Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609814 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11910 on: Mar 07, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Greetings fellow 9:45er's currently snowing calling for 10-15 inches of wet snow before ending on Thursday  guessing 5 inches already on ground. Got lucky snow from last week's storm melted quickly only had to shovel out end of driveway at house last Saturday. Some folks in neighboring counties still without power since last Friday's storm lots of trees and branches down.
 Hopefully I maintain power during this storm complex recently converted from oil to natural gas for heating all of us use electric for cooking will have to check complex bylaws and look into some type of camp stove. spoke with my sister before getting on computer window in garage door is covered and have door blocked shut will see if any neighborhood cats or squirrels get inside building. Like lady in Tom Turkey's neighborhood "cat lady by my sister feeds the stray/feral cats also traps them and takes to vet to be fixed so local population does not grow.
Made some notes so hopefully do not miss replying to everyone's posts from last couple of days.
Tom Turkey we have charging station for electric cars at local Italian restaurant /pizzeria seen a few cars plugged in cost of Tesla's model line is out of range for most of us prices may drop over time believe all of tesla's cars start at over one hundred thousand. Good story about walleye trip think it is best to bring you own plank when needed and take with you so not removed by others while fishing.
Old Goat good deal hunting nice of you to help friend get shelter for his kid. Glad they have put it to good usage this season.
Ice Wanderer be thinking of you tomorrow may doctor/doctors be able to get to hospital and due surgery. Smart idea on hotel will be nice if you can get off medications in future. Congratulations to your friend beautiful lake trout. May equipment hold up for Mealworm and his crew as they deal with this storm.
Hunts2long congrats on bowling team staying in first place . Sorry daughter's BF's team did not win game and advance in state tournament. Also my condolences to your friend and you on his father's death.
Wallyworld may want to purchase one of the snow removal tools Mr. Turkey has posted links about for the camps. Glad your son and family have electric power restored grand kids must have been going crazy with no computers . May Mr.WW and his fellow fire dept. members receive few calls for assistance from this storm MY BIL is also fire dept. member keeping his vehicle at the ready in case call comes over radio may go to fire house later tonight to be on stand bye.
Eddie belated birthday wishes to your wife. Hope you have safe journey to work and back today.
Whopper Stopper guessing the girls like their camp fires "Pyro Sisters"  :roflmao: from watching different survival shows learned birch bark contains a lot of oils which makes it a good fire starter glad woods are still standing. Happy you like new Rheumatologist many athletes now use Yoga to help maintain their bodies if suggested give it a try skip the tights and wear sweats. Nice you still have and use fishing spear that belonged to your father.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read about wife may she feel better soon any word back from MRI.
IFF glad that group only took cold water baths. How big is the dock that must be dragged back into the lake, enjoy the early open water fishing. Hope outboard motor Gives yo no problems starting.

Snow intensity picking up to all in this storm's path may you come through it with minor problems. scheduled to work tonight so headed back to bed for a few hours of sleep hopefully will call before heading to work. Thankfully store is close to my home can walk if needed will not be pleasant but short trip.
Have a good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11911 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Good evening everyone, I hope everyone had a good day. The Mrs is feeling better thank you. The mri showed spinal compression. Talking possibly a laminectomy and fusion.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11912 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27*  and just some lingering flurries floating around, mid 30's for a high here today. We didn't do too bad with the snowfall here yesterday, maybe 12" total, but very happy it was only about half of what one forecast predicted, and about a third of another, lol. :bow: 

I-45..thats good news on your wife recovering with her illness!  :thumbsup:    Ouch on the MRI! Wasn't familiar with the term laminectomy, had to look that one up. Best wishes sent your way Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..hoping you got the lesser amount of that snow prediction down your way as well, and no loss of power!  :thumbsup:
  Bud..looking forward to your report on the first boat trip...hope they were hungry!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...no problems on the road into work yesterday, but a few minor accidents seen on the way home. Hope your snow totals weren't too bad either!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...no diet for me!  ;D. Most mornings I'm just having my good old Quaker Oats, but must admit, the Mrs. has been skimping on the sweet stuff under the dome lately....will have to inquire about that!   ;D
  Marv..have a safe day with the tree removal if that's on your agenda today!  :thumbsup:   We could use a dose of that warmer weather here now also to knock down some of this snow...but no rain please!  :o
  Jeff...hoping your ride down to Albany was ok yesterday, there wasnt much for snow there all morning. Hope everything goes well with today's appt, good idea on grabbing a room overnight!   :thumbsup:

Had some issues with my truck yesterday afternoon. Started it up, it ran for about 10 seconds, sputtered and then shut right off. Couldn't get it to fire back up. Have it narrowed down to the fuel pump...it's not kicking on. Could very well be a ground wire or something else, fuses were all good. Going to try over riding the fuel pump relay with a wire like my mechanic showed me yesterday and see if that works.
  With yesterdays weather, I chose to park inside a parking garage down at the job which unfortunately has a height limit of 6'6", so a regular wrecker can't go in there to flatbed it out. Did contact another towing company who can retrieve it, but the price to do it and tow it about 15 miles to a mechanic I use was $265!! My insurance company covers towing, but I'm not certain if they'd cover all of that quote, damn, and I'm not shelling out cash now and get reimbursed later for that as the gent told me over the phone.
  Worse case scenario, I'll tow it out of the garage with a strap and get it to an area outside where a wrecker can get it.
  So how's your day going?   ;D.  Cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11913 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

12 heading close to 30 later today.

-45 glad your wife is feeling better, good luck on the road ahead :thumbsup:

mr.clean hope your night went well, hope you didn't lose electric during the storm :thumbsup:

WW glad your snow amounts were lower than expected. Hope your day is shovel-less. :thumbsup:

I am off to the rifle range in a couple of hours to work off my dues. Next week highs into the 40's so hopefully the snow will get melted and I can get a couple of jobs done.

Good Morning Eddie!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11914 on: Mar 08, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....guess your area took the brunt of the storm  :(  hope you made it thru w/o any serious issues  ;)   good you're able to walk to work if need be, better than trying to navigate the bad roads

Eddie.....so sorry to hear of your truck problems, especially the towing issue  :wacko:  hope the fix is a relatively easy & inexpensive one  ;)  glad your snow totals weren't any worse

WS....hope the tree work at the range goes well today  :flex:  still amazed at your bartering powers  :thumbsup:

IW.....good luck with today's surgery & safe travels back home  :)

IF45.....had the same surgery a few years back....definitely a life changer  :thumbsup:  best wishes

IFF.....hope the motor fired up first pull  ;D  now you just need your weather to stay decent so you can continue getting out there  ;)2

H2L.....sorry to hear of your friend's loss  :'(  hope his memories of time spent fishing with his Dad bring him comfort   :angel

Well the weatherman sure missed the mark on this one, ended the day with no more than 3 or 4" of snow  :clap:  The temp stayed near 40 all day so all the snow that fell pretty much melted on contact  :thumbsup:  The trees are really pretty this morning with a light coating of snow clinging to the branches  :)  Funny how much easier it is to see the beauty in the snow when you're not wielding a shovel  :woot:  Now we'll be dealing with some lake effect snows thru the weekend, no big amounts according to the forecasts  :)  We'll see about that come Monday  :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11915 on: Mar 08, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Good morning early risers, Winter wonderland here received over a foot of snow from storm Quinn . Have to shovel out my vehicle in a little while also head over to house shovel path to bring garbage to curb for pick up tomorrow will remove snow from edges of roof. Over next few days will clean out driveway . Yester day before my post was going to clean by my SUV saw rate of snowfall and said worry about that job later. Only lost internet,TV and phone service for around one hour last night . (I have bundle package from cable company so if their service goes down I'm stuck ) never lost electric power thankfully. Think I've found stove to fit my emergency needs uses Sterno as fuel source company that has store near cemetery in Paramus,NJ. where my parents and other relatives are buried carries the stove will look at it next trip to area also pick up some dehydrated meals. this stove is mostly designed to heat/boil water and things like soup/canned spaghetti.
Icefisher-45 glad your wife is doing better. Like Eddie had to research Laminectomy appears you have a long road back to being normal self.
Eddie as you can read we got higher snow total my guess is between 12-18 inches. Sorry to hear about truck starting problems and high cost to tow. I'm sure most of your coworkers drive trucks and straps chains that could get truck out of garage then problem becomes finding a spot to park while waiting for wrecker. May the rest of your day go betterhopefully you will find a sticky sweet treat under the dome when you get home tonight.
Whopper Stropper may all go well with tree removal at gun range. May you find time to do a little target shooting.
Ice Wanderer in my thoughts and prayers today may all go well and operation bring relief to shoulder pain.
Wallyworld hope your area received less snow then mine no fun having to repeat snow cleanup at homes /camps so quickly. Also hope Mr.WW and his fire dept friends spent night at home. Talked with my sister last night she said about a foot of snow (Morristown,NJ. area) and my BIL did not have to respond to any calls .
I will check back later to read everone posts.

I called out from work last night need rest from today's snow removal.
Good morning Wallyworld glad your area of NY. had lower snow fall agree with your comment much nicer to look at then shovel.

A safe and good day to all. To those cleaning up after snow storm take your time especially if shoveling.
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11916 on: Mar 08, 2018, 06:19 AM »
31* and some light snow. Most of the snow yesterday was gone just after hitting the ground. We did get 2 or 3 inches overnight. May have to make a couple passes with the snowblower this morning.

Good luck with your truck Eddie.

Ice-45 I still have to look up that word, but good luck.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11917 on: Mar 09, 2018, 03:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* with a little wind this am, high of 35 here today with a chance of snow/rain mix this afternoon.

H2...have you seen anyone out on the ice?
  Steve...hope the rest of the snow removal went ok for you..crossing fingers we don't see too much more of it this month...the trout season is coming up again in a few weeks.
  Wally...thanks and hoping the lake effect snow is minimal for you this weekend!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...how did the tree job go yesterday for you?
  Jeff...hope everything went well for you yesterday at the VA Sir!   :thumbsup:

Thank You for the best wishes concerning my truck, hoping its a minor issue as well. Just had that fuel pump assembly replaced at Thanksgiving...so it's still under warranty anyway if it's found to be defective.
  Made arrangements with the towing company to pick up the truck this afternoon after work...see what happens from there.
  Not sure what's on today's agenda, but will check back in to see how everyone's doing!  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11918 on: Mar 09, 2018, 03:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                    It's 23* here on my hill and the snow has finally stopped, we have about 11" on the ground, I'll be out today
           doing some snow removal if my shoulder is up to it. That's another story, so here goes! ???
                   On Wednesday's appointment I saw the head orthopedic surgeon the one that would perform my procedure,
           he didn't think that actual surgery was the right approach to my arm. His recommendation was to do a shoulder manipulation.
           What he did was while under anesthesia to manipulate my arm in all directions to loosen it up and then give me a shot of
           cortisone and Novocain. There was suppose to be a lot of popping of the joint and muscle. After I came to in the recovery
           room he came in and said that there wasn't as much popping that he expected, to me that's not good. He had told my wife
          that if it doesn't do what he thought it would they could do it again. Oh Boy! ::) The doctor also told me that I would hurt
          worse than if I had the actual surgery. Well this morning I feel about the same as I did after getting just a cortisone shot,
          hummmmm! ??? We'll see what happens in a week or so. ::)
                   My wife and I decided not to stay in Albany Wednesday night, the snow didn't seem to be as bad as predicted. So we
          drove down yesterday morning, by the way I want to thank MW and my #2 son, Keith for plowing me out at 4:15 yesterday
          morning. :flex: :clap: :clap: I had to be at the hospital at 6:30am, by the way for your info. gum is considered food when it
          comes to no eating before a surgery! I guess I have rambled enough.
                   I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or fishing hard or open water.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11919 on: Mar 09, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

IW......ouch  :pinch: sure hope the procedure works out well for you, doesn't really sound like something you'd want to have done more than once  :nono:

Eddie.....fingers crossed the fix will be  covered by warranty  ;)

MrC....hope you've gotten all the clean up done without too many sore muscles  ;)2  seems more like January than March  :-\

WS.....hope all went well at the range yesterday  @) 

Not much going on today, another 2 - 6" of snow being forecast for this area by tomorrow  :(  saw on another thread someone was seen on web cam trying to take a snowmobile onto a local lake, guess that didn't work out so well  :roflmao:  no one was hurt and the sled was retrieved, must have made for an interesting show  :woot:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11920 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Headed off in a few for sleep center appointments for the both of us. We have to leave a early as I have to go pick up a pain med RX in person in the far end of the city. It is sad that it is those that need the pain meds have to pay for the addicts by having to jump through hoops to get them. Looking at some possible slippery roads on the trip due to some scattered snow flurries this morning

IW Trying an alternative to surgery is better than having a surgery that can be avoided by another procedure. I know it gets aggravating when some thing does not work. Surgery is not a possibility to fix my back problems as my bones are to soft to hold screws. I lost count of the number of injections I had in my lower back before I said enough is enough. I went with a nerve stimulator along my spine that helps along with an occasional Norco.

Eddie Have you kept dry gas in your tank? A Dodge caravan we had was prone to frozen gas lines causing it to not start.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11921 on: Mar 09, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Good afternoon 9:45ers head over to house for more snow clean up only clear path to door and spot on driveway  to put out garbage for pick up,plus remove snow from roof edges. I have branch from one tree to cut up seen more downed branches and broken limbs from this past storm then last Friday's. Now weather guessers calling for another storm to come through on Monday. ::) Believe there a still some people who have been without electric power since first storm in more rural parts of south eastern NY. Power company crews are having to install new poles and lines in some places. Heard on TV 48 dump truck loads of branches/tree limbs and other parts were remove from one section of Sullivan County.
Eddie I'm wondering if road spray got  into some electrical component and is cause of your problem with truck. May the repair bill be low glad you have towing coverage as part of auto insurance.
Ice Wanderer may the pain and other medications your on do their job and the manipulation procedure bring some relief to your shoulder problem. Nice that you have sons close by who could clear out driveway so you could get to hospital on time.
Wallyworld guess "Old Man winter wants to give the North East one last barrage of storms before Spring arrives this year. Hope we do not read of more deaths from vehicles going through late season ice.
Mr.Turkey hope trip to sleep center saw no problems with travel. Even some non prescription  medications now have to be picked up at pharmacy counter because they contain ingredients used in making other drugs such as Meth Amphetimine (spelling?) and pharmacist must keep a record of how much a person purchases and how often they buy the drugs.

REMEMBER TO SET CLOCKS AHEAD ONE HOUR TOMMOROW NIGHT. HAVE A PLEASANT REMAINDER OF THIS DAY.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11922 on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Went to the lake this morning, but the Johnson girls were stubborn, and wouldn't stay running, didn't like the 39.5 water temp.  So left the boat on the trailer, and went home, and might know, put muff on and it started right up. :cookoo: was a nice day too.  Now have to wait for this next cold front to leave the area.  Also discovered the bilge pump would not turn of so fixed that too.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11923 on: Mar 10, 2018, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

TT......hope the sleep center appointments went well and the roads weren't too bad  :clap: 

IFF....sorry to hear the "girls" decided it was time to mess with you  :%$#!:  good news tho that they did finally get running, guess fishing just wasn't in the cards  ;)

MrC....saw on the local news that these latest storms pushed our total snowfall over the season average by more than 3" so far and it ain't over yet  :o sure hope all this late season snow doesn't end up causing flooding like last year's  :nono:

IW....fingers crossed your shoulder isn't too uncomfortable  ;)  hope you aren't getting lots of snow to clean up

Eddie....how did truck repair go or is that today's project  ???

WS.....hope you're having a relaxing weekend  :thumbsup: 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11924 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:03 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                        It's 23* and snowing here on my hill, I guess March is coming in like the Lion and I hope the lamb shows up! lol :roflmao:
                        Wally.........My shoulder is fine, I haven't experienced any pain what so ever from the procedure, I still feel a little
                on the outside where the rotator cuff is. The cortisone shot reduces a lot of the pain, we'll see in a couple of weeks when
                it wears off. ::)
                        Bud........I think that's why they call engines "SHE" they are temperamental at times.  :woot:
                        Steve......My boys are the best, they are always will and able to help at minutes notice. :clap:  :thumbsup: :flex:
                        Eddie......I hope the truck repair goes well with no problems. :flex:
                        Marv.......What's on your agenda for the weekend?
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at Play!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11925 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:35 AM »
29* this morning.
WW, I agree, we have had enough snow. Just hoping we don't get any more next week. We have a trip to the City on Tuesday.
Eddie, I saw NO one on this end of the lake since Sunday. Good luck with the truck.
IW, glad you are feeling better. Are you done fishing for awhile?
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11926 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Jeff, H2,  Morning Everyone,
  30* with a fresh blanket of snow on the ground this am, looks like about 2" from the dog tracks, high of 35 here today.  Computer has been acting up again this am, let's try again...

Wally...well, the truck is now at the Dr.'s office... :clap:   Mechanic's last words were if you don't hear from me over the weekend, call or stop by on Monday...sure would be nice to get a call today saying its ready, but I'm not that lucky!   ;D
  Bud...that's too bad with motor problems yesterday, but glad you got the problems straightened out anyway. Best of luck next trip!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...funny you mentioned that about the road spray and electrical components. When I looked for the fuel pump relay inside the fuse box, I noticed there wasn't one even though it shows it and a 20amp fuse on the schematic. Researched it on a Chevy forum and discovered that on my year truck, 2009, they have what is called a fuel pump control modulator....and it's located, get this, above the spare tire under the truck!   :cookoo:
Here's a pretty good read concerning a similar incident, identical truck...http://brianearly.blogspot.com/2014/01/jackass-award-gm-pickups-fuel-pump.html
  Jeff...glad to hear your not having as much pain now, best wishes with that continuing!   X2 on the your reply to Bud... :roflmao: :clap:
  Tom..hope all went well for you both at the sleep center!   :thumbsup:  I haven't used Dry Gas recently, but have run that several times this season, especially when we were getting some extremely cold weather. I'm a fan of using SeaFoam and a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil every other fill up though. The parking garage I was in has so many steam pipes running through it, it generally maintains above freezing temps even on the coldest of days...so kind of doubt that it was a frozen line, but anything is possible...especially with my luck!   ;D

Borrowed my sons car for a few days until my truck is fixed, a Honda Civic. Wow, talk about a change of pace! Fealt like I was driving a go cart again, with a 5 speed, lol, so low to the ground.   :woot:  Sure wish my truck got the same gas mileage though, don't think the fuel gauge moved but a hair with the 50 mile round trip!
  Not much on the planner today, the Mrs. said she'd like some barbecued chicken for dinner, looks like some shoveling coming up again to get to it!   Cawfee's on....

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11927 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Good morning everyone, when I had my 09 ford I had a similar issue and it was the modulator which was above the spare tire. I hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11928 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Good morning all! :bow:
Gremlins working over time today.
I spent yesterday at the shack, going to a birthday party this afternoon.

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday.

Work or play stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11929 on: Mar 10, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Good day 9:45ers , I'm a little sore from the snow clean up still some to due plus cut up downed branches . Yesterday afternoon cleaned off more of the house roof and did a few loads of laundry . this coming week will be hectic have to get house down to minimum of furnishings so painter will have easier job when he starts on Monday march 19 Th.
IFF sorry you could not get your boat out on lake good to read you were able to correct problem with engines.
Wallyworld I received a dusting of snow last night still have to check reports on Monday's coming storm. Flooding is a concern for areas in my part of state hit hard by Friday March 2ND storm fellow I.S. member Gamalot spent a week on generator . He resides in rural area of Sullivan county lots of downed trees and branches. (Majority of Sullivan county is rural which makes for potential problems after any major storm)
Ice Wanderer hope you feel less pain after current cortisone injection wears off and you have greater range of motion in the shoulder. Happy you have such a good relationship with your sons. :thumbsup:
Hunts2long may Monday's forecast storm leave you no travel problems this coming Tuesday.
Eddie I think many mechanics would like to stick tool used to lower spare tire on vehicles where the tire is mounted under the vehicle up a certain body orifice. Having he spare in that location subjects the tire mounting hardware to weather. It is nice to have more room in truck bed or cargo area of SUV but like most trade offs has problems.Your comments about son's loaner car reminds me of my sister talking about driving my vehicle (2007 Ford Escape) we were at birthday party for one of my great aunts and cousin's husband who owns brew pub in Philidelphia ,PA. had brought a keg of his IPA to party .I was dinking one cup of beer when my sister said to me go easy on the beer I'm not sure I would be comfortable driving your vehicle home it is so big (she owns a Honda Fit) I pointed to another cousin's dual cab pickup and said my SUV is small compared to that truck. I was a good boy and only had that one cup of beer shame the IPA tasted good. Personally  would have stopped after second beer as I have never been a big drinker and cautious about driving after drinking alcohol.
Icefisher-45 vehicles with fuel pump mounted inside fuel tank present a problem to had to replace pump on 1998 Jeep Cherokee "Sport" edition I owned told to get fuel level in tank as close to empty as possible so there would be less gas to drain from fuel tank before removing it to replace fuel pump.
Whopper Stopper have a good time at the party. Sorry to hear those darned gremlins are giving you computer issues.
Tom Turkey ditto others comments about sleep center visit.

A safe and good day to all. Best to those fishing.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11930 on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A bit windy and 25* this am, high of 35 expected here again today.
  Welcome to Daylight Savings Time again!!

Steve...best wishes with the house, hope you're aches and pains have now passed!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...have been having some issues again here as well with my computer freezing up...hope you had a great time at the Birthday party, best of luck with the computer issues!   :thumbsup:  Was wondering how the ice has held up in your neck of the woods, any fishing coming up?
   I-45...hope you're feeling a little better Sir!   :thumbsup:  Pizz poor design with both manufacturers, built to fail with an expensive fix.
  H2...agree on no more snow needed, had enough and it's not disappearing too fast. Hope you have safe travels on Tuesday, good luck with bowling tonight!   :thumbsup:

Opted out of barbecuing yesterday and went with KFC.... ;D. Wasn't too bad, but think they're using smaller chickens with higher prices to offset the minimal wage increase...some of the pieces seemed like they belonged to a sparrow!
  Cawfee's brewing...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11931 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:13 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 25* here as well but no wind yet, the weather cat is out patrolling the property!
                           Eddie.......Getting smaller sizes or less things seem to be the norm these days. I read that olive canners put 2 less
                  olives in a jar or can at the same price, thus made more $$$ and no one even noticed. I hope the KFC was good though! ???
                           Marv........I guess Gremlins have been busy, this is my third try this morning! ::)
                           H2L........Good luck with the bowling, are you still in first place?
                           My wife and I had #2 son's kids last night, they are the greatest, didn't give us any trouble, they are 4 and 2 years old. :clap:
                           This time changing is a real pain, is it really necessary? :%$#!:
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11932 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Good morning early risers. Took a recovery day yesterday still feeling run down sister and BIL are coming up today move some furniture and more cleanout at house.
Eddie it seems every time a food item is new or improved portion/size of item gets smaller. Try finding a true half gallon container of ice cream these days. Also best thing for fast food places is up size you meal to medium or large you pay more for bigger drink and French fries.  Any news on your truck you would think vehicle designers would have mechanics look over their designs before company commits to making a vehicle.
Ice Wanderer glad you and wife had fun with son#2's children. I have to research this but believe at on time there was no changing of the clocks in U.S. think there is still some parts of Canada that never switch.

Check back later to read others regulars on this thread's posts.

A safe and good Sunday to all.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11933 on: Mar 11, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

32 heading to 40 later today. By weeks end the snow will take a beating with highs of 50 predicted.

Eddie they do the same here with using small chickens. It's almost like White Castle when they ask you how many chickens you want you just say 3  :roflmao:

IW the Grand kids sound like some pretty good kids. Do they have you on the floor playing any games ???

WW hope all is well with you and the Mr. Any boat trips coming up?

mr.clean good luck with the furniture moving, hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

We had a fun day yesterday and the party was very good. My Sister is having a knee replacement on Wednesday so it was nice to get together before she goes in. We had pizza and beer and she made me a big Birthday cake.

I am off to start changing all the dang clocks. I Am with you IW :%$#!:

Hope everyone has an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11934 on: Mar 11, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Good morning everyone, Whopper Stopper glad you had a good time at the party. Hope everything goes well with your sisters knee replacement. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11935 on: Mar 11, 2018, 09:00 AM »
The sleep center appointment went great for a change. I finally got with a PA that was great to deal with. She talked eye to eye with you unlike the previous one that talked to you like you were plain stupid. I hope she is  still there when I have to go back in a year.

Eddie There needs to be a million or more jackass awards handed out to all of the vehicle manufacturers for all of the stupid Ideas that they think we all need, that lead to expensive fixes to correct. OH for my old 55 Chevy that I could set on the fender to do a simple tune up, plugs points and condenser. Now some cars you have to disconnect a motor mount  and jack up the engine to change the back plugs.

IFF I have used seafoam in my boat gas for years. My motor stars up every spring with only turning over a few times. The hollow knocking you hear is me knocking on my hollow wooden head because it probably will not this year.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11936 on: Mar 11, 2018, 09:48 AM »
HAPPY BELATED TO MARV

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11937 on: Mar 11, 2018, 03:00 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday WS  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Sounds like it was a good one !!!!!!!!!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11938 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Happy BeLated Birthday Marv!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11939 on: Mar 12, 2018, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  This time change is going to take some getting use to.... ;D
  28* on the Hill this am, high of 35 here today. Looks like another dose of snow coming here tomorrow, 2-4" is the early guesstimate. Darn shame we lost good ice conditions here locally with that warm weather, recent conditions would have been ideal for a long season.

Tom..glad things well for you at the sleep center, excellent!  :thumbsup:  Agree on the Jackass Awards, they just don't want us to be able to work on our vehicles anymore.
  Marv...pizza and beer, my kind of party!!   :clap:  Best wishes to your sister on the knee surgery Wednesday.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..nice job! Hope your arm is still feeling ok Sir! Take it easy with the nuisance snow coming in tomorrow.   :thumbsup:
  Steve..hope the house chores went well yesterday for you. No word on the truck yet, will stop by on my way home from work and see how things are coming along.

Yesterday was pretty much an R&R day. Had some major icicles forming on the gutters which I took care of, a little garage clean up, but other than that, easy relaxing day. Did catch a few Westerns and ended the evening with a good old Charles Bronson movie, The White Buffalo.   :thumbsup:
  Time to get motivated and get ready for 40 more.....cawfee's on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.