New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339018 times)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #780 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Remember to send me some pics mike since I'm stuck at work.

J, the morning bite is INSANE! Between Kevin and I we've iced 22 lakers from 7a-9a! Best morning of fishingin a long time!

Mike

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #781 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:19 AM »
J, the morning bite is INSANE! Between Kevin and I we've iced 22 lakers from 7a-9a! Best morning of fishingin a long time!

Mike

man i am jealous...

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #782 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:31 AM »
go north toward bolton lots of spots up there and the fishing is better

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #783 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Looking forward to the total catch count JÄGER, a slammer start!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #784 on: Feb 17, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Man that sounds good :thumbsup: Hope it stays that way. I will be there Friday
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline scottvan10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #785 on: Feb 17, 2013, 09:29 AM »
Heading out to Lake George tommorow. Cant decide were to go, using tip ups 3 with fatheads 2 with medium shiners. Looking for big perch  and anything that will hit a medium shiner. Old school for me no Quad.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #786 on: Feb 17, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Where you coming from
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #787 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:08 AM »
I  am going to Onieda 2 days the LG for 2 days. Can,t wait :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #788 on: Feb 17, 2013, 10:36 AM »
Thanks Mike, awesome first couple of hours, how they since 9:00am?  Sunday looks good.  Jeff and I going to Abankee tomorrow.

Offline skunkman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fur Trapper
« Reply #789 on: Feb 17, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Hello, been fishing Lake George for years jigging perch.Have been reading about jigging lakers, but know little about it. My hand auger is 6". Is that too small? I don't have electronics, can I get away without it? Any suggestions on lures, other than Swedish pimples? Lure size?Without giving away any secrets, any suggestions where to fish? What about off of the Paulist Fathers? I used to work on the lake, am fairly used to most areas.Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Lookin for woman that owns boat, motor, and can clean fish. Send picture of boat and motor.

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #790 on: Feb 17, 2013, 11:37 AM »

man i am jealous...

not jealous just skeptical with all these insane numbers.. And chest pumping on a huge public forum  :-\
that is 1 laker iced every 5.45 mins non stop..  ::)
kinda hard for me to get my stuff together in that short of time, let alone keep track of how many..
however the internet don't fib so it must be true.. :o

Caught 1 on LG, jigging with electronics yesterday, maybe I'll catch another 1 tomorrow..

Offline fzgil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #791 on: Feb 17, 2013, 11:55 AM »
Anybody using those PK Panic jigs for Lakers? I have always used Swedish pimples tipped with meat but wanted to try something new.
Thanks
Frank

Offline NYJigger72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #792 on: Feb 17, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Both Assembly point and huddle bay have been hot for the perch. We got couple lakers at AP yesterday and limits on BIG perch.  Good luck

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #793 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:00 PM »
not jealous just skeptical with all these insane numbers.. And chest pumping on a huge public forum  :-\
kinda hard for me to get my stuff together in that short of time, let alone keep track of how many..

Caught 1 on LG, jigging with electronics yesterday, maybe I'll catch another 1 tomorrow..
if you ever have the chance to fish with jager61, "do it" this guy is a class act  he does what he says. I have witnessed this laker assassin before and he is spot on with the reports of what he catches!! keep up the good job, mike!!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #794 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Thanks Mike, awesome first couple of hours, how they since 9:00am?  Sunday looks good.  Jeff and I going to Abankee tomorrow.

Bill it's been non stop until about 1/2 hr ago. At the moment, the three of us have Iced 76 lakers! It's unbelievable today! By far best day jigging ever! I'll be back Friday! LOL! How's the headache? Hope it's better Bro!

Mike

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #795 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:14 PM »
The head is fine, minor headache.  Great job with the fish today.  Same area?  John out today?  If so, tell him thanks.  I'm trying to get out of taken my daughter Saturday to a concert, if not, Sunday for sure. Tell Kevin I said hello.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #796 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:19 PM »

i'm sensing a bit more jealousy than 1 would want to admit, why would ever 1 want lye about the numbers they put up, just to get flooded inboxes with pms of who what when and where.you kind of sound like the guy that accused us of using illegal bait with all the fish we were landing.had to show him our bait just to prove him wrong,and love to prove people wrong.some times some people have a hard time catching maybe it the gear or lure or just lack of skill and luck for some and some guys just hate the fact they 're not the ones putting up the big numbers,i know all the people that have been putting these numbers up and i know where they been fishing,i don't doubt theses guys including myself for a second and knowing where there fishing these spots have been this hot since i started fishing lakers 30 years ago,witnesses and pics don't lye either,
now with all that said i just want you to know i'm not trying to start a war here i'm just sayin,and i hope you can have a few good days for your quarry too...tight lines

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #797 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:22 PM »
How come when someone ( who is legit) has a great day and post about it someone ( probally not catching fish ) has to bash it.   Don't worry guys someday you'll have a good day to.      I used mine up last year :).   Great job guys      Tell ship to get ahold of me or Jon
about Thursday

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #798 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:24 PM »
How come when someone ( who is legit) has a great day and post about it someone ( probally not catching fish ) has to bash it.   Don't worry guys someday you'll have a good day to.      I used mine up last year :).   Great job guys      Tell ship to get ahold of me or Jon
about Thursday
was hoping you'd chime in  ;)

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #799 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:29 PM »
i'm sensing a bit more jealousy than 1 would want to admit, why would ever 1 want lye about the numbers they put up, just to get flooded inboxes with pms of who what when and where.you kind of sound like the guy that accused us of using illegal bait with all the fish we were landing.had to show him our bait just to prove him wrong,and love to prove people wrong.some times some people have a hard time catching maybe it the gear or lure or just lack of skill and luck for some and some guys just hate the fact they 're not the ones putting up the big numbers,i know all the people that have been putting these numbers up and i know where they been fishing,i don't doubt theses guys including myself for a second and knowing where there fishing these spots have been this hot since i started fishing lakers 30 years ago,witnesses and pics don't lye either,
now with all that said i just want you to know i'm not trying to start a war here i'm just sayin,and i hope you can have a few good days for your quarry too...tight lines
happens all the time, i've never seen anything bring out jealousy like fishing, especially ice fishing.....
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #800 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:49 PM »
I'm jealous and I fish with them.   Nothing like catching 2 while they get 10.     As for the numbers.   Once I moved to different spots ( thanks to icewander/ Jon. And jäger ) I have had more fish show up on my vex.  The laker that jäger posted of me was the quickest of 4.   The laker fishing has been ridiculous this  year if you know where they are.    And just because you fish there doesn't meen you will catch them ( sorry adksmitty)  we all were getting fish feet from him the other day and he didn't get one till after I left.     

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #801 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:03 PM »
any chance I can come play with you "fishing freaks" on Friday? lol

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #802 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:05 PM »
You welcome to fish with us anytime.     On mike to see where to meet.      There should be a nice group of us. 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #803 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:09 PM »
alwayse gotta be one guy.....

I don't know how you guys do it. I tried a different spot today and marked probably 50 fish. Nothing bit. They would chase then leave. Come up on it while it was falling leave. I tried probably a hundred different ways of teasing these fish right down to just letting it sit there and I still couldn't get them to bite. Man when fishings your thing it can get frustration when it beats you over and over again. But, with that said, ill be back out there next weekend.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #804 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:22 PM »

yep numbers can bum some people out i think that it shows the skill level of some how they have the ability to consistently catch fish no matter what flavor it is , well I'm coming for 2 days next week with some great guys , which I'm the green horn looking to ice my first laker , looking forward to being tested , and i don't cry over split milk , I'm coming to have a good time and some good old fashion ball busting , then back to Oneida

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #805 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:30 PM »
When you coming?    I'm on nights thus week so ill be out in the mornings.     

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #806 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:34 PM »
or you can be like me and get lucky when combsey says "come get my tipup" my only laker from lg and it wasn't even on my equipment.   at least i got 3 on other lakes last yr.

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #807 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Anybody using those PK Panic jigs for Lakers? I have always used Swedish pimples tipped with meat but wanted to try something new.
Thanks
Frank

Last trip to LG, I stopped in Fish307 and saw them hanging up. The pearl glow was to much of a temptation for me ... ended up catching most of my fish on it. The only thing I added was smelt scent.

A P/K Laker.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #808 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:23 PM »

I'm not trying to start a war either, but I will say that w/the # of people getting the quantity of lakers this yr. is amazing. It doesn't happen everytime we're out there, there are days w/ just 5 lakers iced. Now as for me, I took 6 or 7 pics of my 1st 9 fish that I caught because I was fishhing alone.& I posted some of those pic for you all to see. I've spent 30+ yrs. on Lake George fishing for lakers & never exaggerated how many fish I caught & I'm not going to start now. If you want to to w/us some time & verify our catches be my guess! :o

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #809 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:41 PM »
I try not to get involved in these things but I can tell you that its not impossible to hammer lakers on LG once you figure out what they want. I was just reading about full buckets of perch and someone was saying you have to fill the bottom of the bucket with snow to do that. If you put in the time and are not afraid to try some out of the box methods you will figure out how to consistently  catch fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.