Author Topic: New model IceGator auger coming soon (picture included)  (Read 28840 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
IceGator will soon have a new model out that you can hook up to an external battery.  More info to come on this unit, but here is a picture of it...

Ice Gator.com
Ken                                          

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: New model IceGator auger coming soon (picture included)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2008, 12:48 PM »
looks nice and light

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Jay NOW you know what to get me for Xmas...... :laugh:
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Anybody know the price?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2008, 01:39 PM »
sweet unit for sure  even changed battery position as Ive been told by them  makes charging better (I never had problems)  lots of new tinkering and adjusting too  great units for sure   Ill tell ya all again  last years 8"  worked fantastic   place your orders when you can so you dont loose out this year    no more 4.00 a gallon plus oil    no leaks no mess all green   and when all wore out in 20-30 yrs  looks to be fully recyclable    a real green machine!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Bean,

Is the external battery for power to run the motor, or for the ability to charge it on the ice?

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Bean,

Is the external battery for power to run the motor, or for the ability to charge it on the ice?

Or is it maybe to run other stuff like lights or flashers?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2008, 04:07 PM »
run it off the batteries you may have in your ice shack

Offline havejigwilltravel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2008, 07:42 PM »
how big a battery do you have to carry?how many holes does it cut on one battery?

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Sorry Hazzy, but I don't get it. If you make a rechargeable unit, why would you make one that needs to be hooked up to a battery to use it? A car battey is pretty heavy, and if you go 20ft away from the shack where the battery is you either need a cart or sled to haul the battery, or a 20ft cable to hook it up. Just wondering what the ease of that one is? I would rather have the rechargeable one, or my gas auger. Not trying to cause a problem, just find a LODGICAL reason for it.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 18, 2008, 11:17 PM »
im gonna have to go with my gas auger...electric augers are a joke unless u have a permanent shack+cold outside+8 different holes in ur shack to drill+electric auger is nice then...that way you dont get all those fumes and freeze just to air ur shack out....that would be the only positive side to an electric auger...u guys are goofy thinkin an electric auger is the way to go...pretty sure i drilled like upwards of 600 holes last year on like maybe 2 and a half gallons of gas....didnt have to worry about chargin the auger or now ull have to charge a battery just to use it...and yeah make-buy a cart to haul ur batter on...nonsense

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2008, 03:37 AM »
I don't understand the need for it.  By what people were saying on here last year the batteries lasted a long time.  Wouldn't it be easier and lighter to bring an extra set if batteries with you than drag around a car battery or something similar?  I know I bring enough stuff without lugging around a heavy battery.
Travis

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2008, 04:58 AM »
its probably designed more for places where the ice is very thick and the temps are waaaay below zero and driving on the ice is common and the smaller batts might not hold up as well...

as far as thinking this auger is a joke you are saldy mistaken...i can gaurantee you my icegator drilled well over 600 holes last year with NO gas  ;) 

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2008, 06:28 AM »
I know places where that auger would be very useful like anywhere you can drive on the ice. Some places I fish in Alberta have half the lake full of vehicles on. Just pop the hood, connect the cables and drill away.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:16 AM »
I drilled many a hole with my icegator last year  and it never failed  esp with 42" of ice no problems at all!   Also drilled at -30    I don't know all the details about the new one  just what little Ive been told  / heard   but the unit with the cables  makes it lighter for inside a perm shack and you can use the batteries you already have inside your ice house    Like I said I don't know all the details   but I like the idea!!   As far as dependability  Trust me I never had an issue drilling all the holes on the lake on any given day when I was out   It had more reserve power that I had not tapped into   and best of all I know how to charge it on the go if need be   I also can charge mine off my solar panels too  or plug it in     The 3 days we went to moosehead last year we had 2 of them there  I know I never recharged mine  and had plenty of power for the whole time  and lots of holes were drilled  Bilditrite had his there And he kept count  till he had over 70 holes   I don't think he charged his eather  and we both just used the small batteries!

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:19 AM »
I use an 8" hand auger. My area only gets about a foot of ice. When I take my shanty out I only drill three holes and slide my shanty over them and get in out of the weather. The three holes I drill by hand, are getting harder the older I get. I want to drill three holes and get in my shanty hook up the underwater camera, the flasher, the DVD player or what ever else plugs in. I already have a battery so I will be buying an auger like this for weight issues on thin ice that other fishing areas may not have.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline masterangler70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:22 AM »
This auger is a new addition to the current icegator line after having alot of requests for a unit like this last winter. The unit will run off a snowmobile or atv battery as well as a battery in a permanent ice house. Unlike Icegators other models that are 24 volt this one is 12 volt to be compatible with your atv battery. There are no batteries on board making the unit weigh next to nothing. If you are a mobile person and dont have a hard side with batteries our 24 volt model with the on board batteries is the way to go. And as far as it being a joke I would be more than happy to meet up with anybody that thinks they can outdrill this unit with their gas auger. Our 24 volt model is faster than any stock manufactured gas auger and uses no gas. Oh and it will drill more holes off one battery charge than you can fish in a day. To each his own.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:25 AM »
This auger is a new addition to the current icegator line after having alot of requests for a unit like this last winter. The unit will run off a snowmobile or atv battery as well as a battery in a permanent ice house. Unlike Icegators other models that are 24 volt this one is 12 volt to be compatible with your atv battery. There are no batteries on board making the unit weigh next to nothing. If you are a mobile person and dont have a hard side with batteries our 24 volt model with the on board batteries is the way to go. And as far as it being a joke I would be more than happy to meet up with anybody that thinks they can outdrill this unit with their gas auger. Our 24 volt model is faster than any stock manufactured gas auger and uses no gas. Oh and it will drill more holes off one battery charge than you can fish in a day. To each his own.
Ok I challange you to a race up here at moosehead!   yours against mine  lol

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:27 AM »
oh thats right I have an icegator too  lol

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2008, 11:16 AM »
never race an engineer! he will bring the 36volt unit. with fifteen cutting heads.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2008, 12:39 PM »
im gonna have to go with my gas auger...electric augers are a joke unless u have a permanent shack+cold outside+8 different holes in ur shack to drill+electric auger is nice then...that way you dont get all those fumes and freeze just to air ur shack out....that would be the only positive side to an electric auger...u guys are goofy thinkin an electric auger is the way to go...pretty sure i drilled like upwards of 600 holes last year on like maybe 2 and a half gallons of gas....didnt have to worry about chargin the auger or now ull have to charge a battery just to use it...and yeah make-buy a cart to haul ur batter on...nonsense

I bet my Icegator pops a hole in the ice faster than your gas auger.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2008, 01:05 PM »
before the gas one is warmed up!!!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Hazzy, sorry I asked and got these guys fired up. I was just looking for feedback from you. I am getting rid of my gas auger because it's to heavy and I'm looking for a lighter one. My Eskimo is a 3hp 10" so you can figure how heavy it is. I just had shoulder surgery and now need a lighter auger. It's a toss up between the Nills Master and the Ice Gator. Just wondering how much the Ice Gator weighs with the batteries. Sorry for getting everyone going. I have seen the video and that auger is pretty quick.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Hazzy, sorry I asked and got these guys fired up. I was just looking for feedback from you. I am getting rid of my gas auger because it's to heavy and I'm looking for a lighter one. My Eskimo is a 3hp 10" so you can figure how heavy it is. I just had shoulder surgery and now need a lighter auger. It's a toss up between the Nills Master and the Ice Gator. Just wondering how much the Ice Gator weighs with the batteries. Sorry for getting everyone going. I have seen the video and that auger is pretty quick.

Use an ice gator with a nils bit! 2 birds, one stone. ;D

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Sep 19, 2008, 08:08 PM »
That is sort of what I was thinking. I am going to post my auger on e-bay next week so I can order that Icegator. The wife said I can't get a new one til the old one is gone. ??? :(

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Sep 19, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I have learned that it is easier to ask for your wife's forgiveness than her permission.

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Sep 20, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Will the new auger be able to handle a 10" bit?  That's what I'm hoping to see from you guys.  I know people say your other augers have plenty of power for running a 10" bit but I wouldn't want to tear it up by misusing it.  But since I'm single I can keep my Strikemaster Lazer 224 for lakers and use an Icegator for everything else. ;D ;D ;D
Travis

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Sep 20, 2008, 08:26 AM »
I posted this in another section of the board  some one said I must really like the icegator   well it is tru!

Quote from: pikeking on Sep 19, 2008, 09:10 PM
You really like that Icegator, hey Hazzy

actually best thing Ive bought to date I have problems getting around anyway Really bad leg (and thats saying it lightly) and have pulled my arm outta my socket (due to stupid mistake with an old Jiffy) and hand drilling took too much outta me   When ya let off the button it stops immediately So far it has not let me down.  And after I'm done drilling for the day I have the batteries for the DVD player or TV or satellite radio After the initial investment I have 0  repeat zero operating costs

Yes I do really like it  and I use an 8" lazer bit with it   I also have a 6"    but havent used it with it yet   I can only imagine  that the batteries would never need charging if I went to the smaller one   (yes I know it would need charging eventually  lol)

icewagon

« Reply #28 on: Sep 20, 2008, 11:12 AM »
sweet unit for sure  even changed battery position as Ive been told by them  makes charging better (I never had problems)  lots of new tinkering and adjusting too  great units for sure   Ill tell ya all again  last years 8"  worked fantastic   place your orders when you can so you dont loose out this year    no more 4.00 a gallon plus oil    no leaks no mess all green   and when all wore out in 20-30 yrs  looks to be fully recyclable    a real green machine!
Where do you think the electricity comes from to recharge any battery ?
How did they make the batteries ?
 If you think anything is " GREEN " better go drink some cool aid with Al Gore.

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #29 on: Sep 20, 2008, 12:36 PM »
the best idea would be a gator motor, with no battery, but the power cable ( say 15-20 feet) to plug into the 12V accessory port on either a ATV or snow mobile, that way there you have a very light unit, and you can use your ice traveling machine for power.. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.