch of time in the states(gag). Jeepinjohn and another friend got me to go ice fishing for the first time last weekend. AND NOW IM HOOKED. I am currently building a 4-6man shanty that is fold able and insulated. Need to go out and get me some gear. i will start a shanty build thread here soon as soon as it stops snowing on my build.

Offline jeepinjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Hello to All. Moved to Alaska in the late 70's. Love fishing of any kind. Exposed my son to fishing when he was 3 or 4 years old, now I am following him. He told me of this forum and has been really jazzed about ice fishing, so here I am. I have done a little ice fishing, but he is ahead of me on this one.  (Not for long) Did I mention competition? ;D Look forward to spending some time w/him, and talking w/members of the forum. Also now that I qualify as a old guy, I can hook him into drilling holes and hauling gear. I just clutch the old heart and try not to smile and let nature take its coarse. Good Fishing to you all. Bob
Well look at this my Dad found me lol, don't be too hard on him guys. ;D

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:43 PM »
next time he clinches his chest tell him to grab the auger and get moving.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #74 on: Jan 11, 2008, 01:49 AM »
Welcome FNG's and to Team Alaska. Glad to see you valley people joining more and more up.

Looks like a North and South get together/fish off might be in order in the near future at a neutral lake close to us both, probably Glenallen area?

Offline whatabout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Well I guess I blew that one. No giving up old guy trade secrets, anymore.  ;D

Offline Archeryguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 14, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Hello everyone just got signed up here and thought I would let ya'll know a little about myself. I just moved here from South Dakota about a month ago. I love ice fishing and I am getting the feeling that this might be the first year in quite some time that I am not going to be able to go. I am hoping someone here could help me out a bit. I have no equipment or anything to go myself. I will go get poles and lures and bait if someone could tell me what all i really need to catch some fish. I don't care what I catch as long as i am on the ice somewhere catching something. I live in Anchorage now so if there are any lakes close to town or in town that i may be able to go and punch open a previous hole that would be great. Any help for a new guy would be helpful, Thank you and its great to be a member.

P.S.  IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN PHEASANT HUNTING IN SOUTH DAKOTA LET ME KNOW, I WILL GET YOU ON THE BIRDS, OPENING DAY IS THIRD SATURDAY IN OCTOBER, I CANT PROVIDE TRANSPORT OR LODGING BUT I CAN PUT YOU ON THE BIRDS AND RECOMMEND A GOOD LODGE IF THAT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

Offline jeepinjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Welcome FNG's and to Team Alaska. Glad to see you valley people joining more and more up.

Looks like a North and South get together/fish off might be in order in the near future at a neutral lake close to us both, probably Glenallen area?

Pick a day sounds like fun, maybe a little in advance so i can get time of work. ;D

Offline murphyslaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 15, 2008, 01:25 AM »
hopefuly I will have my shanty done this week or something and you Jeepinjohn Jed and I could head out.

Offline karandas72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Jan 19, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Hi all. My name is Aaron, have lived in Alaska for awhile now, but this is the first season I have gotten into hardwater fishing. This site is a great resource and tool for us newbies. Thanks for all your time and input.

Offline AKFISHRIPPER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIFE=FISHING
« Reply #80 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:11 AM »
HEY GUYS, my name is Chris...uuummmm basically I love to FISH, LIVE to FISH, and Fish every chance I get.   I've lived here in Alaska for a little over 3 years now due to voluntarily being transfered by the AirForce and plan to stay for a while after I get out.  Before that I was stationed in Washington for a while slaying all the salmon/trout/and steelhead they had to offer.  I picked up ice fishing as soon as I got here and absolutely enjoyed it, so of course I went out and bought a vex fl-18/marcum camera and a nice shelter to improve my odds. So far I've caught a lot of trout, dollies, char, landlocked salmon, and one 28inch burbot through the ice.  The biggest fish through the ice so far is a 26in char out of a local anchorage lake, but I'd really like to get into some lake trout and burbot. By the way this site is awesome!!!
U give a man a fish, u feed him for a day....I teach a man to fish.HE CATCHES ALL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JMH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Hello.  I'm new here. I like to ice fish. I also like to hunt and drive offroad.

Offline AKFISHFOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Come play with the Big Boys! 34" Big Lake Burbot
« Reply #82 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:31 PM »
This area is for new members on the Alaska forum and to Team Alaska to introduce yourself and to be welcomed by our other members. If you have any questions please just ask.

Thanks

Brad; Forum Moderator for Alaska section and member of "Team Alaska"  >:D

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I wanted to drop in and introduce myself.  My name is Jake and I am a lifelong Alaskan and have been an avid angler as far back as I can remember.  I am 30 years old and work for a bank in Anchorage in the loan dept.  I look forward to talking to you all about lakes, tackle, methods, and anything else about ice fishing.  I have gone on about 15 trips this year to a variety of places and have done OK, not the best year for me though.  However, its not over and the big trips are yet to come.  I have read about the last four months of posts and some from the last couple of years, and you folks are a stand up group of people.  I look forward to talking to you more.  Have a great day!
Fish On!

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:10 AM »
Welcome aboard ;D

We could use a loan officer around here to help us out with offsetting our financing of all our ice fishing toys.

Offline AKFISHFOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Come play with the Big Boys! 34" Big Lake Burbot
« Reply #84 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:31 AM »
Welcome aboard ;D

We could use a loan officer around here to help us out with offsetting our financing of all our ice fishing toys.

LOL, I'm sure you could!  I am not a loan officer yet, I do all of the work and the loan officers get the credit.  When you get a loan and sign the documents, I made all of those documents.

Thanks for the welcome, I love this website, everyone is really great and helpful to one another.  The world would hum along to a different tune if everyone were that way.
Fish On!

Offline Bryan19Alaska

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ice Shanty. I have lived in AK for 25 + years and love to fish year round. I'm also an avid bow hunter. I have mad a few trips out this winter and plan to do several more. My goal this winter is to pull a huge laker through the ice. Any suggestions? I have some good lakes for pike and bows if you'd care to trade secret holes.
Bryan

Offline rlcofmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:30 PM »
Hey im 23 moved up here about 6 months ago and have ben on the AOD forum alot and herd about this one so I figured i would check it out. I hunt and fish alot and being from minnesota I am used to being on the hard water. Man do i love the fishing up here even though i am yet to get any good sized fish i have done well on decent lakers, rainbows and dollys as well as many LL salmon. I would like to try for some of the monster pike up here but there is not enough time in the day to do everything. I live in Anchorage by the way.

Offline frozenfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 06, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Hello, My name is Chris. I am new to the shanty but have been very impressed with posts and articles. I spent a couple years in Fairbanks, now I am in Soldotna. Just getting hooked on ice fishing it has been a blast going out with the guys pulling fish through a hole. Brad I read your post from December about LG-1. I appreciate the support you showed in a time when it was needed. Cameron was a true brother that is missed by all his co workers at CES. Hope to learn from you all.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Thanks Brother;

If you need any help with anything on here just holler or start a new topic or pm me, I'll help you the best I can ;D

Take Care, Stay Safe and KTF; RFB

Brad

Offline Arctic Dust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Feb 08, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Hello, I'm Dustin. I'm 31 and have been in the Air Force for 12 years now. I was recently introduced to the iceshanty site and I must say I am very impressed. I love to fish when ever I get the chance. I have even fished in Baghdad Iraq while deployed there! Alaska is God's playground and l love to take advantage of all it has to offer. I had a great year of fishing and am finishing my year out on ice fishing before heading to Montana in April. I hope to share so tips and stories on here about ice fishing since I am fairly new to it up here. I plan on doing most of my fishing in the valley since I live in Wasilla. So if anyone has any ideas for hot spots, I'm all ears! Thanks
To fish or not to fish..what a stupid question!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.