Author Topic: Small Time Jig makers?  (Read 5555 times)

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
Small Time Jig makers?
« on: Oct 21, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Does anyone know of small market jig makers that have their own line of jigs that they sell to public?
If so, please post or pm where they can be purchased. 
I like to get unique, lesser known and fished jigs in my collection.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Re: Small Time Jig makers?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2009, 09:57 AM »
have to give a thumbs up the jammin jigs on this one..not only a shanty sponsor, but a 2 man operation..a father and son..each jig is hand made..the quality is great as well

Offline blackhawks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2009, 07:32 PM »
snowman, I really like Little Atom jigs.  They are made in Sturtevant, WI.  Small time operation but their jigs and plastics are extremely good.  You can now order them at yourbobbersdown.com.  A lot of different types of jigs including horizontal and vertical.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I too give props to Jammin' Jigs, I pretty much swear by their pink and black tiger stripe jigs.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I have To say support Jammon Jigs. When you place an order they also give you some for free. If you go to there site they give away free jigs(probably it covers for cost and shipping) But who does that these days. Just check them out and you be the judge.

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I ordered from them and of course there was a bag of freebies. After looking over my order there was a mistake and I called them and he had me mail back the wrong ones and when I received the correct ones there was another bag of freebies. A class act for sure, they definately appreciate your business.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2009, 10:59 PM »
I  have heard nothing but good things about Jammin Jigs... I have a $100 order to place as soon as I get a job!! LOL of course I also need a new shanty.... a couple rods... tips-ups......and of COURSE jigs holders to go along with the jigs...lol

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2009, 11:55 PM »
I love jammin jigs!  I have ordered from them the past 3 seasons, and the coming up order will be the fourth year.  I was actually hoping to find
a similar type of company, with a slightly different selection to pick from.  I have to be around the 300 jigs/spoons from jammin.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Best around IMHO. hand made in michigan.

http://www.ficiousjigs.com/zencart/

J-

Offline wedkarz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Best around IMHO. hand made in michigan.

http://www.ficiousjigs.com/zencart/

J-

Gotta agree. I made an order last year and was very happy. High quality stuff

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2009, 02:05 PM »
I have to give kudos to jammin jigs. I made 2 orders last year and plan on making a big one this year.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Coldfeet here on IS makes jigs for sale. I had him make some for me, they are great and I use the ones I have left all the time.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2009, 06:34 PM »
I probably bought about 50.00 bucks worth of Jammin Jigs last year! With the freebies, I bet I got a lifetime supply! They do catch fish! 8)
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2009, 06:49 PM »
 JAMMIN" JIGS. :thumbsup:....Very pleased w/ the service & Product.....Will not hessitate to order from them again!......Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:54 PM »
If you guys keep giving them plugs, they will have no reason to sponsor! ;D

They are made right here in Minnesota by folks who know what a jig should fish like. I have spent allot of time on icefishing websites, and I have never seen a bad review of Jammin Jigs. I will be placing my yearly order soon.

Does anyone know what happened to NISID? I got some freebies a couple of years ago and I love them. They are the jigs with the hole in the body that you pass the line through, and then tie it off to the hook shank. They hang horizontally and have a nice little flutter on the fall.

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:30 PM »

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:37 PM »
does this help skipperhttp://keeperlures.com/pages/mormyshka-jigs.php

Друг спасибо (Russian for Thank you comrade). ;D

Those are the same thing in a different brand, also made in Russia.

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Yeah i bought some this year gonna give them a try

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:40 PM »
Dont forget that Marmish has their own line of jigs too.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:31 PM »
I probably bought about 50.00 bucks worth of Jammin Jigs last year! With the freebies, I bet I got a lifetime supply! They do catch fish! 8)

If you are like most of us, you haven't even begun to collect jigs. It is an addiction. LOL

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2009, 01:15 PM »
Coldfeet here on IS makes jigs for sale. I had him make some for me, they are great and I use the ones I have left all the time.

Coldfeet, Where are you??????

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2009, 09:34 PM »
If you are like most of us, you haven't even begun to collect jigs. It is an addiction. LOL

Isn't that the truth!  I have to be in the 800 jig plus range, and still looking for more!  How bad is that.   ???

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Well been doing it for about 6 or 7 years now. It all started as a past time for me I had jigs like everyone else here but like everyone wanted more. More colors more options in sizes etc etc... So with that I decided to put together a few molds from scrap aluminum I picked up at scrap yard took home and worked out patterns and using a dremmel tool put together some pretty decent molds. Well in time this sites owner came to me asking for a micro jig for gills on his local lakes together we worked it out through trial and error. this jig is close to 1/100 oz or less. After a short time I was asked to come up with some plastics for this same jig. It didn't take long to get this working and  the tails were created. Well in short this has come a small time operation and I do mean small. Creating diffrent jigs year by year has been a passion to me I added blade baits to the jigs I do and am working on new items for this season. I have worked on getting my stuff out to local markets here and as far as I am concerned that's enough for me I don't want it getting big just enough to help pass the time and help fund my fishing. The key I found for me is putting a finish on those jigs like no one else sees or can do. Every jig I do is cleaned up and air brushed so for the most they are all diffrent. One thing that I do also is clear the eyes from paint so when you go to tie them on there is no problems. That's what a small time operation can do for it buyers Quality controll.
One other thing for sure Millions cannot be made from it doing it my way but I think my jigs will out fish any other out there and I also have time to work on new things and not many headaches.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Gotta agree. I made an order last year and was very happy. High quality stuff

Except that Fiscios jigs has 0 products in stock....everything sold out with a maximum of 1 on some products?

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2009, 11:58 AM »
I hate to be "that guy" but go look at the "jigging" forum and then the "Jig Making" subforum and make your own jigs...then you get your custom paint job on them plus it's 10x more satisfying to catch a fish on your own creation! Besides when you add up the cost per jig with all the materials you buy it's maybe .10 apiece! But if you want different styles then I guess you need to buy from somebody with a mold.

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2009, 01:04 PM »
I hate to be "that guy" but go look at the "jigging" forum and then the "Jig Making" subforum and make your own jigs...then you get your custom paint job on them plus it's 10x more satisfying to catch a fish on your own creation! Besides when you add up the cost per jig with all the materials you buy it's maybe .10 apiece! But if you want different styles then I guess you need to buy from somebody with a mold.
  Sure can't disagree w/ you, Pounders; Been tying flies & experimenting, fabricating different lures for years.....Now my son, an avid fisherman, has "no interest" in making his own......Guess what I'm trying to say is: "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT!" ;D  Tight Lines,  Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2009, 07:20 PM »
have to give a thumbs up the jammin jigs on this one..not only a shanty sponsor, but a 2 man operation..a father and son..each jig is hand made..the quality is great as well

Ill have to agree on this one..........Although i make alot of my own jigs,JAMMIN JIGS Rock. Well crafted and priced nice you cant go wrong. i put in an order every year if i need them or not and they usually send some freebies to try out so 2 thumbs up to Jammin Jigs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.