New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339823 times)

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #240 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:14 AM »
eastcentral i was out there caught few fish and most were small

the road getting out was terrible i was the guy in the ford taurus haha i had all i could do to get over that mountain

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #241 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Anyone know how the ice is off Ft. Ann ?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #242 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 AM »
thanx Andy! and well everyone else!yeah the heart really got going the first time he flashed the hole and i realized what i had on the line,really didn't get "fish fever" btill i had her on the ice.yes i'm gonna have a replica mount done. the fishin really turned on yesterday have to stay with my son today i may bring him down to see icewanderer for a bit today before i have to pick up my daughter from school.good luck everybody who gets a chance to fish today,i'll be back at again tmrw and the rest of the week
I might just leave work early tomorrow and hunt down that truck of yours.
With some of the beasts your crew has caught. You should be charging some of us to fish next to you. 'Cept me of course.  ;D
Congrats man. Awesome fish!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #243 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Mealworm great pics,Awesome LL that fish is a thing of beauty.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #244 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:50 AM »
think this warm weather wiil hurt anything for tomorrow??  going out for the day i hope.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #245 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Slower today. I did somehow jig a pike out deep. But with views of those mountains, you can't go wrong.
home already? slow today what did you only get 10 lakers...lol

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #246 on: Jan 29, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Went to Bolton yesterday. Don`t go to Dome Island. Me and a buddy walked out there,and we used the spud bar.Only about and inch of ice. We backed out and fished by the Sagamore. Only 2 iches out there. Ice was cracking all day. Moved to a bay and caught a lot of perch. Added 3 lakers also. Be careful at this part of the lake!  :)
Master Laker taker.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #247 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:49 PM »
Fantastic LLS Logan! What a beauty and I commend you for the C & R! Congratulations!

Mike

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #248 on: Jan 29, 2013, 02:50 PM »
Air temp in bolton. 29,  no rain yet.  Just hoping temps stay lower than predicted

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #249 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:31 PM »
@Mealworm- Very impressive day can't see topping that for a while but we can dream.  I've caught some of my best fish in my dreams LOL

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #250 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:02 PM »
AWESOME LL mealworm, great day!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Offline phantom jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #251 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Not a bad day on the king 50 perch in 4 hours,had to move and stay with them but its  work the extra work.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #252 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Not a bad day on the king 50 perch in 4 hours,had to move and stay with them but its  work the extra work.
glad to hear it! you getting good sized ones

Offline phantom jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #253 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Alot of throw backs at first then they got bigger.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #254 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:34 PM »
how is harris looking ?  how much ice?? how far out can you go??

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #255 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:40 PM »
             There are places to launch for free, I know you have to get a LG permit for your boat, but those boats bring invasive species to the lake & it coast money to clean them up, like the Asian Clam. As for hardwater, no fees except for the fishing license & every state has them. I'm not trying to get you to come back, go ahead & stay away give us locals more space to fish. ;D
              & I'm headed out again today. :woot:

those boats bring invasive species?!?!?

its more like the owners that dont clean them/drain livewells/bildge that bring invasive species.

you make it seem like all us boat owners traffic invasive species around with us.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #256 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:02 PM »
those boats bring invasive species?!?!?

its more like the owners that dont clean them/drain livewells/bildge that bring invasive species.

you make it seem like all us boat owners traffic invasive species around with us.
            You are right, the owner is @ fault, so what your point, a fee is still charged & that's what he complained about. I've been to other states where they require a daily use fee.

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #257 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Every lake that has a boat launch has an invasive species issue. Not all have a park commission or a history of trying to keep people off a lake that is owned and governed by rich people. I have fished the lake since I was a kid with my dad since 1976 and even back then fisherman complained about access and excessive rules. Welcome to New York. It is only going to get much worse.   

JJ

« Reply #258 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Let's get back to the BS. ;) ;D

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #259 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Sounds like as this front came in with the crappy weather the fishing picked up.  Anyone else have extremely slow fishing this past Saturday and Sunday.  The bite was non-existent it seemed with the nice weather.  Beautiful days on the ice though.  My highlight was a fish I fought for 15 minutes and never saw it....hooked on a perch jig/very light jig rod.  Light line prevented me from putting any kind of pressure on the fish and when I finally did.....one screaming run put an end to that fight.  Great first day on the ice though.  Areas where the fishing had been fantastic 2 years ago....seemed to hold nothing.  I wasn't even marking them on the vexilar?  Strange.
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #260 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:19 PM »
            You are right, the owner is @ fault, so what your point, a fee is still charged & that's what he complained about. I've been to other states where they require a daily use fee.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Take-look-at-boats-greens-tell-state-4173468.php

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #261 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:56 AM »
Let's get back to the BS. ;) ;D
            Your right JJ, sorry for taking this on further! :-X

Let's fish!

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #262 on: Jan 30, 2013, 03:59 AM »
 :o :owow no response. no one fishing there so more for me. Im going today so if i  go swimming ill let you know. thanks

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #263 on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:55 AM »
Ive been out three times to three different spots for perch and have caught dink upon dink?  Anyone else seeing this so far?  I did manage 1 Laker yesterday and had 2 others on very briefly, guess i should have brought my laker gear.

Use tipups with live bait to get keeper perch. The small fatheads are OK, but the 2-3 inch shiners are even better. I only catch perch in the 9 + inch range when using tipups.  Also, a 3 inch shiner can be used to catch any species of fish anywhere, except bluegill or regular sized crappie.

I would rather catch 15 real hefty keeper perch than 50 so-so ones. The occasional pike, pickerel or laker is awesome also.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #264 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:07 AM »
You arrived at the perfect time. They shut down for about two hours today. You may have seen the three holes I had to jump from to get a limit. drilled close together.  I told Tom about how good they have been to me and ken  this week. Did Alota damage from that hut. (Image removed from quote.)
no nice fish hey it was no e to see ken and tell him thank u for the tips

Offline perchslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #265 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:42 AM »
nice haul of perch

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Man, I hope they're still slamming like that today. Well done Bird!
I'm close to hooking my brother on the sport finally. One day like that should seal the deal.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #267 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:56 AM »
You arrived at the perfect time. They shut down for about two hours today. You may have seen the three holes I had to jump from to get a limit. drilled close together.  I told Tom about how good they have been to me and ken  this week. Did Alota damage from that hut. (Image removed from quote.)
Hey Andy, Did you get done cleaning yet??  Lol.  Nice haul.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #268 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:57 AM »
Thanks Bird, Now that I have to go work 3 10 hour days.  Oh well, prob have to play hooky on Sat. 

Offline auger7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who wait...
« Reply #269 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Encon states that Perch over 9" have high levels of mercury in the adirondacks and you should eat none. Also the fishing is on the decline due to the newly introduced Asian clams/zebra mussels. I guess we should just stow the auger and wait for spring trout season.  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.