Author Topic: Pklures  (Read 13730 times)

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pklures
« on: Dec 23, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Wow thats one nice lure. :o Very Nice guys and it catches walleye winter and summer. :clap:

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
Re: Pklures
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2010, 05:50 AM »
Any pictures?

or has this thread been cut off?

Wiener

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2010, 07:46 AM »
No the thread is in tact, I believe he is talking about the new sponsors lure, here is the link

http://www.pklures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2010, 06:11 AM »
Very interesting looking lure!

Has anyone bought any of these?

I wonder how the action is just jigging as opposed to trolling?

Wiener

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Yes I have tried them they work in all application The PK spoons and flutter fish can catch all species of fish Give them a try I was glad I did. :) :) :)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Glad someone is doing well with them.  I just might have to look into those Flutter Fish lures.  ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline chris71383

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:15 AM »
What colors have been working for you

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I have Luck on the Glow colors and the Pearl Chartreuse have been my best. But due to the action on any given day I have caught  on all of them I go from the Pk spoon to the pk flutter fish. and back it seems to trigger fish when things slow a bit. I have had walleye and perch come in as well as pike and these fish  will hit tell they get caught or ripped lips. My percentage of  fish has gone up. Super sharp hooks on them as well. The perch Love the 1/8 o/z pk and flutter fish. Good Luck :icefish:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:32 PM »

Read the testimonials on their website and have your credit card ready.

http://www.pklures.com/

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:04 PM »
just picked up a couple today. Cant wait to give em a try.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:17 AM »
These ice fishermen are using PK Lures and doing quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfCe-m7lDGk&NR=1

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Alot more banter about this lure under ice fishing saskatchewan last mountain lake. you be the judge.  ;)
Still counting.....

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Since Google can't find it, maybe we could impose on your good nature by asking you, walleyeslayer1978,
to please post a link, as we would like to judge. Thanks, Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:33 PM »
on this website, iceshanty.com.  ice fishing canada, saskatchewan, last mountain lake, around page eleven. I think some of it was removed though. There were some colourful conversations that i can't seem to find anymore.
Still counting.....

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:44 PM »
It carries on right through the thread tho.
Still counting.....

Offline spoonjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:43 PM »
You guys should check out the video on their homepage (pklures.com) of the big walleye they are catching up in Canada. It is pretty sweet! I wish had caught those fish.

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Every lake is different though. They dont always work

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:16 AM »
I just purchased 5 of the flutter fish and 5 of the spoons from The Fishin' Hole in Winnipeg MB. I will be trying them out here in Northern Manitoba in the next week or so. I will be sure to let you know how I made out. Has anyone been catching on these? There seemed to be lots of hype about them in December and January but I was unable to get some til now. Please fill me in if you have any info. Im excited to try them :)

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2011, 01:45 PM »
I just purchased 5 of the flutter fish and 5 of the spoons from The Fishin' Hole in Winnipeg MB. I will be trying them out here in Northern Manitoba in the next week or so. I will be sure to let you know how I made out. Has anyone been catching on these? There seemed to be lots of hype about them in December and January but I was unable to get some til now. Please fill me in if you have any info. Im excited to try them :)
They're ok - just another hook for the arsenel.

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Ok I have purchased about 10 pklures. 5 spoons and 5 flutter fish. It seems that the fish are attracted to them (see them show up on my x67c) but they just dont want to bite. I have been having luck on my Jigging Shad Rap. Perhaps when they start biting before the ice goes out they will go for the PK. But at that time maybe they would bite anything. Not sure how to evaluate them yet. Perhaps there is a time and a place for them?

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2011, 11:04 PM »
These quickly became my favorite go to lure in one season. I have caught 5 different species on the same spoon which kinda looks like a variation to a fire tiger pattern.

Offline finzandpigskinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2011, 03:06 PM »
I caught five species in three hours of fishing with the spoon.  I was giving it lots of action like the explain on the website.  The best all around lure I have used this year! 

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:10 PM »
These quickly became my favorite go to lure in one season. I have caught 5 different species on the same spoon which kinda looks like a variation to a fire tiger pattern.

Zoo angler
I decided to try a few out after seeing your pics at glendo. I'm fishing Tounge river res, and haven't had any luck on the pk yet, vs other jigs. What size are you using for walleye ?

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2011, 06:40 PM »
Zoo angler
I decided to try a few out after seeing your pics at glendo. I'm fishing Tounge river res, and haven't had any luck on the pk yet, vs other jigs. What size are you using for walleye ?

I think it's the 1/4 ounce or the 3/8 ounce firetiger glow. I'll go look at the one still in its package and get back to you later tonight...any bigger and it doesn't have the same action. I grabbed one size bigger than the one I like and I couldn't get a bite on it (probably use it for lakers deep water jigging tho). I also use a flasher and normally don't use any bait(the walleye and cats hit when I tipped it w/ a minnow head but the pike and bass have hit w/out bait). If you use a flasher then lift slowly up 1-2 feet as the fish enters under the lure and the fish usually will chase it up and hit. If that doesn't work just put it right on their nose and "jiggle/ twitch" it no more than three inches up and down and then hold still then repeat. I have heard Tongue is tough to get anything to bite so it might just be that body of water. Glendo is also tough but you need to open up wide areas(50 - 200 holes / day). I wouldn't give up on them just yet as I have heard they work during the summer too. I just got a pike yesterday on open water casting the 3/8 ounce firetiger glow flutterfish from shore. Hope this helps.

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2011, 02:59 PM »
It's the 3/8 ounce that i like so much.

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Hmm. Didn't pick one of those up, just the rainbow in that size. Maybe next year you can personally show me how well they work. ;)

Have a good one.

Offline BigDVO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Caught my first Walleye on a PK last night. Fish were not showing up on my x67c so I threw on a pk flutter fish pearl chartruse with Berkley Powerbait attractant (no minnow) to see if I could bring any in. Within a couple of minutes I landed one. I tried for another 15 or 20 minutes with it and nothing. Went back to the jig and caught a couple more. We are still waiting for some warm weather here in Northern Manitoba to bring on the bites. Still about 5' of ice here with nights dipping to -25 and no real end in site. I should have another couple weeks of fishing to go before I have to pull my shack off. Ill continue to test out the PK's from time to time.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Just rec'd my PK's! X-posted for recommendation!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=197394.0

surflizard

« Reply #28 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:55 AM »
Hey Gamb00ler
 Can you tell me what the fall rate is like on the hourglass shaped spoons ? Just curious if it is a slow wide wobble ?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Haven't had an opportunity to use them yet surf. Was going to head out to the lake and do a bit of shore casting this evening but Mrs Gamb00ler already had plans for a grill out with the neighbors lol  :-\   As soon as I get a chance to get them wet I'll let you know. In the meantime, you might send Pat @ PKLures an email with any questions. He's been extremely good at returning emails and my questions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.