The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Shack Brainstorm  (Read 886 times)

Offline scottly0

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicken Little
Shack Brainstorm
« on: Dec 03, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I was replacing the tarp on my 4 X 8 semi portable- semi permanent tarp shanty when a light bulb went off.  If I made the 2 x 4 skis, floor, and hinged frame for a second tarp shack (cutting only half an arch on each plywood end and butting them together) and placed the two shacks side by side I could run a larger tarp over the entire rig and have an 8 x 8 shack and tow it onto the ice one half at a time.  Four 2 x 4 to support the tarp roof and I will have a much larger modified tarp shack with eight jigging holes. 8)

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shack Brainstorm
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2005, 03:25 PM »
that  sounds sweet...real easy to move around...I have thought about building one with a tarp from a flatbed tractor trailer...If I could only get my hands on one.

Offline Mostlyflagless

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2005, 06:26 PM »
just make sure you can get to the "inside runners" I had two 4x8's bolted together last year. when the rains came and the ice formed about a foot higher than it was originally, I couldn't free up the inside runners. Wound up ripping the shack right off off them. what a mess and alot of work.

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2005, 06:52 PM »
just make sure you can get to the "inside runners" I had two 4x8's bolted together last year. when the rains came and the ice formed about a foot higher than it was originally, I couldn't free up the inside runners. Wound up ripping the shack right off off them. what a mess and alot of work.

I did the same thing! the new shack has 2 outside runners - nothing in the center, hidden from the sun and ice chisles
Scott Wright

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.